Window Tint Laws (please add to this) - Page 14
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

This is a discussion on Window Tint Laws (please add to this) within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; North Carolina Passenger cars - No darker than 35% all around Suv or truck _ front driver and passenger windows ...

North Carolina

Passenger cars - No darker than 35% all around

Suv or truck _ front driver and passenger windows 35%, back windows mhave no limit

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

To Add Georgia =

Minimum is 32% all the way around.........

Just got a ticket for having 17% no warning or anything just gave me stupid ticket.....

Rhode Island-Illegal...
    Connecticut- front 2 (passanger/driver) 35% The rest no darker than 15% ( most factory SUV rears)

i know in florida the two front windows can only be 35%, but i have a question i recently tinted my windows on my 2011 wrx. i got 20% all around because i find it to be a good percentage but iv noticed almost microscopic bubbles randomly in the tint that can hardly be seen, should i leave it as it is and know they are there or should i just take off my tints and look clean (jdm...whatever) in the bright miami sun?

Hi,
    I am new to the forum but I have 20+ years tinting windows. If anyone needs help or advice let me know.

As for the question above: If your tint has dried out (at least 1 week), and you still have those spots chances are windows were cleaned improperly, and you have trash under the tint.

The proper cleaning method for side windows is razor only. NO cloth or towels or news paper. For rear with defrost scrub with soapy water and light duty scotch-brite pad then squeege the window.

Its your choice wether to have tint or not but tint of any shade will block 99% of UV which is what causes interiors to fade and dry out.

Hope this helps!!

Louisiana tint laws:

"Legal limits of the sun screening device (window tint) on a passenger car are light transmissions of 40% for the front side windows, 25% for the rear side windows and 12% for the rear windshield."

New law in pa
    No tint on any car not even rear glass
    Suv's can have tint on all but front and windshield though (% I'm not sure)

Quote Originally Posted by RyderJ View Post
    New law in pa
    No tint on any car not even rear glass
    Suv's can have tint on all but front and windshield though (% I'm not sure)
    Where and when did you see this? Everything I can find on the DOT site says 70% light transmitting still. Last updated Vehicle sunscreening fact sheet I found was updated in 07/2010. I would like to see this cause I am about to tint my windows.

http://www.dot3.state.pa.us/pdotform...ets/fs-sun.pdf
    If you look at the bottom of the page just above the box with pa dot signature it says july 2010.
    Last edited by irvin787878; 07-03-2011 at 07:37 AM.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

In PA 30% being legal is incorrect. Technically any window tint that is not factory is illegal. Just throwing that out there. My father was a police officer for 30 years and I had him research this for me a few years back. While you will 99% of the time never get pulled over for 35%. 20% you can most likely get away with, but it is possible to get pulled over for it. Had it happen to numerous friends.

Either way, I'm still doing 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    In PA 30% being legal is incorrect. Technically any window tint that is not factory is illegal. Just throwing that out there. My father was a police officer for 30 years and I had him research this for me a few years back. While you will 99% of the time never get pulled over for 35%. 20% you can most likely get away with, but it is possible to get pulled over for it. Had it happen to numerous friends.

Either way, I'm still doing 20%.
    i think i am still doing 30% or 20% havent decided yet. leaning more towards 20% but i dont know.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR

I'm from jersey and behind the b post any tints can be applied, infront of the b post nothing can be applied. my friend wired his window regulators to turn off with a kill switch inside his door pocket. so if he gets pulled over he can have his windows down and make them not able to go up. if the cops ask why they dont work he just tells the officer that hes a photographer and had his equipment in the car and someone tried pushing the windows down and broke the motor so he parks in the garage until his windows get fixed (this method doesnt really apply in the winter)
    "when the turbo spools, it's like you're in a time machine"

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^^
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878 View Post
    i think i am still doing 30% or 20% havent decided yet. leaning more towards 20% but i dont know.
    You can most likely get away with 20%, but since I'm going to be travelling some in the future with this car, I decided to go with the 35% instead of the 20%. Cars getting picked up tomorrow from the windows getting done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    You can most likely get away with 20%, but since I'm going to be travelling some in the future with this car, I decided to go with the 35% instead of the 20%. Cars getting picked up tomorrow from the windows getting done.
    Post up some pics if you can. I would like to see what 35% looks like. thanks
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878 View Post
    Post up some pics if you can. I would like to see what 35% looks like. thanks
    When I wake up tomorrow, I'll snap some pics with my phone before I go to work and post them up...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.