Window Tint Laws (please add to this) - Page 12
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

This is a discussion on Window Tint Laws (please add to this) within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Banks53 NOT TRUE!!! Michigan police are the biggest ****s about window tint ever. Not so much County ...

Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Banks53 View Post
    NOT TRUE!!! Michigan police are the biggest ****s about window tint ever. Not so much County cops or Local cops. But State PIGS hate it.

I have always had sensitivity to light so I had 25% put in my truck and got a ticket. Pay 95 bucks or had to remove it. Then I actually read the LAW.

After reading the actual law, I went and got a doctors prescription and everything even had an optometrist give me scripts for window tint as well.

I have 35% in my car, got pulled over presented the info and scripts signed by the doctors and a district judge. The cop had the nerve to write me a ticket. I flat out told him set a date and ill see you there.

When I got called up I went to the judge with out even greeting the cop and layed the information I had in front of him, He stamped and signed the release and I was on my way.

I got out of it, but i had to miss half a day of work to do so....And I have all the "proper" legal documents for tint....MICHIGAN SUCKS
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Indeed. Mi only allows the back 3 and the 6in front bar. I have had 20 on my front and got popped. Oakland County sherrif.
    MISUBIE.com - the michigan subaru fourm.

Stg 2 sti 2004. COBB DP/ Bosal CLE.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Interesting

I have had 4 different vehicles with 5% all around and not once ever been harrassed. I guess i have been lucky..

Tint laws

In the U.S., tint laws vary widely by state. To find your state laws, download the IWFA State Law List
    10650 Beach Blvd.
    Stanton, CA 90680
    714-828-8800 ask for JIN

so let me ask this... What can you guys get away with regardless of the laws? I am looking at getting tint somewhere along the line and i live in MN where the limit is 50.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

In Mississippi on the tint tester it has to come out to 28%. So basically you have to get 35% so it comes out right, depending on the cloud cover vs. sun shining.

A buddy of mine has 5% and doesn't ever get pulled over or harrassed nothing. But he also has an LX 96 Civic so they don't look at him for speeding and bs like they would my STi lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker48 View Post
    In Illinois you can have a 30 to 40% tint the back side passenger and rear windows.
    The tint laws are a result of a knee jerk reaction to law enforcements fear of the unknown.
    We have to sit and bake in the sun so law enforcement will feel safe. The laws need to be adjusted to suit the public not the publics servants.
    Public servants???
    OK, that is an intelligent way to address a cop. They put there butt on the line so you can drive that car and not worry about some gang banger poppin you to take your car. Apparently some people were never taught to think before you speak.

they serve the public, therefore they are public servants... although it sounds harsh that would be an acceptable term. (not to take sides)
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

it isnt the word that matters but the context in which it is used...

now imagine you are a cop and the douche you just pulled over because his break light is out has blacked out windows and a felony warrant. Oh it is his 3rd strike and he doesnt want to go to prison for life, he can see you but, you cant see him or his .45. Oh, your dead now.
    Last edited by 08 Beast; 12-01-2008 at 06:27 PM.

Alright bud dont tint your windows... this forum is about preference and if yours is no tint then ok thats cool.

Im sure you have some sort of a connection to an officer and so do i and yes am sure i speak for many clubwrx members when i say i am thankful for their line of duty and the risks they take. but if they choose to stop someone and harass them for tint i cant agree with that being the most efficient use of their time.

I am not against tinting windows, but there is a reason for laws such as that.

Ill put it this way, every arrest I have affected because of something that most people say is a waste of time for law enforcement, tail light, head light out or window tint. All were felony warrants, one possessed a weapon. We pull over "harassed" someone just because of tint that was too dark we got a wanted person that was bound to commit ANOTHER crime, out of the community.

The way i look at it, for people who think stuff like this is a waste of time for police, is if you think you know a cops' job so well, go do it....

Y'all both have good points. There is a point to not being able to have really really dark tint. It's not like the laws make it TOO light anyway. It's still a good darkness to it.

alright Beast i can agree with that. i dont have any additional tint on my car, nor am i a felon, or a cop for that matter. But yeah good work, keep it up.

when i use the word harass its because i live in a small town in MN where cops do harass you for tint, the same cops follow me all the time, they know me and i know them and i've never done anything wrong, i consider that harassment (although i expect it with my car and me looking like a trouble maker). However, if the tint is over the top or limo dark yeah pull em over i'd agree with that for sure.

the legal limit in MN is 50&#37;, not too dark. So AyOh, in MN the tint laws are weak lol. But like i said i have no additional tint so whatever its all good
    Last edited by The_Buck; 12-03-2008 at 09:03 AM.

Wowww 50%. You might as well not have tint. MS is 35%.

I understand what you are saying. By definition harassment is unwanted attention so technically that is the right use of the word but the courts' definition is no where near that. It isn't like they are pulling you over every time they see you. If you aren't doing anything wrong or don't plan on it then it really shouldn't bother you too much.

Those cops could be hangin out at the station kicked back eatin doughnuts really wasting time, when someone carjacks you, then you sure would wish they had been following you around. For LE it is damned if you do, damned if you don't with the public except for those very rare occasions.

Auto Window Tint Laws - TintCenter.com

u can view all the states laws on window tinting on that page.

When i had my 07 and living in vegas i had 20&#37; back and front windows, and 50% on the windshield. Never once got hassled for it. They don't mind it as much over there since it can get really sunny and hot there. I wish it was like that here in Illinois.
    Last edited by Dan07WRX; 12-15-2008 at 02:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.