Window Tint Laws (please add to this) - Page 17
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

This is a discussion on Window Tint Laws (please add to this) within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What part of Kentucky? I used to live there and I still go there a few times a year...

What part of Kentucky? I used to live there and I still go there a few times a year

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I tint windows for a living and I have all my windows tinted. I have ceramic 35% all around and 80% on the windshield. During the summer I turn down the AC because it gets too cold. I'm going to retint everything with Suntek CXP. I have had police and sheriffs that came and tinted their car 20% all around and 80% on the windshield. When I ask them about the tint laws they don't mind it as long as they can see who is driving inside. So if you get 5% or 20% on the front windows they will probably want to stop you. Or if they stop you for some bs reason they will want to issue you a ticket for something and that would most likely be a tint ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Drox View Post
    I tint windows for a living and I have all my windows tinted. I have ceramic 35% all around and 80% on the windshield. During the summer I turn down the AC because it gets too cold. I'm going to retint everything with Suntek CXP. I have had police and sheriffs that came and tinted their car 20% all around and 80% on the windshield. When I ask them about the tint laws they don't mind it as long as they can see who is driving inside. So if you get 5% or 20% on the front windows they will probably want to stop you. Or if they stop you for some bs reason they will want to issue you a ticket for something and that would most likely be a tint ticket.
    I want to add a bit to this. It's going to be up to the cops discretion as well. Legally in Connecticut it's 35 in the front and either 20 in the rear or as dark as you want. Some cops don't care how dark it is ass long as they can read your license through the window if you hold it up
    Stinkeye member 520

Just a heads up in NY, yes you can have the back window as dark as you want buttt.... Having a sticker on the back window is a violation. Depending the officers mood tint is technically a big sticker and can write you for it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.