PENNDOT VideoLog: Find a Twisty Road
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on PENNDOT VideoLog: Find a Twisty Road within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; For those of us with a fast connection: It's 'motion' picture road trips. Hint: reading the help file helps but ...

Post PENNDOT VideoLog: Find a Twisty Road

For those of us with a fast connection: It's 'motion' picture road trips.
    Hint: reading the help file helps but you can go without.

http://www.dot7.state.pa.us/ividlog/video_locate.asp

Our Pennsylvania tax dollars at work. From the help PDF:

"The iVidLog application allows the general public to view “thumbnail” images of
    PENNDOT’s videolog. The full size, high-resolution videolog images are only available
    to users on the state’s wide area network, using the PENNDOT Bureau of Planning and
    Research’s intranet VideoLog application. The Geographic Information Division
    developed the application."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This made my month... I went to college in central PA, so I'm re-living all my sideroad mishaps/adventures

much thanks!
    I drive a '04RS, & don't have the inclnation to change my s/n...

Quote Originally Posted by PJwrx
    This made my month... I went to college in central PA, so I'm re-living all my sideroad mishaps/adventures

much thanks!
    You're welcome, PJ!
    More from help, just in case anyone else is curious:
    "The online iVidLog for PENNDOT’s Internet is comprised of “motion pictures” which
    are available for the majority of the 40,000-mile state highway system. Each motion
    picture portrays a roadway segment. Please take note that videolog images are updated
    on a two-year cycle. The iVidLog application has three views available permitting a
    panoramic view of the roadway. The side views are optional and can be turned on using
    the left and right image on/off check boxes. Since displaying all three views will impact
    performance, particularly on computers with dial- up connections, it is recommended you
    proceed down the road using the center view only. In rare cases, only a single center
    view may be available depending on what year the route was driven. (prior to 2001)"

I'm shocked more people haven't responded to this, this is AWESOME. So much better than google earth, for us Pennsylvanians. Thanks!!!

Stupid Pennsylvania... I swear...
    We're not allowed to have windows tint, or buy booze in grocery stores, yet motorcyclists don't have to wear helmets, and they throw a bunch of money a stupid-arse program like this!

Awesome program BTW...
    Last edited by cheeseybacon; 10-20-2005 at 07:09 PM.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseybacon
    Stupid Pennsylvania... I swear...
    We're not allowed to have windows tint, or buy booze in grocery stores, yet motorcyclists don't have to wear helmets, and they throw a bunch of money a stupid-arse program like this!

Awesome program BTW...
    It _is_ pretty cool.
    As for tint, etc. Vote Libertarian!

well I figured it out but I can't find RT 23 which should be Concohokin Road...
    Power is nothing without control

Road Trip Videownage!!

PA Rocks!!!
    The last third is usually backwash

Quote Originally Posted by Deznuts05
    well I figured it out but I can't find RT 23 which should be Concohokin Road...
    Nice to see this thread rise like Phoenix from the ashes!

Not all roads are recorded. Some are recorded but bass ackwards to my peculiar orientations. They never asked me how to do it right

Best wishes on finding that PA Twisty!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.