Got RallyArmor? - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got RallyArmor? within the Exterior forums, part of the Vendor's Forum category; A few more pics after I washed it today......

A few more pics after I washed it today...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rally armor wrx 014.jpg   rally armor wrx 015.jpg   rally armor wrx 016.jpg  
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 2011REXRoyalBlu View Post
    Yea I am just waiting for them. The package has been sitting in MASPETH, NY, US since 11/23/10. Anything happen with the package?
    Nothing that I know of, it's in UPS's hands and with all the holiday madness I'm sure they are backed up.
    Erich Uhlman
    Performance Race Engineering - www.PREracing.com
    13339 NE Airport Way. Portland, OR 97230
    503-619-0055
    google map
    Follow Us on Twitter
    Like us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    Finally had time to get mine on last night. It's been really cold lately so I let the car sit in a heated garage for an hour before touching it to reduce the chance of breaking any clips. Decided to pull the wheels to make the job much easier. Overall it was an easy install other than being nervous about pulling the side moldings off without breaking anything which ended up going well. I was happy with how nice the brackets lined up which isn't expected when using after market parts. They definitely put some thought into the brackets however I was slightly disappointed with a few things. For one, the small gap between the front mud flap and the side molding (1st pic attached) which isn't a big deal I just don't understand the point of not making it cover that area. Second, why they used a cheap plastic insert and screw for the rear inner mount hole's instead of a nut and bolt. Black hardware would give a better look also but that can easily taken care of.
    As for looks, I really like them and feel it gives the car a nice look. Actually makes the car look even wider from the rear.
    At $170 they are very expensive for what you get and you are paying for the name but they should do a great job at protecting your car and giving it a nice look.
    The reason they use the plastic insert and stainless screw as well as the nylon washer is so if you do manage to catch one on something (back up over a curb) it will pull the nylon washer through the flap instead of pulling the fenders off your car. We have seen a customer use a nut and bolt then back over a log and it tore the sheet metal on his rear fenders. Pretty hefty damage but the flap remained intact. If he had used the hardware RallyArmor provided the flap may have come off but it would not have damaged his car.
    Erich Uhlman
    503-619-0055
    google map
    Follow Us on Twitter
    Like us on Facebook

Registered User 2011REXRoyalBlu's Avatar
    A few more pics after I washed it today...
    Looks like rear left flap is uneven

Quote Originally Posted by PRE-Erich View Post
    The reason they use the plastic insert and stainless screw as well as the nylon washer is so if you do manage to catch one on something (back up over a curb) it will pull the nylon washer through the flap instead of pulling the fenders off your car. We have seen a customer use a nut and bolt then back over a log and it tore the sheet metal on his rear fenders. Pretty hefty damage but the flap remained intact. If he had used the hardware RallyArmor provided the flap may have come off but it would not have damaged his car.
    Thanks for the info. I will leave it that way.

Looks like rear left flap is uneven
    Nah, just the angle of that driveway and the way the light reflects off of them. We checked that while sitting level in the garage.

They arrived yesterday, installed today. Thanks for all your help PRE-Racing

Check it out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010-12-01_19-23-44_788.jpg   2010-12-01_19-23-31_788.jpg   2010-12-01_19-22-57_280.jpg   2010-12-01_19-22-50_381.jpg  

They arrived yesterday, installed today. Thanks for all your help PRE-Racing
    Looks killer! Thanks for the pics
    Erich Uhlman
    503-619-0055
    google map
    Follow Us on Twitter
    Like us on Facebook

i have to say the look of the product is nice. but for the cost i want to know why they cut the back flaps so there is a BIG gap between the flap and the inner fender? the point of a mud flap is to stop stuff from going up under the car! not just keep stuff off the out side. This is a huge FAIL in my opinon! so i have $180 mud flaps that still let snow, ice and salt and eventually mud pack up under that back of my car!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dailytoy11 View Post
    i have to say the look of the product is nice. but for the cost i want to know why they cut the back flaps so there is a BIG gap between the flap and the inner fender? the point of a mud flap is to stop stuff from going up under the car! not just keep stuff off the out side. This is a huge FAIL in my opinon! so i have $180 mud flaps that still let snow, ice and salt and eventually mud pack up under that back of my car!!!!!
    That's on the front flap. I mentioned that also. Not a big deal but you would think they would make them cover that area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rally armor wrx 002.jpg  
    Last edited by Eric05mx; 12-10-2010 at 04:10 PM.

I have sent your feedback to our rep at Rally Armor. Feedback is always good even if it's not good feedback
    Erich Uhlman
    503-619-0055
    google map
    Follow Us on Twitter
    Like us on Facebook

I got a prompt response from RallyArmor regarding the issues you have brought up. They were working hard on the weekend to fill the 2011 Sedan orders. Here is the response:

Hi Erich,

The inner liner and side skirt area specifically designed to be visible and unobstructed for maximum tire clearance. This allows for improved OEM and aftermarket wheel compliance during suspension compression as well- without sacrificing any outer coverage.

Shown here:
    http://www.rallyarmor.com/store/imag...heel_clear.jpg

Thanks much,
    Team R/A
    Erich Uhlman
    503-619-0055
    google map
    Follow Us on Twitter
    Like us on Facebook

I have sent your feedback to our rep at Rally Armor. Feedback is always good even if it's not good feedback
    I got a prompt response from RallyArmor regarding the issues you have brought up. They were working hard on the weekend to fill the 2011 Sedan orders. Here is the response:
    Thanks. At least I know there is a reason behind it.

I don't know how well the mud flaps are working because I decided to put the car away for the winter the day after I installed the mud flaps...

Thanks. At least I know there is a reason behind it.

I don't know how well the mud flaps are working because I decided to put the car away for the winter the day after I installed the mud flaps...

BTW, we have the 2011 sedan flaps in stock ready to ship in every color combination!
    Erich Uhlman
    503-619-0055
    google map
    Follow Us on Twitter
    Like us on Facebook