All new pics of my WRX! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on All new pics of my WRX! within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; *cough*volkswagon*cough* Looks good Too bad the snow here won't stick!!...

*cough*volkswagon*cough*

Looks good Too bad the snow here won't stick!!
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by BoostedBoxer
    Looks godd man- Its Screaming "lower me just a little and ill look perfect".

BTW- nice job on the LED's
    Thanks!
    Yeah, Eibach Pros when I can afford them. Then eventually coilovers when I really have some money. If that ever happens. :
    The LED project was a pain in the a$$!, but well worth it to me in the end. I love the result, and I think it looks better, and fits my scheme.

Originally posted by RLsChMiDt
    *cough*volkswagon*cough*

Looks good Too bad the snow here won't stick!!
    You saying I'm violating copyright laws by having blue interior? You know, there are guys on this board who might lecture me about that!

Snow w/summer tires again... Might be getting a Tommi Makinen jacket... I think that should be fitting... Cause I feel like a rally driver who's lost his mind!
    DRIVE SAFELY ON SNOW AND ICE!

Lemme guess - your favorite color is blue.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Originally posted by AjIsDope
    Lemme guess - your favorite color is blue.
    Due to influence from Subaru!
    I still wanna find somebody who will let me paint their interior STi Pink!

Couple of questions

Where did you get your dashlights from and where they very hard to install?

2nd how did you do those LED behind the stock stereo? Why don't you do a write up and take some pics with your lovely digital camera

Originally posted by Zapix

I still wanna find somebody who will let me paint their interior STi Pink!

you painted dash ricer jk
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

ya i would like to know about the leds in the stereo too. please post

The dash lights are reverse indiglo gauges from ebay. Got them as a birthday gift, so I have no idea who the seller was... However, they're pretty much all the same ones on ebay. Just be sure you get the ones that say 'WRX' on them, for that extra 'BLING!'
    As for installing the reverse indiglo gauges... No, not really all that hard at all. Time taking though... YES! Expect it to be a 2 hour project all together. I think the result is great though. Gauges look great during the day with the white face, and blue numbers/letters. Night time, all you see is what you see in the picture!

As for the LEDs, I used Captain Morgan's tutorial on scoobymods.com... However, it was a bit difficult to understand what he meant at times. I had only seen pictures of it, as it seems not many people (at least here in New England) have done this. Actually... I'm the only person I know who's done this, although I know somebody who's installed red bulb condoms.

Here's the original thread I had started after that project.

Zapix's WRX : Stereo and HVAC Blue LED bulbs!

Forgot to add some pictures of the bezel painted...
    So! Here they are!
    You can also see the reverse indiglo gauges as they look during the day
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000_0002(qp).jpg  

more!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000_0004(qp).jpg  

last one!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000_0005(qp).jpg  

Originally posted by Zapix
    LOOK! A stock engine!
    So, am I imagining the aftermarket BOV?

-Jim

What aftermarket BOV?

Attention all SOA reps, what you see is not real! You are dreaming! Please return to your regularly scheduled dreaming, and ignore that picture!

Jim, good work! I was wondering who would end up noticing that. Saying 'stock engine', I can't imagine how many people just skiped over it!
    GFB hybrid, set to 50/50. Not exactly the loud bov sound I want to make old ladies freeze up, and kids walking down the street hit the ground... But eh... It's good enough

Dan, I love your scoobie, but....
    WHY do you still have the P1's on there? it's WINTER TIME, BRO!!!
    STOCKERS@@
    @@
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

Lude, I sold the stock tires when I first got the car. $400 cash at that. Only have the P1s now. So far, my summer tires are as good as they were last year. Car is still predictable, and drives OK. Just gotta be slower than normal (with or without winter tires, I should be driving slower anyway when there is snow and ice on the road) which is fine. I expect I'll pass through this winter on my summers, and get winters for next year. Unless I decide I really am Tommi Makinen!

On a side note, there's been plenty of questions about how hard are the indiglo gauges and the stereo LED bulbs to do.

If we're talking on a scale of 1 - 5.. 1 is pure newbie. 5 is pure expert. I would say this...

Reverse Indiglo Gauges - 2
    If you've ever built a computer, installed a home network, or say, taken apart spome electronic to fix it... This will be EXTREMELY easy. It requires patience for the most part. 1 wire to splice, and 1 ground wire you need to find a spot for. Will only cost you about $30 after shipping for the gauges from ebay.

LED Stereo/HVAC - 4
    If you have never built a computer, or done some real electronics work... If you don't have a very sharp eye, and pin point hand-eye coordination... STAY AWAY FROM THIS PROJECT! I found it somewhat easy, but time taking... VERY time taking. Basically, you're playing with a solder gun in small spaces on your stereo circuit board... A mistake here means byebye stereo!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.