PA route 42 in Columbia County

This is a discussion on PA route 42 in Columbia County within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Here's a good drive if you are in the Bloomsburg, Shamokin area. If you drive South from Bloomsburg on 487, ...

Banned

Thumbs up PA route 42 in Columbia County

Here's a good drive if you are in the Bloomsburg, Shamokin area. If you drive South from Bloomsburg on 487, you meet up with 42 in Catawissa. Take 42 for a few miles. Once you pass the town of Numidia, you are almost in no man's land. From there you'll have more than enough hills in the wilderness to bomb down (imagine a 3/4 - 1 mile of straight road down a mountain slope). On a side note that has nothing to do with nothing, the municipalities that you will cross through don't have enough of a tax base to have a local police force You will have amazinge views, decent road conditions, good twisties, and best of all, you will pass through what used to be the town of Centralia. Google it. Its story is amazing. Its not a long drive, but it is worth it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I agree. I've been there many times. We have lots of neat roads and twisties around here.

Yes, there are some pretty nice roads out that way. When we had our spring fun run we were on some of those roads. I have to travel out that way for work every so often. I am always on the lookout for some nice twisties.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon