Window Tint Laws (please add to this) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Window Tint Laws (please add to this) within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Sweet info, I always thought MA was 50% front windows, 35% for others, glad to see I was wrong and ...

Sweet info, I always thought MA was 50% front windows, 35% for others, glad to see I was wrong and my car IS legal
    '12 WRB Sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Colorado

27% front windows

I believe the rest are unrestricted.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Re: Amendment to California Law

Originally posted by jmussetter
    City Police are *usually* too busy to do anything about enforcement, but I've gotten about 5 or 6 tickets from CHP for window tinting, so they look for it.
    True...I got pulled over by the CHiPs for tint, he really just wanted to check out the car. He was like "How do like this car?" "My wife wants one of these." "She watches rally on Speedvision" "Do you think she needs the rear diff cover?".
    "By signing here you are not admitting guilt"
    He should have let me off with a warning.

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)

queston

lower the % the lighter it is...

so 100% would be limo...correct?

Thqanks tom
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

TEXAS

35% front, and unrestricted for the rears.

Since this seems like a handy reference, I'll go ahead and make it a sticky
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Re: queston

Originally posted by Jack
    lower the % the lighter it is...

so 100% would be limo...correct?

Thqanks tom
    Actually,

You got it backwards. The % (I think) is the amount of light that the tint lets through. Hence, the lower the number, the darker the tint. Not sure what limo tint is, but I don't think it's 0%, cause that would mean no light would get in at all I think ??

West Virginia:

35% all around
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

bambams247
    You are correct about the ammount of light and the percentages. 0% would be limo tint, it doesnt let any light into the car. Thats why most limos have the interior lights on allt he time. Alot of limos use 5-15% and almost all companies advertise those percentages as limo tint. My friend had 0% all around, he got so many tickets he took it all off. Crazy guy. But I live in IL and does anyone know the real laws here. I am planing on doing window tint. I want to do 35% in front doors and 15% in back. If osmeone knows give me a holla! peace.

I'm beginning to think that the above site isn't correct. Like I said, I live in Michigan. A friend of mine just got pulled over specifically for tint. I'm guessing she as 20% all around except for the windshield. She has a court date for it. So I don't think the above site is right. I'm going to call a few different police stations tonight to find out.

I really don't want to get my windows tinted only to start getting pulled over.

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)

cops =(

The cops in my town wait at the bottom of my highschool and pull over everyone with dark tints...not cool =(
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

bambams247
    I check in IL you can have anything on the back, 50% in the front, and a 6 inch sun one any %. I am going to go 5% in the back, 20% in the front, and a 20% sun screen. The owner of the tint place has that and he never got pulled over for it. So its kool. IL isnt very strict about these laws.

Originally posted by bambams247
    I check in IL you can have anything on the back, 50% in the front, and a 6 inch sun one any %. I am going to go 5% in the back, 20% in the front, and a 20% sun screen. The owner of the tint place has that and he never got pulled over for it. So its kool. IL isnt very strict about these laws.
    Edit: when in doubt, check the Vehicle Code.

(625 ILCS 5/12-503)
    (a) No person shall drive a motor vehicle with any sign, poster,
    window application, reflective material, nonreflective material or
    tinted film upon the front windshield, sidewings or side windows
    immediately adjacent to each side of the driver. A nonreflective tinted
    film may be used along the uppermost portion of the windshield if such
    material does not extend more than 6 inches down from the top of the
    windshield.

No tints in front of the B Pillar. My Co-worker got pulled over for it in Morton Grove. That was the only reason he got pulled over, BTW. Gotta watch it in Morton Grove and Skokie.
    Last edited by dielectric; 06-03-2003 at 07:10 AM.
    ribonucleic acid freakout

Wagons can have more tint

I was told that wagons can have dark tint on all of the rear windows but not the fronts, because they are wagons. For the same reason that SUV's and Minivans come from the factory with dark tint.

Re: Window Tint Laws (please add to this)

Originally posted by tan
    Pennsylvania: 30% all windows (though you can get away with 20%)

from the very first post: I was wondering where you got this info? Everything else I've heard is 70% (i.e. almost no tint at all ) so I was wondering if you got it backwards? I'm a resident of PA, but I mostly live in MD, so I'm thinking I can get away with 35%. Well, I'll try at least

Yeah I'm from PA also and I checked with the cops before I was gonna tint my last car and they said "trucks and suv's can have any windows tinted with as dark as they want to go, but cars can only have everything behind the drivers windows and they can only be 70% and 3inch strip on windshield" so thats 70% on rear sides and back window and as dark as you want on top 3 inches of front windshield.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.