CR: Everywhere in Costa Rica

This is a discussion on CR: Everywhere in Costa Rica within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; There are some beautiful drives, but they can be very dangerous and scary. From the capital of San Jose in ...

Everywhere in Costa Rica

There are some beautiful drives, but they can be very dangerous and scary.
    From the capital of San Jose in the center, the drive east to the carribean is gorgeous through lush tropical forest. Care must be given to weather because the cloud forest air can be thick. On a clear, dry morning with little traffic, there is nothing better.

Going north to visit the live Arenal Volcano made for an exciting drive in my little Peugeot 106 rallye with 4 people packed in my clown car. I accidentally did a 4 wheel drift around a corner. The car handles amazingly!

Go west out to the Pacific beaches and drive through some scary tight mountain roads that have popped holes in my radiator hoses twice now (most recent was a couple weeks ago) from going 2mph behind trucks that can't get up the grade. We're talking close to 50% grade at parts.

Going south to the highest point in the country is great as well, but is plagued with massive fog/cloud cover at certain times of the day. Some of the most beautiful scenery you'll ever see. From this area, I went almost straight down a side road a couple thousand feet through 7 miles of steep switchback and then did some rally gravel driving on the road parallel to the river before rock climbing and doing part of a "ROPES" course in the jungle. The 7 mile trip back UP damaged the car again it was so hard (4 people is too much weight for the little beast). An SUV tried to give an oncoming car a bit of room and ended up half fallen off the road. They were high centered lengthwise front to back with the right side fully off the road and no way to get it back.

Maybe when I get my WRX broken in, I'll film some road sections.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sounds like driving heaven!

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    this guy wrote a few PARAGRAPHS with no acknowledgement

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxyzlol View Post
    this guy wrote a few PARAGRAPHS with no acknowledgement
    Nice of you. However I'm sure in the last 11 years he has found a way to get over it.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Nice of you. However I'm sure in the last 11 years he has found a way to get over it.
    you got me there bro, over and out.