Subaru WRX Forum banner

My Car - Aiko V2.0 beta

9K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  WRXTwiztid 
#1 · (Edited)
My car! - Aiko V2.0

Version History:

Aiko - she's Japanese, right? and the name means beloved; NOT named for the import model - MAYBE for the QVC model?? :D

02 PSM WRX Wagon, 5MT (delivered: 13-Aug-02)

Engine Bay/Drivetrain:
- STi Short Throw Shifter (Factory)
- Kartboy Shifter Bushings
- K&N Drop In Panel Filter
- Turbo XS UTEC w/Remote Switch
- APR Racing Carbon Fiber Radiator Shroud
- Deadbolt Monster Ported and Polished TD04 Turbo (12-13-2003)
- JDM STi Uppipe w/ Resistor Mod (12-13-2003)
- Mechanical CEL fix (08-31-2004)
- ScoobySport Downpipe (12-13-2003)
- ScoobySport Catless Midpipe or OEM catted (01-28-2004)
- ScoobySport Dual Tip Catback (03-17-2004)
- Speedmonkee Zero Loss Grounding kit, Black (12-23-2003)
- Speedmonkee Ultimate Ground Cable system, Black (12-23-2003)
- Samco Intercooler hoses, Black (02-26-2004)
- STi Group N Motor Mounts (03-20-2004)
- STi Group N Tranny Mounts (03-20-2004)
- Samco Ancillary hoses, Black (02-26-2004)
- JDM STi TMIC(03-19-2005)

Suspension:
- Perrin Rear Sway Bar
- Perrin Rear Endlinks
- Prodrive Springs (05-22-2004)
- Koni Inserts (05-22-2004)
- STi Group N Tophats F & R (05-22-2004)
- Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings (07-27-2004)
- Whiteline Diff Bushings (07-27-2004)
- GT Spec Wagon Rear Strut Bar, Carbon (03-19-2005)

Wheels/Tires:

- RS six spoke wheels painted Duplicolor Graphite w/ Michelin Pilot A/S 205/55-16(winter)
- Wheel Locks (factory)

Braking:
- OEM Subaru 4 Pots (non-Brembo) Front, black with silver lettering (10-22-2004)
- Ferodo DS2500 pads (F) (10-22-2004)
- DBA 4650 rotors (F) - vented & slotted (10-22-2004)
- Stoptech Stainless Steel Lines (F, R) (10-22-2004)
- Valvoline SynPower Brake Fluid (10-22-2004)

Exterior:
- Rear Bumper Cover (Factory)
- Blue "I" Grille Badge
- Yakima Round Bar Rack System, dual Anklebiters (sometimes)
- Autospeed WRX Bumper Trim
- JDM I M P R E Z A Rebadge
- OEM Painted Side Skirts
- LNROnline Carbon Fiber Wagon Lip
- Prodrive Wagon Molded Mudflaps (summer)
- Fastline Rally Style Mudflaps (winter)
- Genuine STi Hoodscoop w/ Mesh (12-13-2003)
- ZeroSports Cool Action Intercooler Splitter (02-26-2004)
- DrawTite Trailer Hitch

Lighting:
- EDM STi Projector Headlights w/ PnP harness
- Australian OEM Clear Lexan Fog Light Covers (summer)
- Replica STi Mesh Fog Light Covers (winter)
- Candlepower 55W Gold fogs
- misterjung 5200K H1 HID kit
- Australian OEM Clear Lexan Headlight Covers (02-10-2004)

Interior:
- Turbo Gauge (Factory)
- Auto Day/Night Mirror (Factory)
- Theft Deterrent System (Factory)
- Cargo/Convenience Net (Factory)
- STi Titanium Shift Knob (summer)
- Momo Race Full Leather Shift Knob (winter) w/ Paulie Adapter
- 35% Tint All Around
- Autospeed OEM-look Dead Pedal
- OEM All Weather Rubber Mats
- Genuine JDM STi V7 shifter trim/boot/console (02-03-2004)
- Alpine 9833 Head Unit
- Infinity Reference 6000CS Components (F)
- Infinity Kappa 52.5i (R)
- Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1 Subwoofer
- evolutionauto Wagon Sub Enclosure
- knuconceptz.com wiring kits
- lil bit of raammat & ensolite foam

To be installed:
- JDM clear side & fender markers

Future Plans (in no particular order):
- Samco Hoses
- Gauges gauges gauges
- STi TMIC/TurboXS TMIC
- MRT Fuel Rails
- STi 565cc Fuel Injectors
- EDM Headlight Levelling Switch
- I.C.E.

