Window Tint Laws (please add to this) - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

This is a discussion on Window Tint Laws (please add to this) within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i want a lite tint in the front and passenger windows. anyone got a suggestion of "percent" tint or something. ...

i want a lite tint in the front and passenger windows. anyone got a suggestion of "percent" tint or something. i just want just a bit of dark. if you know what im trying to say. thanks
    [SLEEPER]
    [noun] A high performance street car with an inconspicuous, stock outward appearance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

35% is a safe bet. Just a little tint and legal damn near everywhere I beleive. Check into your tint shops though. Some sell supplemental insurance for cheap in case you have to take it off due to a repair ticket.
    " People sleep peacibly in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

Here In New Mexico:

Some of the most lenient laws in the nation in terms of overall tint:
    Front windows: 20%
    Rear Windows: 20%

In Albuquerque, note that the law says
    Front windows: 35%
    Rear Windows: 20%

I had my old car, a Mazda Protege5, tinted 28% front windows and 18% rear. This was fine, never had any trouble with the cops. The 28% qualifies as a 35% on the light meters, so it is legal. It was applied by a shop that only tints legally (Tint Masters, I would highly reccomend them because they use high quality tint and are very good at what they do).

I got the WRX tinted the same, and this time I darkened my front windshiled visor to 5% (I think I had 15% on the old car). No problems so far and the car looks great!
    2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, #87 STX

Quote Originally Posted by gooseneck076
    Felix's long list was accurate. MD is 35%.
    I got the list from an issue of Super Street (I think) which was taken off of the DMV's website for each state. So unless they've changed the laws recently, they should be right.

anybody know the tint law in washington?

AZ is 35% in the front, 20% in the back. I have 20% all around and cops don't care since it's so damn hot in az and I see tons of people with illegal tint..
    Last edited by labelskate; 11-13-2005 at 10:06 AM.

Anybody Know Illinois Tint Code?? Im Only 18 So My Dad Monitors My Mods.. He's Been Giving Me A Lot Of **** Aobut Getting Tints Because Of The Illegal Issue. Otherwise He Told Me He Agrees That It Would Look Nice...
    holla atchya boy!

i have 5% all around in CA and law is anything in back none in front, who cares what the law is

Damn where do you live in CA? In San Jose everyone I know gets tickets for 20 in front. 5% is insanely dark. I have 35 in front and 20 in back.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

haha i never said i havnt gotten tickets, well i havent in my rex yet, but in my honda had the same setup got like 7 tickets for it, but did the tint job myself

To add to CA. No mirror tint anymore, and no color tint either. The thing for the cops was the blue or red tint with the headlights shining through your rear window, the car in front of you may think you are a cop. If you have a visor (windshield strip) on your front windshield it has to be no more than 6 inches, and has to be perforated, or tinted, not solid. and yes, the rear windows can be painted black if you wanted to, but the rear view mirror has to stay on the car. and the cops will check. I was just pulled over for modified exhaust. That was my only violation. Not the stereo system or even speeding, but exhaust. He was bored I guess.

im not sure if someone has said anything about austraila yet as i havent read the hole thread thru but if not then

dont quote me on this but i think in australia its 10% and i KNOW ou can have it all around excluding the front windshield which can have a strip 6" any %

but i will go and find out for sure and edit post if needed

In PA I got a 00 passat with 5% all around and im a ff, and my cop friends always f-k with me and pull me over but they even said that they dont care really unless they pull you over for something big and they cant see you in the front seat so if you get pulled over roll them down and you should be fine....

Too much stuff in my car....

Quote Originally Posted by evoasis

That link appears to be broken, here is the updated one:

http://www.iwfa.com/PreProduction_co...statelaws.html

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.