JDM Projectors - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

This is a discussion on JDM Projectors within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; the cc-b harnesses are great they really help cut the installation time in half (i dont have JDMs but have ...

  1. #16
    Registered User Subie2.5RS2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn -- UAlbany -- Poconos
    Posts
    2,274
    the cc-b harnesses are great they really help cut the installation time in half (i dont have JDMs but have installed them)

    also do not buy HID bulbs, either by silverstars for like $30 a bulb or buy a real HID kit ... or else you'll burn up all your cars wiring and be $3000 in the hole!

    SQC - 189

    Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    hmmm I see a correlation between all those items... but wow man a hamster? I prefer gerbils my self cus you can keep a hold of their tail so they dont "get lost", ya know... hehe it tickles

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User iMP|2EZiONS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado Springs/Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    1,510
    Yeah, I already have some Silverstars. They are such an improvement over the stock bulbs. All I need is the JDM's . Thanks for all the info!

  4. #18
    Registered User Subie2.5RS2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn -- UAlbany -- Poconos
    Posts
    2,274
    Originally posted by iMP|2EZiONS
    Yeah, I already have some Silverstars. They are such an improvement over the stock bulbs. All I need is the JDM's . Thanks for all the info!
    your stock 9007s will not fit on the JDMs you'll need H1's (high or low beam)

    SQC - 189

    Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    hmmm I see a correlation between all those items... but wow man a hamster? I prefer gerbils my self cus you can keep a hold of their tail so they dont "get lost", ya know... hehe it tickles

  5. #19
    Registered User RexMobbin''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    Posts
    1,700
    i bought the JDM HIDs, and to make the beam more US friendly, i used a heat gun to open the housing, then used a dremel to shave the light "shield" the opposite way, so instead of looking like this _/--- , it looks like this ---\_. took about 2 hours start to finish, never been highbeamed either.
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

  6. #20
    Registered User Subie2.5RS2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn -- UAlbany -- Poconos
    Posts
    2,274
    Originally posted by RexMobbin'
    i bought the JDM HIDs, and to make the beam more US friendly, i used a heat gun to open the housing, then used a dremel to shave the light "shield" the opposite way, so instead of looking like this _/--- , it looks like this ---\_. took about 2 hours start to finish, never been highbeamed either.
    Very good idea, and is probably not as hard as many people think, but something about opening up $1000 headlamps causes me some discomfort if i were ever to have or do something like that

    SQC - 189

    Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    hmmm I see a correlation between all those items... but wow man a hamster? I prefer gerbils my self cus you can keep a hold of their tail so they dont "get lost", ya know... hehe it tickles

  7. #21
    Registered User iMP|2EZiONS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado Springs/Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    1,510
    Originally posted by Subie2.5RS2003
    Very good idea, and is probably not as hard as many people think, but something about opening up $1000 headlamps causes me some discomfort if i were ever to have or do something like that
    I'd probably feel the same way. I wouldn't want to risk anything... I could live with being flashed a couple times, but I couldn't live with ruining such expensive healdights.

  8. #22
    Registered User RexMobbin''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    Posts
    1,700
    well, i've opened my stockers before with a oven. it is not that hard at all, and even MUCH easier and safer feeling with a heat gun. just make sure you have some waterproof silicone to seal those fcukers back up with.

    EDIT: i REALLY didn't want to risk getting pulled over for something as stupid as faulty headlights, especially considering all the perved driving i do.
    Last edited by RexMobbin'; 07-30-2004 at 09:48 PM.
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •