Window Tint Laws (please add to this) - Page 10
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

This is a discussion on Window Tint Laws (please add to this) within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; it is easy to get around this problem in michigan. Simply go to you eye doctor and tell them you ...

it is easy to get around this problem in michigan. Simply go to you eye doctor and tell them you get terrible head aches from light when your driving and they will right you a prescription/note to allow you to have window tints.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EseLoco View Post
    it is easy to get around this problem in michigan. Simply go to you eye doctor and tell them you get terrible head aches from light when your driving and they will right you a prescription/note to allow you to have window tints.
    omfg does that work? I have recurring eye problems and sometimes bad photophobia (pain from light). haha. i can get legal front tints? Score!

yeah thats how i was able to get away with my 20%... i had a gf who was legally blind, so i was able to get my windows tinted 30% more than the legal limit for VA. i didnt go more than that cus i live in a quiet neighborhood with no lights. so i couldnt see down my own driveway.
    The Hawk-eye Alliance #2007The wingless alliance #16HID headlight conversion kit, Freedom design front tower strut bar, progress front& rear sway bar(22mm).
    04 forester hood scoop STI Pink H-brace. K&N air filter HKS Hi-power catback. Agency power shortshifter HKS turbo timer

Tint in California

Any tint on the two front windows in California is illegal, California Highway Patrol will stop you in a heart beat. They will even give their Mama's a ticket. Well guess what screw the cops I have limo all around front and rear plus a limo sunvosir on my front windshield. Here in California its also called a Fix-a-ticket, just removed the tint and CHP will sign it off.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by awdwill View Post
    Any tint on the two front windows in California is illegal, California Highway Patrol will stop you in a heart beat. They will even give their Mama's a ticket. Well guess what screw the cops I have limo all around front and rear plus a limo sunvosir on my front windshield. Here in California its also called a Fix-a-ticket, just removed the tint and CHP will sign it off.
    I've got the sides (f/r) and the rear all at 10%... and the windshield at 60%.. Yes.. you read that right. The front is tinted

It's enough that you get a good reflection from the side, but directly head on, you can easily see the driver/passenger.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    I've only gotten hell from chp 1 time, and I've had it for a year now.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I had 35% up front and 20% in back on my WRx and got away with it for 2 years. A friend of mine got busted for 50% up front.

I won't be tinting my windows again though, not worth the stress watching for cops and rolling them down in time. It does look so nice though.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    I may have more leeway living in the desert. There are a lot of cars up here that are tinted in the front.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

haha, living up here in north dakota, being so hick as we are, almost 50% of cars have 50% tint all windows except windshield, u will only get busted for it if your front is tinted

nebraska= 35% on the front two windows and 20% on the back.

don't matter to me though, i got 5% all the way around (except on the windshield)..... Omaha cops don't give a rat's a$$!!!!

NY: front windows: 70%
    Rear windows: No limit

if the car is a 4 door, the rear doors can now only be 70% as well. found this out the other day when i received a ticket for it! bastards!
    Naturally Aspirated Definitely Sucks
    www.nadsny.com

Quote Originally Posted by rocklandboy View Post
    NY: front windows: 70%
    Rear windows: No limit

negative.

NYS = sedans = no tint whatsoever
    NYS = SUVs = rear windows only

The only sedans allowed to have tints are those with permits (people can apply for a permit to have tints) and LIVERY vehicles are allowed to have their REAR windows tinted.

The minimum light transmittance through a window is 70%. From the factory, the window permits only 70% transmittance (does solar tint ring a bell?). You cant see it, you cant really tell, but have you ever noticed that when you close the window, sunlight doesnt burn as much? Ever notice the green shade the window has? Thats the tint property of the window.

Dont believe me? look up the NYS VTL. How do i know? i work for the bastards.
    Last edited by nickyboy; 09-01-2007 at 03:34 PM.

and even tho you work for the bastards you still have to admit that those laws are full of it.... nothing but stupid crap to gain more money.
    The Hawk-eye Alliance #2007The wingless alliance #16HID headlight conversion kit, Freedom design front tower strut bar, progress front& rear sway bar(22mm).
    04 forester hood scoop STI Pink H-brace. K&N air filter HKS Hi-power catback. Agency power shortshifter HKS turbo timer

In Pa 70% Of Sunlight Has To Pass Through... All Windows And Know Winshield Tint At All