Pa: Pt Pleasnt Pike, Bucks Co

This is a discussion on Pa: Pt Pleasnt Pike, Bucks Co within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey all, if you are heading out of Doylestown towards Pipersville on Pt. Pleasant Pike, you are in for a ...

Banned

Talking Pa: Pt Pleasnt Pike, Bucks Co

Hey all, if you are heading out of Doylestown towards Pipersville on Pt. Pleasant Pike, you are in for a nice surprise until they are done with the road work. Its a 6 mile stretch I think. Most of it is good cruising Bucks Co state road, but after about 4-5 miles, the opposing lane is blocked off! They added guard rails to block off about 70% of the opposing lane (at first I thought I was to be expecting traffic in the opposite direction, but they closed it)! The base of the road eroded, so they just blocked it off till spring! The best part is that this is during the fastest, tightest turning, downhill section of the road. It is lovely. The rock formations and deep forest surroundings make for a great afternoon drive. I wouldn't recommend it after dark, esp because of deer, falling rocks, and uncertain road conditions, but it is a great weekend rip! Good times in 3rd and 4th :-p

BTW, I am a closer for a title company and I travel all over PA and NJ for my job, I apologize for the overabundance of PA and NJ driving posts :-p

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mbs627
    BTW, I am a closer for a title company and I travel all over PA and NJ for my job, I apologize for the overabundance of PA and NJ driving posts :-p
    No problem at all, and thanks for contributing. Its nice to get *any* good driving location posts in here!

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

yeah that is always a good time..... especially because when you leave the Gardenville Hotel, the last thing you want is other cars on that road!
    irish girls don't drink.... we indulge

Banned
    Ah, a Newtownie. I used to live in teh Grant. Ever take the rex back on Eagle mountain and see how fast you can go over the peak of Jericho mountain? Good times.

Great to have a post so local, especially since I just moved to Doylestown!! I'll definitely check this out, thanks a lot.

And Eagle Road in Newtown is great, as are parts of 413 and that whole area. Make a turn down what looks like a quiet road and there's a good chance you'll find something.

nice! I'm in Doylestown all the time! If you like that area, Forest Grove to Mill Creek is always fun, just watch the quarry trucks/gravel!
    irish girls don't drink.... we indulge