Window Tint Laws (please add to this) - Page 13
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

This is a discussion on Window Tint Laws (please add to this) within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Scout01 I have had 4 different vehicles with 5% all around and not once ever been harrassed. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Scout01 View Post
    I have had 4 different vehicles with 5% all around and not once ever been harrassed. I guess i have been lucky..
    wow, what state are you in?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ive had 5% on all of my cars, my car now is black with 5% all round and a 40% on the windshield no problems from the police

nj u can have any tint on the back windows. they can even be painted. i just got a ticket for it and went to court and won.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

Copied from: Auto Tint Laws
    Pasted in case the website ceases to exist.

Canadian Automotive Tint Laws
    The laws regarding window film vary from province to province. The following are a summation of the laws in each province:

British Columbia - No film is permitted on the driverís compartment, right and left. Any film may be installed on the side windows behind the driver. Any film may be applied to the rear window, provided the vehicle has 2 exterior rear view mirrors.

Alberta - Same as British Columbia.

Saskatchewan - Same as British Columbia.

Manitoba - For driverís compartment, right and left, the minimum visible light transmittance, net, is 50%. The maximum visible light transmittance, net, is 35%. For windows behind the driverís compartment, the minimum Visible Light Transmittance, net, is 35%. Where film is installed behind the driverís compartment, 2 external rear view mirrors are required. The net figures that are allowed are enforced at plus or minus 5%.

Ontario - For the driverís compartment, right and left, no film can be installed that would substantially obscure visibility from the exterior. Behind the driverís compartment, any film can be installed.

Quebec - For the driverís compartment, right and left, the minimum Visible Light Transmittance is 70% on automotive net basis. Any film may be installed behind the driverís compartment, provided the vehicle is outfitted with 2 exterior rear view mirrors.

New Brunswick - Same as Ontario.

Prince Edward Island - Same as British Columbia.

Nova Scotia - No film is permitted on any glazing surface.

Newfoundland - Same as Ontario.

NOTE: Laws vary from province to province and may change at any time. Courage Distributing recommends you call your local police for the most current regulations in your province. Best efforts are made to ensure the accuracy of this website and the information contained within it. However, Courage Distributing Inc. and Courage Distributing West Inc. and/or its agents does not warranty (implied or expressed) that any of the material, content, information or data contained in this website is complete, accurate or current.
    Another link: IWFA
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Quote Originally Posted by 08 Beast View Post
    I understand what you are saying. By definition harassment is unwanted attention so technically that is the right use of the word but the courts' definition is no where near that. It isn't like they are pulling you over every time they see you. If you aren't doing anything wrong or don't plan on it then it really shouldn't bother you too much.

Those cops could be hangin out at the station kicked back eatin doughnuts really wasting time, when someone carjacks you, then you sure would wish they had been following you around. For LE it is damned if you do, damned if you don't with the public except for those very rare occasions.
    First off, im not going for shouldn't. they shouldn't bother me much? well if iran makes nuclear missiles they shouldn't bomb us much. and i don't want cops following me. thats it. they aren't following me looking for ppl who want to seal my car, they're following me to wait for me to make any little mistake so they can pull me over. i know this, a cop that did that told me thats what he was doing himself. Less than 1% of cars in america are stolen. so is it worth it to have a cop behind me waiting for me to slip up somehow? no. Besides most car thieves don't steal cars like this because you can't resell them near as easily...
    Last edited by The_Buck; 09-18-2009 at 11:39 AM.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Massachusetts is 35% front and then u can have the back as dark as 5%.....My Mr2 has 5% all around and i get stoped somtimes...granted only wen they hear my blow off
    My wrx has 5% also but i have to get rid of it cause they stoped me one to many

Quote Originally Posted by 550hp View Post
    Massachusetts is 35% front and then u can have the back as dark as 5%.

My wrx has 5% also but i have to get rid of it cause they stoped me one to many
    so what your saying is basically you can't get away with 5%?
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

cali

Im in california i got 5% on the rear an two back windows it doesnt matter you can have those as dark as you want. but i got 4% on the two frontside windows i have to roll them when i see cops . i have no tint on Windshield but alot of people do.

