LA, AR, MS, AL -any fun drives in these states?

This is a discussion on LA, AR, MS, AL -any fun drives in these states? within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Any fun drives or race tracks near Mississippi - like Louisiana, Arkanzas or Alabama?...

LA, AR, MS, AL -any fun drives in these states?

Any fun drives or race tracks near Mississippi - like Louisiana, Arkanzas or Alabama?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I live in south mississippi and there hundreds of nice backroads to drive plus theres a drag strip in gulfport and theres a track in Hattisburg. and one in mobile but its on 1/8 mile Plus in belle chase La they have auto X races there everyother sunday i think i havent been yet. and we also have a dirt track in pass christian ms. Theres all kinda places around here you just have to look. hope this was some help
    Last edited by EmsTraumajunke; 06-30-2005 at 01:42 AM.

good DRIVES

Here is a site about AR drives I have done the Hiway 7 from Russellville To Hot Springs
    Was pretty good.
    Also GA 48 AL 117 in North GA to Fort Payne AL
    http://www.miatadrives.com/miatatrips/ar.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice addition there, John. That's the kind of info we're hoping to have more of in this forum.

Thanks!
    Steve
    Last edited by smorris; 07-03-2005 at 03:04 PM.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

NICE Drives

We can also add Hiw 63 North of Ravenden into Hardy to Mamouth Spring MO
    Nice hard sweeping turns with passing lanes to get around the EVO's

You can also add Hiway 5 North of Heber Springs AR
    It was rated as one of the best by Road and Track
    Being that Memphis is Flat, we have to go to AR to have fun
    driving.
    It is also nice to see all those AR cousins that stay "so close"
    to each other!

Thanks everyone!

Thanks everyone!
    I think, I will try the track in Hettisburg.
    Each time I take a "nice backroad" someone local calls police. Police stops me and I have to answer their questions for 20-30 minutes. Last time it happend the backroad took me to the gate with a sign "Eagle Nesting". I turned around and there was a trooper truck waiting for me. I told officer that I was just driving around and taking pictures. He did not trust me. He told me that he will put on my record the fact that I was near the eagles. I guess he thought that I am an eagle smuggler or I have a sexual interest in them!

I drove 65 from Conway AR to Harrison AR, then 67 (?) to Eureka Springs (and back again). It was a very nice drive. Road is in great shape, lots of twisties, and lots of straights. Next time I drive it, I will take the WRX...

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha
    He told me that he will put on my record the fact that I was near the eagles. I guess he thought that I am an eagle smuggler or I have a sexual interest in them!
    Well it is Arkansas.

There are some good roads up near Petit Jean Mountain. Also if you go from Conway, through Toad Suck Park and then take Hwy 113 through Bigelow over to Maumelle / Hwy 10. I used to ride that on my bike all the time. Hot Springs has some good roads too.

OH runs...

Anybody know any good runs in OH?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kayakspike
    Anybody know any good runs in OH?
    Probably not going to get much of an answer in a thread about LA, AR, MS, and AL...

Since you are in Columbus, try a new thread about OH, or also check with the two local Subaru forums in Columbus, centralohiosubarus.com and ohiosubaru.com

I know there are very few fun runs in my area of Ohio, but CoS is going to have a Hocking Hills event soon.

And completely changing topics, and back to the title of this thread. I spent my first 3 years as an infant living on Back Bay near Keesler AFB outside of Biloxi.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

We live a few miles off Hwy 14 between Yellville and the Buffalo River National Park. Hwy 14 is a great road but you do have to watch out for deer and "challenged" drivers. We plan to explore the many Arkansas roads and parks etc on weekend day trips now that we have something worthy to drive. We will be bringing a camera so I will update from time to time with pics and info on what we discover. We recently got back from a week in the NC mountains and had a great time, but we agreed that Arkansas is just as nice and has lots of great rivers and roads, too ...... really the main difference is the mountains are somewhat smaller.