Window Tint Laws (please add to this) - Page 9
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

This is a discussion on Window Tint Laws (please add to this) within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Oklahoma: i dontk no the laws but i was told 20% all the way around but u can only have ...

Oklahoma:

i dontk no the laws but i was told 20% all the way around but u can only have a strip across the top

i have 20% according ot the place that installed it(but its darker than all my friends 20%?) on my front and rear doors, back window, and strip across my windshield.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Colorado:
    My old car had 20% in back and 15% in front, no problems.
    My 02 Rex is about to have 15% all around.

Rhode Island NONE whatsoever

North Dakota

5% on the rear and 50% on the front two is all that we can do, the state patrols are a**holes about it and give tickets all the time, i've gotten 3 of them from my previous cars and it sucks. I'll be tinting the windows in the suby soon but they are gunna be a little illegal

if you are legal in the state you're registered in, do you have to worry about getting pulled over in other states when you're just passing through?

i got 5 all around some cop saw me so he turned around i made my clostest next turn and got away from him.
    04 Java Black Pearl Wingless WRX:
    5% Tint all around, 10" windsheild strip, 2 pod gauge frame, Turbo and Volt Gauges, Tien S-tech Springs, Progress adj. Rear Sway Bar, Front and Rear Tower Braces, Sound System/DVD, Tsudo Cat-back exhaust, Black housing headlights, Invidia uppipe, Bosal Downpipe, Train Horn, Elbow Silencer Delete, DIY I/C Water Sprayer, 4300K H.I.D.'s

Whoever said michigan police doesnt enforce this law must have been very lucky so far...

ive had mine for less than a year and recieved 2 tickets for it already. and they both pulled me over FOR tinted windows and both were going the opposite way and turned around and hauled ass to get to me. one followed me in my neighborhood and pulled me over 3 houses over from mine

it really depends on the cop, ive had a younger MSP trooper pull me over for speeding and didnt say anything about the tint and ive had a oakland county cop have me roll my window down at a stoplight and told me to get rid of it or "THEY" are going to get me.

Tint

who ever said that the problem would be selling it was crazy! why on earth would it be a hassle to sell? its not lik eits against the law to sell a car with illegal tint, just sell the car damn it. in michigan most cops dont worry to much unless your doing something else stupid, or your driving a hot little car. in my eclipse cops would follow me for blocks waiting for me to make a mistake. i had one follow me for ten min from east side of lansing to my house, way out of lansing police juristicion. i hate cops, all of them. it also depends on what kind of cop it is. most state cops wont car about tint, most locals do, if they see you more than once with it. cops find reasons to discriminatte against sports cars, its not fair because most bad drivers are not driving sports cars. if you drive a wrx, most likely your a good driver. if not you probly also own a honda... ... i dont know why you would though...

Banned
    When you say 25% does that mean 25% dark or 25% visible?

Quote Originally Posted by Blup View Post
    When you say 25% does that mean 25% dark or 25% visible?
    25% of light gets through.
    so 75% of light is blocked

Banned
    hugs

Quote Originally Posted by Blup View Post
    hugs
    blup, this one's for you!

so tell me,,,, lets say you have 5% all around, and you usually ride with windows down when you see a officer. What are you going to do when it rains and he (or she) sees you then? question is.... do ya feel lucky punk?... do ya?
    The Hawk-eye Alliance #2007The wingless alliance #16HID headlight conversion kit, Freedom design front tower strut bar, progress front& rear sway bar(22mm).
    04 forester hood scoop STI Pink H-brace. K&N air filter HKS Hi-power catback. Agency power shortshifter HKS turbo timer

oh yeah i dont have any tint on mine... had 20% all around in va on my jeep never once had an issue with it
    The Hawk-eye Alliance #2007The wingless alliance #16HID headlight conversion kit, Freedom design front tower strut bar, progress front& rear sway bar(22mm).
    04 forester hood scoop STI Pink H-brace. K&N air filter HKS Hi-power catback. Agency power shortshifter HKS turbo timer