NC, TN: The Dragon
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on NC, TN: The Dragon within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Best road in the southeast, without a doubt, The Dragon!! between the North Carolina and Tennessee border. 11 miles and ...

Best place in the south east

Best road in the southeast, without a doubt, The Dragon!! between the North Carolina and Tennessee border. 11 miles and 318 curves. ---Link for the Tail of the Dragon
    '02 Midnight Black WRX
    K&N drop-in and intake mod
    More to come :-)

'95 Impala SS
    Lots'o'mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for the tip.

Still trying to find one road with a curve in it here in Florida.

Maybe even a change in elevation... but that's asking for too much.

I will be hitting the Dragon and the Cherohala this weekend in my Rex. I'm staying down in the Forge, but will break away from the family for a fun run.
    "A good friend will help you move. A true friend will help you move a body."

They have recently paved the TN side so it's very nice and squeeky.

Be prepared to leave some some rubber and some brake pad as a sacrifice to the dragon
    '02 WRX Sport Wagon
    Midnight Black Pearl
    Godspeed Uppipe
    K&N filter
    Synthetic Oil
    more to come

Thumbs up The Dragon Is Awesome

All they say is true about this road. The WRX just loved it. I could have stayed and driven it all day long if only I had the time. Even the biker trash over at the Crossroads of Time liked the WRX saying what a great car it was for 129. If you can get there, do it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails deals_gap.jpg  
    "A good friend will help you move. A true friend will help you move a body."

Hit it few times in my 'Teg. Will certainly hit with the Rex. Lotsa fun roads here in W. North Carolina. If yer ever in Brevard, North Carolina, make sure ya make your way into the Cradle of Forestry, amazing road. Cambered turns, and a section of switchbacks that will make yer neck tired. I love that road.

The Dragon looks great.

Would love to visit that part of the world one day. Got a friend in Tennessee, but she drives an SUV.

i have a road for you seviervillians up in gatlinburg head down park road and keep going til you reach roaring fork nature trail it is a one lan one way road with knoone eer on it and it has a warning stating caution windy narrow road ahead cars and vans only no truks or suvs it is awesome and very scenic watch your brakes though

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by cwghodge16
    i have a road for you seviervillians up in gatlinburg head down park road and keep going til you reach roaring fork nature trail it is a one lan one way road with knoone eer on it and it has a warning stating caution windy narrow road ahead cars and vans only no truks or suvs it is awesome and very scenic watch your brakes though
    English translation? Try the key with the word "shift" on it, and the key that looks like this => .

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

Re: The Dragon Is Awesome

Originally posted by Sonic
    Even the biker trash
    WTF?!?!?! What is that supposed to mean? Obviously you've never been on such amazing roads outside of your "cage"
    '05 Subaru WRX STi

'96 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
    one of 254 made in Bright Tangerine

'03 Suzuki SV1000N

I recently rode the Dragon, and wanted to post a few comments.

The TN side, with it's new pavement, was in my opinion aweful. Horrible. My tires squealed, I went into 4 wheel drifts, I powerslid hairpin turns at 30 mph. While it may sound fun, on a mountain road with no guardrails, it sucks.

Now the NC side, on the other hand... the car stuck like absolute glue. The road is perfect, the terrain is perfect, it's absolutely perfect. You can literally rocket up the roads, with perfect traction. It felt much better shooting along with great grip on the NC side than cautiously sliding around on the TN side.

Also make sure to head a ways down the road into NC... the views for the few miles south of the border are amazing.

I stopped to pick up some ice from a shop on the NC side of the border, and dropped it on my intercooler. It felt like driving a rocket ship up and down those hills.
    2004 WRX Wagon, Silver

I drove the Dragon in my WRX with my friend who brought his Miata 3 weeks ago.

I have driven many curvy roads in my life, but the Dragon was a special treat for me. We drove it at about 10:00 p.m. and only saw one car. I definatley recommend it to anyone that lives anywhere near the Dragon. Be prepared to loose some rubber and pads though, but in the end, it's all worth it
    It takes a fast car to drive in a straight line...It takes a fast driver to surpass others on the endless curvy sections of ashpalt we call "roads".

-------------------------------

308whp / 275wtq @ 20psi on 93 octane

Axis Stage 2 2.5 USDM STI Block (Summer 2005)

Originally posted by cwghodge16
    I would like to know more about where this is as I will be going to Gatlinburg in one week.
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.