PA: Williamsport area mountain road
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on PA: Williamsport area mountain road within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; i used to goto penn tech in williamsport pa and there was this mountain road that twisted, and i mean ...

PA: Williamsport area mountain road

i used to goto penn tech in williamsport pa and there was this mountain road that twisted, and i mean twisted, up thru the mountain off of rt 15. if you're heading south on 15 out of williamsport eventually it will make a sharp left hand turn just before a mcdonalds and a baseball car shop. if you keep going straight instead of taking that left hand bend then it will lead past some apartments and up and over the mountain. its a sweet road, just make sure you keep your eyes out because its well known to the students and sometimes if you're not watching whats coming at you you'll end up a little closer than most are comfortable with to the ppl flying down the mountain.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

lol ive been there the best is that almost 180 turn

havent taken my sti up it yet but im goign to lol

Sulpher Springs Road

Hey fellas,

I have lived in the area all my life, the road you are talkin about is Sulpher Springs Road, and I would recommend it to everybody

I don't have a Subie yet, but I am looking right now, hopefully i have one before college kicks back in.

A couple more fun drives that I can think of are goin out 87 towards Salladasburg, Pine Creek area up above Jersey Shore, there are alot more, jus really hard to explain how to get there, but when college kicks back in we should see about gettin some people around and headed out to some roads

-O-

yea that road is about 5 min from my house and i lost one of my old cars " Neon R/T " at about a buck 20 down that spun a few times down the eilliamsport side, should have died on that road ever since i have alot more respect for it
    Fp18g, Txs RFL
    650cc PE Injectors, Walb 255 Fp3" TBE, Perrin Inlet Hose, UteC, HeliX uppipe,Stock Tmic
    STock Clutch , Stock 5 Speedn
    STI ShortBloCK 265whp 300tq @17psi Still DETUNED
    13.1 @104 Slipping Clutch

We're planning a fun drive for the fall... if you are in PA and looking for some fun roads. Here is the link to the spring event we had:

Spring Subaru Fun Run (feedback needed)
    ^..^

Beware of people who dislike cats. -Irish Proverb

yeah depending on when it is i'll go for a drive. saw that little vid you put together. not bad for a first try. gotta get the right foot down a little more thru those twisties tho.

too far away...we should do something closer to the port

just drove this road tonight with my uncle in my sti. the road is all tore to ****. every mile or so they have drainage cut with stones and dirt accross teh road. so we sped up and slowed right back down.

almost hit a deer...

well the sti is still ok but hopefully they will re-pave it soon.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi guys,

This thread began to wander way too far off topic. I split the non-relevant stuff off into a new thread in Mid-Atlantic for you titled Williamsport area for you to continue your conversation.

Williamsport area

Thanks,
    Steve

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.