Window Tint Laws (please add to this) - Page 11
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

This is a discussion on Window Tint Laws (please add to this) within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by EseLoco it is easy to get around this problem in michigan. Simply go to you eye doctor ...

Quote Originally Posted by EseLoco View Post
    it is easy to get around this problem in michigan. Simply go to you eye doctor and tell them you get terrible head aches from light when your driving and they will right you a prescription/note to allow you to have window tints.
    you can do this in pretty much in any state i did it in pa and had windows at 5% in my 05 dakota

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This is illegal

In California and Nevada. Nothing allowed as mentioned in CA. Nevada allows for less than 32 or possibly it's 28?

The shop I took my car too does it for cash, won't write a receipt but is happy to do it, they are in Reno.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mycar.jpg  

Utah
    43% on the windshield, front driver, and front passenger
    No restrictions on the back driver/passenger or rear (Although there is no limit on the tint on the back, you must NOT cover the 3rd break light with the tint)

Didn't see this on the front page and dont know if its in the thread so...

Michigan tints

I just went to court because some jackass cop gave me a ticket for my front window tints. I have a script from my eye doctor but this not good enough. I have been pulled over before for tints on a different car but I showed that cop the script and he let me go. The judge said that you need to get the script officially notarized through the secretary of state. Michigan law says that you can only have a 4" strip of tint in the front windows...but every one knows that just looks stupid.

mass

anyone kno the massachusetts tint laws?
    Every time chrome rims are put on a subaru a kitten is killed. do you want to be responsible for the death of a kitten?....do you?

I just think its rediculous to have tint laws, i understand a front window, but the back 5 should in no way cause any problems. I really dont care if i get ticketed for it, i have 5% on the back 3 windows, 20% on front 2. I think in most places aslong as the front 2 are atleast 20% its fine. I dont catch any sh$t for it.

see, the no tinted windows law in new jersey occured, when i cop decided to walk up to a vehicle with dark tint. when the windows rolled down, a gun was shown and he was shot.

basically, to protect cops.

but others, who have a **** load of money ... decide to pay the cops salary instead.

and to those who have it in urban communities ... some of the cops dont really care.

tint law for new hampshire

does anyone know the tint law for NH??

Registered User hairlesswookiee's Avatar
    I usually go with the legal 20 percent. I like to have paperwork to prove it if I get pulled over for it. No shop around me give a warranty or documentation for any else that is "not legal" however on my last golf my friend filled out paperwork for 20 when I really had 10 percent on the car.
    “Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.”
    http://www.myspace.com/ezcompane
    "The system requirements said Windows 95 or better... So I bought a Mac."
    My List of Toys: Samsung 50" DLP, 360 Elite, PS3 250GB, Blackbook (2.2,4gb,200gb 7200rpm), 8gb Iphone, 60gb Ipod.
    PSN & Live: ezcompane

I live in FL and got pulled over in a friends navigator by a state cop. He pulled us over because of the dark tint, but we thought all was good because the paperwork was on-hand. Wrong. He pulled out some tricky little cop device and put it ON the window. It displayed a number "3". The paperwork said it was 10 on all back windows, 20 in the front. Apparently thier device gets the final say, so I guess just be ready regardless of paperwork. The cop gave us a $700 ticket, which of course was paid by the bodyshop that tinted the car, even though it would seem like they were hooking it up

I just got a ticket for my window tint on the front two windows. He used his tint measuring device and it read my tint is 14% and he let me know that legal here in Arizona is 35%

PA Tint

Unfortunately Pa Law Is F-ed. There Is No Real Law Against Window Tint In Pa, Only Window Glazing, But The Cops Get You With Penn Dot Law Which Is 10% or under And You Get A Ticket For Driving With unsafe Equipment...BS

here in wisconsin u need to have 55% light transvirsle so nothing totaling more than 45% tint depending what the factory tint is. (dont know what the stock is for a WRX but my 97 Cavalier had 20% on it already)

In Illinois you can have a 30 to 40% tint the back side passenger and rear windows.
    The tint laws are a result of a knee jerk reaction to law enforcements fear of the unknown.
    We have to sit and bake in the sun so law enforcement will feel safe. The laws need to be adjusted to suit the public not the publics servants.

Quote Originally Posted by verbal View Post
    I've never heard of any Michigan police enforcing this law. Unless you have limo tint all around or anything extreme. A friend has been pulled over twice with 35% in the front and 20% on the back and the cop never mentioned it.
    NOT TRUE!!! Michigan police are the biggest ****s about window tint ever. Not so much County cops or Local cops. But State PIGS hate it.

I have always had sensitivity to light so I had 25% put in my truck and got a ticket. Pay 95 bucks or had to remove it. Then I actually read the LAW.

After reading the actual law, I went and got a doctors prescription and everything even had an optometrist give me scripts for window tint as well.

I have 35% in my car, got pulled over presented the info and scripts signed by the doctors and a district judge. The cop had the nerve to write me a ticket. I flat out told him set a date and ill see you there.

When I got called up I went to the judge with out even greeting the cop and layed the information I had in front of him, He stamped and signed the release and I was on my way.

I got out of it, but i had to miss half a day of work to do so....And I have all the "proper" legal documents for tint....MICHIGAN SUCKS