Subaru WRX Forum banner

The Official Trunk Swap Thread

913K views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  kinkslinks 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Seeing as preferences regarding wingED trunks vs. wingLESS trunks are quite varied......I thought I would start a thread strictly for those looking to swap one way or the other.

Goes like this:

1)Color/year of WRX
2)Location
3)SWAPPING: {What you are swapping}
4)WANTING: {What you are wanting for your swap}

This might help those out *cough*myself *cough* who are wanting a different look than what the factory gave ya.

I'll start....

1. Silver '04 WRX
2. Florida (central)
3. SWAPPING: Stock spoiler trunk lid
4. WANTING: Spoilerless silver trunk lid

Happy posting/swapping :D

See less See more
#745 ·
Was that aimed at me or the other guy Lol. Why would I pay you for a trunk swap. It's a trunk for a trunk. And you get a big a:whoa: spoiler while I'm downgrading to look sleeperish Lol.​

#751 ·
1)Crystal Gray Metallic/2005
2)
Northern New Jersey
3)SWAPPING:
Stock trunk with wing and original badges (SUBARU, Impreza WRX)
4)WANTING: 2005 WRX trunk of the same color (Crystal Gray Metallic)
WITHOUT wing!

Crystal Gray Metallic (slightly darker than Platinum Silver)

vs

Platinum Silver

#755 ·
How close are the 04 Java Black Pearl and 06 Obsidian Black Pearl colors to each other? Sounds to me like they would be the same with a different name but I wanna be sure lol.​

#773 ·
Have 05 sti, color 48w (crystal gray metallic)

HAVE: Silver (Platinum Silver?) WRX trunk with wing badged

WANT: Silver STI trunk same color with wing badged or debadged
Have 2005 WRXsti, crystal gray metallic color code 48w. Want to trade for WRX trunk with WRX wing. Color code is on left back side of engine compartment. Location Denver, CO.

#763 ·
no, for the STi wing, I believe it requires extra holes to be drilled since its quite heavy plus ull need diferent springs for the trunk lid. the stock wrx trunk springs wont work.......ppl told me they used the wrx holes to bolt the sti wing plus they put heavy duty double sided tape.....i dont know how safe that would be but appreantly it works.