SC: Us276, Us178
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SC: Us276, Us178 within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; US276 - goes from Greenville/Traveler's Rest through Table Rock and Caesar's Head on towards Brevard, NC. Very scenic. Quite windy ...

Thumbs up Sc: Us276, Us178

US276 - goes from Greenville/Traveler's Rest through Table Rock and Caesar's Head on towards Brevard, NC.

Very scenic. Quite windy too. Fun drive!

US178 - goes from SC to Rosman, NC. Not as trafficked as US276, but IMO a much nicer road for driving. 149 curves in roughly 17 miles (yup..we counted..hehe)

Just watch out for slow cars and bikers (oh and semis!)

~V
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.chumpmonkeygames.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

I agree. US178 is a very nice road to drive. I usually go up HWY 11 and then left onto 178 up to Rosman. From there I get on 64 (I think) and head down to Cashiers, NC. From Cashiers, I go to Highlands and then down 28 back to Walhalla.

Iím always ready for a cruise if you guys ever want to go.

Hey Valien and cLip,

Just got my mine this morning (2003 Silver Wagon), took it up the 25 and 26 route from G-Ville to Asheville. Leaves are changing, cool air, just a great ride. Have 279 miles on it now (came with 99 because they had to bring it down from Asheville and I guess some test drives.) So looking for any excuse to get it past that 1000 mark. Might go to Bojangles for breakfast tomorrow, one in Columbia...

May wind it up Paris Mtn or maybe up to the Blue Ridge Parkway. I can't imagine too many better places in this country for this machine , between here and Knoxville seems perfect.

Thanks for the tips on good drives, eager to check them out.

C-ya,

B

ha! that's awesome. Congrats Enjoy the car. I still love mine and it's got almost 24k miles on it, a few door dings from stupid people , and really dirty right now

~V
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.chumpmonkeygames.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Camp Greenville and "Pretty Place"

Drove up 276 through Traveller's Rest, Mareitta. Just past there you start to get into the really nice part of the drive. I think this road was put here for the sole pupose of driving a WRX or other road grabbing car. Saw a few S2k's, Z3's and 1 WRX, big grins on faces were evident. Took a right turn just before the state line towards Camp Greenville. Here is the website:

http://www.campgreenville.org

This is where it got really amazing. Road could be called "The Sidewinder", very nice for a drive with amazing scenery and views. There are so many turns and switchbacks, I hope I didn't damage my compass in the rearview by the direction changes . At the top is a chapel called "Pretty Place", there is a picture in the website, and we got a few pics ourselves I will post somewhere eventually. It is great to live in Greenville and be so close to sites like this.

My wife will have the machine this week as I will be down in the miserable flats of Orlando, but today's drive should hold me over till next weekend.

Cheers,

B

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.