GC8 WRX Decal
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on GC8 WRX Decal within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm getting all my hail damage fixed and my car repainted in a couple of months. I've been looking for ...

GC8 WRX Decal

I'm getting all my hail damage fixed and my car repainted in a couple of months. I've been looking for the old GC8 WRX trunk decal for awhile now and I finally found one. The decal is 13" long. It's gonna cost me about $33, but I think it's worth it. What do you guys think?
    P.S. I've got an 02 WRB sedan.
    Last edited by psychobooe; 11-06-2006 at 10:00 PM.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sweet, ive always wanted one, it is teh uber jdm!
    '04 Aspen white 5 spd

I've never been a super JDM guy, but ever since I saw that decal on the GC8 WRX in Gran Turismo, I knew that I had to have one. The decal I've always wanted and now I'll have one. I rule!
    Mods

be sure to post pics once its on.....and are you getting it from a vendor or having it made up?
    '04 Aspen white 5 spd

personally.....i hate that sticker

some of you guys just like jdm crap simply because its "jdm" its like the "in" thing now...its all about the jdm aint it

it looks cartoony, like a 10 year old scribbled it on his notebook...something you might find on a tracker...idk food for thought

jdm parts arent exactly the "in" thing, its just nice to have something not available in the states, making it less common.. for example everyone has the same rota wheels on a wrx, i prefer things less common to make my car stand out from the rest (in a good way not a ricey way). how many wrx's have you seen with this gc8 decal? if you dont prefer the looks thats fine but its a rarity & stands out from every other suby on the road. why are skylines so gloriefied? mostly due to its tuning potential but in japan its your avererage car, as the civic or v6 mustang is our average car in the states...when you drive a japanese car, its nice to have genuine japanese parts, otherwise you might as well load up your suby with some uber cool apc parts to blend in with the cool kids in their riced out imports...just my opinion, lots of people get the wrong opinion on the whole jdm thing as if people eat sleep & breath jdm, some just prefer rarity over common.
    '04 Aspen white 5 spd

As I stated previously, I'm not into the whole "JDM thing." I just happen to really like that decal that's all. I've never seen another WRX with one (other than in pictures), and I think it will look really cool. I'll be sure to post pictures when I get it on, but it won't be until my car gets repainted at the end of March. Thanks for the opinions, keep them coming.
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_Fl
    jdm parts arent exactly the "in" thing, its just nice to have something not available in the states, making it less common.. for example everyone has the same rota wheels on a wrx, i prefer things less common to make my car stand out from the rest (in a good way not a ricey way). how many wrx's have you seen with this gc8 decal? if you dont prefer the looks thats fine but its a rarity & stands out from every other suby on the road. why are skylines so gloriefied? mostly due to its tuning potential but in japan its your avererage car, as the civic or v6 mustang is our average car in the states...when you drive a japanese car, its nice to have genuine japanese parts, otherwise you might as well load up your suby with some uber cool apc parts to blend in with the cool kids in their riced out imports...just my opinion, lots of people get the wrong opinion on the whole jdm thing as if people eat sleep & breath jdm, some just prefer rarity over common.
    Im all for JDM parts, if they look /work / perform good...its just my opinion that i hate the way that badge looks, regardless of where its made.
    (JDM bugeyes are the nicest money can buy for an 02-03, also my opinion.) and tons of other stuff they make over there. all i was doing was giving my opinion towards the look of the badge, and also giving my 0.2 on that "its uber JDM!" comment

i agree, the more diverse your stuff is, the better, but only if it looks good at the same time as being unique

lol, why am i typing so much over a badge? good luck with it and post some pics to change my mind if you get it. (steps out of thread)
    Last edited by Redline927; 02-03-2005 at 03:19 PM.

i saw something like that on ebay
    Straightaways are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers...

Quote Originally Posted by EVOVIII
    You are going to try to drag race people with a V6 Mustang? Dude, get the GT please, dont embarrass yourself.

I saw that sticker at www.procarparts.com for dirt cheap.
    2002 WRX COBB Stage 2.5

2003 Infiniti FX45

Quote Originally Posted by NopWRX
    I saw that sticker at www.procarparts.com for dirt cheap.
    That's only an emlbem. It's about 5.5" long. The decal that I'm getting is 13" long and will go right in the middle of the trunk.

Redline927 - The decal is actually made by a company in Hong Kong I think. So, technically speaking, it's not really JDM.
    Mods

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    lets see pics once its on your car
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I think it would look nice on yr car, I've seen it before on a bugeye wrx. The only thing that I don't like about it is the green outline of the words WRX on it, I'd see if they can change that to something else.

Take some pics when it's on yr trunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

I'll post pics when I get it on there. There are three different colors for the outline, green, blue, or pink. The blue isn't WRB so it won't look right against the rest of the blue on the car. I thought about pink, but I think I like green the best. Here's some pics of each. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by psychobooe; 11-06-2006 at 10:00 PM.
    Mods

Blue>pink> green. I just don't like that green. Can't wait to see pics
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast