Just got my WAX~~ ummm How do you use it?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Just got my WAX~~ ummm How do you use it? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alrighty then.... I just got the Meguiars Cleaner WAX(clear coat safe) AND i got Meguiars Gold Class Clear Coat PASTE ...

Question Just got my WAX~~ ummm How do you use it?

Alrighty then....
    I just got the Meguiars Cleaner WAX(clear coat safe) AND i got Meguiars Gold Class Clear Coat PASTE Car Wax.
    They're both paste...

Could i use one and coat the first one with the second?? Would it give it more of a clean or shine?? Does it even matter??

I studied my stuff on the under hood of an STi, i never had experiance with cleaning, only soap wash and waxing it...

Would you guys give me some pro info on cleaning my car??
    hello

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

www.autopia.org

This is your bible to washing cars. It will teach you a great deal about how paint works and how to make it look it's best. Here's a few tips for the wax:

*Stay away from the rubber/plastic parts of your car. Stay away from the door jambs.

*Use the applicator that came with it

*Remove with 100% terry cloth or microfiber towels....don't ever use old crappy towels that your family collects in a closet. Those are bad for your paint

*Do not wax your car if you don't have plenty of time to do it right. I guarantee you will not be satisfied with it if you rush it, especially after seeing pics of some of the guys cars here.

Good Luck bro!

Hey thanks alot man...
    I went to the site, pretty impressive..
    They had there own items on use, its the same with other brands right? They didnt say much about differents wax's..
    I got the basics down, but im still alittle confused about the cleaner wax and the clear coat wax... I hope its not the same thing.. I thought the Cleaner Waz was the finisher.. More info please.....
    I went the the meguiar.com for info on their products, they aint got ish for me..
    hello

Originally posted by Smooth to Ice
    Hey thanks alot man...
    I went to the site, pretty impressive..
    They had there own items on use, its the same with other brands right? They didnt say much about differents wax's..
    I got the basics down, but im still alittle confused about the cleaner wax and the clear coat wax... I hope its not the same thing.. I thought the Cleaner Waz was the finisher.. More info please.....
    I went the the meguiar.com for info on their products, they aint got ish for me..
    Cleaner wax is just what it says. It is supposed to clean the paint. Run your hand along your hood (visibly clean hood not dirty). It should feel smooth. If it doesn't you need a paint cleaner. Cleaner wax does this. It helps remove those little bumps you feel with your hand. They also have just straight paint cleaners too.

The Gold Class is "The Highest Shine Meguires wax ever!"
    I use Gold Class. If you plan to do both do the cleaner then the Gold Class. My first wash/wax in the spring I use paint cleaner then Polish, then Cleaner Wax then Gold Class. I think it comes out looking good plus 2 coats of wax for the first application of the spring is a good idea. All the wax from last nice weather day is most likely gone.

Alrighty...
    Thanks alot guys. You guys helped me alot. Im waiting for a good day to clean my car now.. THANK AGAIN!
    hello

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    USE MICROFIBER. best words evAr.
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.