Trans Labrador Hwy (1000km of epic gravel)

This is a discussion on Trans Labrador Hwy (1000km of epic gravel) within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; If you like windy gravel roads and/or majestic scenery, then this might be the road for you I drove it ...

Trans Labrador Hwy (1000km of epic gravel)

If you like windy gravel roads and/or majestic scenery, then this might be the road for you I drove it last year and it was awesome - although extreme caution recommended.

I've attached a few of my pics to the thread, but Google will find lots of articles about it (i.e., Trans Labrador Highway :: The Travel Magazine), which talk about "Nothing beats the sense of freedom or captures the imagination quite like barrelling full throttle down a wide-open highway that stretches into the horizon to the rhythm of your favourite road trip music. The Trans Labrador Highway, a 1000km highway that cuts through rugged virgin Canadian territory is like a gift from the Gods for anyone who wants to burn some serious rubber along some pretty isolated gravel roads"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tlh_sign.jpg   IMG_0825.JPG   IMG_0850.JPG   IMG_0877.JPG   IMG_0883.JPG  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am very very jealous of your road.
    My Audi 4000 wants in.
    Hawk Eye #1991
    Dirty Crew #11
    Military Militia #1991
    I still don't know how I got this car...

Sweet road. There's some pretty awesome topography in Newfoundland and Labrador. I drove a similar road in northern Quebec when I was working on a project there. It looked very similar to the pics you posted, but was twice as wide; part of the Hydro Quebec network that services the dams.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    nice , i drove the dempster hgwy up in the yukon away back was epic ......in a celica alltrac turbo
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I drove it in my stock 1993 RWD Geo Tracker with 87Hp (when new) and it was a blast, I would imagine driving it in anything else would be even better