XTC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullit View Post
    Im in california i got 5% on the rear an two back windows it doesnt matter you can have those as dark as you want. but i got 4% on the two frontside windows i have to roll them when i see cops . i have no tint on Windshield but alot of people do.
    yea i have 20% on the front windows, and 4% on the back. I got a ticket for my front windows, back when I had a 35% on it...I had to remove them. The cop pulled me over for speeding tho, most likely the cop wont pull you over just for tints.

but after awhile I put em back on, and darker, I just roll my windows down now, during the summer the tints really do help keep the heat out.
    ***Stink-Eye Mob #47***

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by dipalda View Post
    California

The main requirements for legal window tinting in California are:

1. The windshield and front driver's side and passenger's side windows cannot receive any aftermarket tinting.
    2. If the rear window of a vehicle is tinted, the vehicle must have outside rearview mirrors on both sides.

That hardly makes sense, but it looks like you can do whatever you want with all the rear passenger, and back window.
    actually, there was a law that passed in 1999 in california:

Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 4 inches of the windshield.
    Front Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
    Back Side Windows Any darkness can be used.
    Rear Window Any darkness can be used as long as you have side mirrors.

but it doesnt help much cause 70% is pretty much clear.
    10650 Beach Blvd.
    Stanton, CA 90680
    714-828-8800 ask for JIN

Thumbs up

let me add.

CVC 26708
    (d) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), clear, colorless, and transparent
    material may be installed, affixed, or applied to the front side windows,
    located to the immediate left and right of the front seat if the following
    conditions are met:

(1) The material has a minimum visible light transmittance of 88 percent.

(2) The window glazing with the material applied meets all requirements
    of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 205 (49 C.F.R. 571.205),
    including the specified minimum light transmittance of 70 percent and
    the abrasion resistance of AS-14 glazing, as specified in that federal
    standard.

(3) The material is designed and manufactured to enhance the ability
    of the existing window glass to block the sun's harmful ultraviolet A rays.

(4) The driver has in his or her possession, or within the vehicle,
    a certificate signed by the installing company certifying that the
    windows with the material installed meet the requirements of this
    subdivision and identifies the installing company and the material's
    manufacturer by full name and street address, or, if the material was
    installed by the vehicle owner, a certificate signed by the material's
    manufacturer certifying that the windows with the material installed
    according to manufacturer's instructions meets the requirements of this
    subdivision and identifies the material's manufacturer by full name
    and street address.

(5) If the material described in this subdivision tears or bubbles,
    or is otherwise worn to prohibit clear vision, it shall be removed
    or replaced.

Amended Sec. 77, Ch. 1154, Stats. 1996. Effective September 30, 1996.
    Amended Sec. 1, Ch. 476, Stats. 1998. Effective January 1, 1999.
    10650 Beach Blvd.
    Stanton, CA 90680
    714-828-8800 ask for JIN

TN has a 35% window tint law all around. I have 5% in the back 3 windows, and 15% in the front. Some cops can and will pull you over just for tint. Believe me I am one of those people with a $137.75 ticket for that and my front windows were all the way down.

here is what i found on the pa dot website. i cant wait to get mine done. deleted by accident now i cant post the actual page it says its to big. so heres a link.

http://www.dot3.state.pa.us/pdotform...ets/fs-sun.pdf
    Last edited by irvin787878; 02-08-2011 at 06:45 AM.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

not sure whats legal in south carolina but i had 5% all around except front windshield. never got a ticket. but then again i get away with going 10 miles over the speed limit here as well. lazy cops? or maybe they have better things to do.

im in connecticut i know the back windows can be preety much as dark as you want as mine are preety dam dark not shure what percent but you cant see threw them at night (from inside) at least its hard. and you can not see threw them at all during the day so im guessing 5% or limo my front windows arnt darkend but i do know they will pull people over for it in my town alot of freinds get tickets for to dark front tints. but everytime i get a speeding ticket (they pull me over for 5-10 over they like harraseing the nice cars with the turbos. but yeah they just say roll down the back windows so i can see whats in your car witch is no big deal and understandable

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.