2003 Subaru Impreza - 8000K 9007 McCulloch HID Install
1 HID Kit
10MM Socket Wrench
Flat Head Screw Driver
1) It is recommended to unplug your battery, but not always needed.
2) Remove your grille, but pulling off the tabs 4 of them keep the stock grille in place and 2 tabs keep the body colored pieces in place which go between the grille and head lamp (2 on each)
3a) Remove your airbox/intake, with 10MM screws, (WRX Models 2 screws, RS Models 1 Screw) connected to the area where the grille was.
3b) If you would like to remove your head light plase see step 9 For instructions
4) Remove stock bulbs, but twisting dust caps and then pulling out, then remove the old bulbs from their harness.
5a) Connect the stock harness with the harness connector which comes in the kit.
5b) Make sure to connect the black and white wires in to the harness which comes with the kit
6) Connect and secure all wiring using the zip ties and double sided tape provided. Please select a secure area where the wires and ballast do not come in contact with any moving or high heat parts.
7) Place HID Bulb in to Headlight and then secure with dust cap. Then connect the 2 wires from the bulb to the 2 wires which come from the ballast
8) Check Bulb if it works, make sure to start the car first before you turn on the lights.
9) Remove drivers side head light, 3 10 MM screws, 1 located on the fender on top of the head light and 2 located on the passanger side of the head light connect to the black plastic holder.
10) Repeat steps 4-8
11) Allow head lights to sit in the on poistion for 10 minutes with the engine running.
- Lights do not turn on: try upgrading to 20A Fuses
- Lights Strobe: check wiring and make sure Day time running lights are disconnected.
- One light does not work: try it on the other side and double check wiring.