JDM Projectors
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on JDM Projectors within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Stupid question. I have been wanting to get the Bug eye JDM projectors for my car, but I have read ...

Red face JDM Projectors

Stupid question. I have been wanting to get the Bug eye JDM projectors for my car, but I have read that since they're JDM they would blind the oncoming traffic. So I was wondering if there is any way to position the projectors or make them so that the cut off angles off to the left?
    Thanks,
    Corey

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Its not as bad as some people think. I have the JDM HIDs and rarely get flashed. I have then aimed straight out and they angle up very slightly at the very left side of the beam.

People I know have both seen my lights from the oncoming traffic perspective and in thier rear view mirror. They all say it is not as bright and glaring as some of the USDM HIDs. The cutoff is very precise.

If I dont make any sense it cause Im high on oxycodone. Root canals such ass.
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

Ok, cool. Now I just need to save up some money. Yeah, I'm sure root canals do suck from what I hear. I had my wisdom teeth pulled... I hated it. Thanks for the info and I hope you get better!

goto ravspec.com get the GDA WRC projector housings (like $150) and buy some HID bulbs (like 60-80 for a pair?)... thats what i'm gonna do, it'll kick ass

I'll check into that. I thought HID bulbs cost more than that... Thanks for the info.

HID kits go for about $300- $400. Prolly more if you want a good quality kit.

I think the bulbs in my housings go for about $120 each. They are OEM Panasonic bulbs. They are also expected to outlast the car so I shouldn't have to replace them.

consider getting EDM lights. same look with left hand drive light pattern. not cheap tho'...
    A lot of power is good, more is better, and too much is perfect. I mean, if less is more, think how much more more is...

Originally posted by spacemanspiff
    consider getting EDM lights. same look with left hand drive light pattern. not cheap tho'...
    Yeah, I saw those too. They're only $200 more lol. I think I'll just go with the JDM's.

gfx
    I have the JDMs and have *never* gotten flashed. They are fine.

BTW you don't need HIDs.. they are only for the low beams anyways and the stock low beams are bright enough. HIDs would be for show only IMO. Not saying I don't want them, though
    2003 5MT WRB WRX Sedan
    -
    Cobb stage 2.5 w/ VF30, Stoptech BBK, JDM STI front/rear seats, Mattjk LCD setup, JDM headlights w/ McColluch 6000k HIDs, GReddy EVO, 17x8" Gold Rota Torques, Eibach Pro-kit
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/gfxwrx

My car shots taken with my Canon 300D dSLR

Ok, thats probably going to be my next mod. I just need to save up some money. I like them because they make the car look better, plus they're better headlights. A good investment IMO.

While I'm on the subject of JDM's... Do you need to buy a different harness for them to wire into? Or do they just wire up to the stock harness?

Thanks

You have to have a harness for the JDM or EDM. none of them will plug into your stock harness. Check out www.cc-b.com to buy a harness (wussy way) or make your own. If your even slightly creative you can easily figure it out. I did. took an hour to make my own harnesses and figure out how to wire them.

gfx
    I got the wiring harness from cc-b.com

It's perfect.. just install spade connectors on the pieces that will install into the JDM headlight and the rest is plug and play. I had a problem where the 9007 connector was too long, however, but I just trimmed it and all is well.
    2003 5MT WRB WRX Sedan
    -
    Cobb stage 2.5 w/ VF30, Stoptech BBK, JDM STI front/rear seats, Mattjk LCD setup, JDM headlights w/ McColluch 6000k HIDs, GReddy EVO, 17x8" Gold Rota Torques, Eibach Pro-kit

Nice. How much do the harness' run each?

gfx
    http://cc-b.com/Merchant2/merchant.m...Code=84001FEHA

$45 total.. but I didn't use those blue clips. On the loose wires I attached the spade connectors. The big blue thing is the connector I had to trim.
    2003 5MT WRB WRX Sedan
    -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.