McCulloch HID Light Install
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on McCulloch HID Light Install within the Exterior and Appearance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; 2003 Subaru Impreza - 8000K 9007 McCulloch HID Install Tools: 1 HID Kit 10MM Socket Wrench Flat Head Screw Driver ...

McCulloch HID Light Install

2003 Subaru Impreza - 8000K 9007 McCulloch HID Install

Tools:
    1 HID Kit
    10MM Socket Wrench
    Flat Head Screw Driver

1) It is recommended to unplug your battery, but not always needed.

2) Remove your grille, but pulling off the tabs 4 of them keep the stock grille in place and 2 tabs keep the body colored pieces in place which go between the grille and head lamp (2 on each)

3a) Remove your airbox/intake, with 10MM screws, (WRX Models 2 screws, RS Models 1 Screw) connected to the area where the grille was.

3b) If you would like to remove your head light plase see step 9 For instructions

4) Remove stock bulbs, but twisting dust caps and then pulling out, then remove the old bulbs from their harness.

5a) Connect the stock harness with the harness connector which comes in the kit.

5b) Make sure to connect the black and white wires in to the harness which comes with the kit

6) Connect and secure all wiring using the zip ties and double sided tape provided. Please select a secure area where the wires and ballast do not come in contact with any moving or high heat parts.

7) Place HID Bulb in to Headlight and then secure with dust cap. Then connect the 2 wires from the bulb to the 2 wires which come from the ballast

8) Check Bulb if it works, make sure to start the car first before you turn on the lights.

9) Remove drivers side head light, 3 10 MM screws, 1 located on the fender on top of the head light and 2 located on the passanger side of the head light connect to the black plastic holder.

10) Repeat steps 4-8

11) Allow head lights to sit in the on poistion for 10 minutes with the engine running.

Trouble Shooting:
    - Lights do not turn on: try upgrading to 20A Fuses
    - Lights Strobe: check wiring and make sure Day time running lights are disconnected.
    - One light does not work: try it on the other side and double check wiring.

Before:

Between:

After:

SQC - 189

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    hmmm I see a correlation between all those items... but wow man a hamster? I prefer gerbils my self cus you can keep a hold of their tail so they dont "get lost", ya know... hehe it tickles

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

where did you get the hid kit at and how much

sorry to brign this thread back from the dead but im trying to isntall this kit but im having some trouble

i followed the full tutorial, but no mattter what the lights just strobe. I tried switchign around the wires in the harness but still no luck

i disconnected boht DRL connecters so i dont think thats the problem

thanks!

Banned

Smile we can supply Auto HID xenon light

hello,

anyone who want to buy Auto HID Light can contact us,we have all the type of this HID light,including(H1,H3,H4,H7,H8,H9,H11,H13,9004,900 5,9006,9007,D2C,D2R,D2S),and all the products are new with high quality and competitive price.we can promise give you our best price and service if you buy from us.
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 03-21-2007 at 09:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.