CA: going to cali...suggestions for fun roads?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CA: going to cali...suggestions for fun roads? within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; hi all... im taking a road trip from davenport ia to cali in a few weeks... we will be heading ...

CA: going to cali...suggestions for fun roads?

hi all... im taking a road trip from davenport ia to cali in a few weeks... we will be heading to yosemite first, then san fran, wine country and up the coast (rt 1???) to redwood nat'l forrest... should be fun... are there any roads out there that i cant miss???

i was also curious to see if i should take my car or not... im running a full helix (up/dp/cb) exhaust that is missing its kittens, along with an accessport set to stg 2 93 octane... is this a car i want to drive to cali??? there's approx 31K miles on it... i was thinking of renting a beater....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

going to cali...

hi all... im taking a road trip from davenport ia to cali in a few weeks... we will be heading to yosemite first, then san fran, wine country and up the coast (rt 1???) to redwood nat'l forrest... should be fun... are there any roads out there that i cant miss???

i was also curious to see if i should take my car or not... im running a full helix (up/dp/cb) exhaust that is missing its kittens, along with an accessport set to stg 2 93 octane... is this a car i want to drive to cali??? will i get in trouble in cali??? btw, there's approx 31K miles on it... i was thinking of renting a beater....

Quote Originally Posted by mightyatom

i was also curious to see if i should take my car or not... im running a full helix (up/dp/cb) exhaust that is missing its kittens, along with an accessport set to stg 2 93 octane... is this a car i want to drive to cali??? will i get in trouble in cali??? btw, there's approx 31K miles on it... i was thinking of renting a beater....
    youll be fine. i had a catless turbo protege here for 6 months and i live here. only 91 octane here.

youll want to check out hwy 1 all the way up the coast...once you get to big sur area fun driving if you dont get stuck behind some slow poke. pretty scenary.

i wouldnt mind seeing your car and riding in it if you come up hwy 1 past monterey.

Quote Originally Posted by mightyatom

dude.... the road to yosemite is teh best. be sure to bring a camera!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    dude.... the road to yosemite is teh best. be sure to bring a camera!!!!
    +1 billion, i've driven that road it's awesome.

!!!!!!!!!!!HOW CAN YOU EVEN CONSIDER NOT DRIVING YOUR BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Im going memorial day weekend, I will take I-5(very borning) down because we are on a time constraint and 101 up crossing over this great highway i found last time i went but i forget the number.. i will consult my map and get back to you later.

Dont forget to visit sausalito when you visit san fran.. going north on 101 town right after golden gate bridge.

I am taking my car it only has 1 cat(the other ones were clogged so i had to replace them ). I dont give a crap about CARB regulations my car is registered in oregon.

EDIT:Reflash to 91 octane stage 2 as your base and download the stage 2 cali map just in case you have pinging issues. I am bringing a few gallons of toulene with me to keep octane levels up high. Have fun!
    Last edited by GIRex; 05-18-2005 at 11:54 AM.
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

yeah... i guess you're right... my only concern was the fact that there are three (poss 4) going and we'll basically be living out of the car... this will be an 18 day trip and i dont want it to get trashed... its also tough knowing ill be putting 5-7K miles on it... thats why i bought a suby though....

anyway.. whats in sausalito??? always willing to out of the way for a fun road and a view!!!

we're actually staying bout 20miles west of the park... there are a few roads into the park, right??? i heard tioga was cool... which ones should i see/avoid????

btw... im taking the rex...

its like 5 minutes from the gg bridge its just a cool little town with little town shops, nice area. small town atmosphere that you can see san fran from
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

I Support ClubWRX
    Merged threads and edited tltle.

Have a great road trip! Sounds like a great one. I did Cleveland to Seattle several years back living out of the back of a Ranger. Great memories.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

i love drivin around in sanfran, but some parts like "Hate street" where they sell bongs.. ect... not a fun place lol

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.