For Sale:
- Perrin Radiator Hoses, black - open box
- PEP MIL eliminator (01-28-2004)

Sold:
- Cross Bar Kit (Sold to tacomaboy)
- Painted Stockers w/RE92s ~5k (Sold :( to CirrusWRX)
- 17" O.Z./Prodrive P1, Anthracite w/Kumho Ecsta Supra 712s 225/45-17 (Sold to inurb)
- Duralmin Lugs, Black (Sold to inurb)

Thanks to everyone involved in this project. Vendors "making" me spend my money, ALL the used bargains, Murray for some installage, PhreeZe for the "version" format, Verdugo for his style input and photo inspirations, WRXin' the sideskirt nazi, and y'all - our little community for sharing.

Thanks!
wYlie

See less See more
#6 ·
MMMMMmmmmm...more POWah!!

and less hesitation!!

EDIT:

- JDM STi Uppipe (12-13-2003)
- ScoobySport Single Tip Catback (12-13-2003)

#7 ·
Do you have the kanji for aiko handy?
There are several meanings for that reading, but I never heard beloved before.

ˆ¤ŒÚ, aiko��patronage
‘ŠŽq, aiko��draw, tie
ˆ¤�D, aikou = love and adoration

�ň¤, saiai= beloved also, but Aiko is a much cooler name;)

Sweet ride

#10 ·
Re: MMMMMmmmmm...more POWah!!

Roamin'Coyote said:
and less hesitation!!

EDIT:

- JDM STi Uppipe (12-13-2003)
- ScoobySport Single Tip Catback (12-13-2003)
Looks great!!! How do you like the deadbolt turbo? Did you feel any difference? What boost do you run with it?

#12 ·
ssamurai26 said:
Do you have the kanji for aiko handy?
There are several meanings for that reading, but I never heard beloved before.
ˆ¤ŒÚ, aiko��patronage
‘ŠŽq, aiko��draw, tie
ˆ¤�D, aikou = love and adoration
�ň¤, saiai= beloved also, but Aiko is a much cooler name;)

Sweet ride
that third thing is kinda like beloved, RIGHT? Oh, it says aikou. Honestly, I'm not Japanese and got it from one of them name sites/books. Heh. I think there were like three or four places that had the same meaning. Where can you see those kanji things the way they're supposed to look? (the above didn't really turn out for me)

EvilCerealBoX - If my car was on some site....it's news to me. Bask Oner is a little correct, but C'MON there's not many options for wagon lips. AND, my OZ/Prodrive P1s don't at all look like his gram lights. ;)

PhreeZe - heh...good Christmas for me (self-gifting); a little less so to everyone else...MUA HAH HAH hah....

trainrex - Well, it went in with the UP/DP/catback. Yeah, I felt a difference, but from where? My UTEC is still running untuned and boost is probably on the low side of 15 psi. The weather's been weird for road tuning (cold, dense air causing some lean run) and my laptop is sucking ballz right now. I should be dynoing in a few months. It definitely DOES spool sooner, but that also has something to do with the catless UP.

Thanks every1!!

:wiggles:
-wYlie

#14 ·
Roamin'Coyote said:
that third thing is kinda like beloved, RIGHT? Oh, it says aikou. Honestly, I'm not Japanese and got it from one of them name sites/books. Heh. I think there were like three or four places that had the same meaning. Where can you see those kanji things the way they're supposed to look? (the above didn't really turn out for me)
[snip]
If you are using Windows XP pro (maybe home too I don't know), just right click on the page, then select "encoding" and click on "Japanese". If that option isn't available, then you haven't installed support for E.Asian languages. Sorry it looks all messed up. Actually, I looked it up in a proper names dictionary, and there must be dozens of definitions in there. Probably one of them hits close enough;) How about "Favorite Child"

Silver wagons make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside:D

#18 ·
Thanks everyone. I'll have to get up some winter trim pics...looks totally different. lol.

Bask Oner said:
Good thing you didn't notice my switch from UK300's to JDM lights. You might try and turn my accusations around on me!
*runs out to garage to check headlights still there* YEAH!!! copycat. :tongue: I guess you switched over when you had that front end "incident". Car all bettAr now? Any other changes during the fix?

Evil - I actually had painted stockers that have a similar scheme to that wagon, so kinda, but not really. He's got a shaved roof rack and antenna, and the OEM body kit. There's not much you can do with the wagons as far as bodykit options...so...they're gonna look pretty similar.

*just got my stock struts bodies for konis/prodrive springs in the springs* [mr. burns]X-cellent[/mr.burns]
w00t!

-wylie

#21 ·
I like them....it's widely known that they're not "beautiful", but they fit right. I chose them because they mate up exactly where the stock pieces mate. I like that because of emissions in PA. I can run my stock 3rd cat and "should" pass emissions with no problem. Then I can mix and match my pipes - decat, put the resonator in, axleback or whatever.

They sound good. Just revving it doesn't give you the full effect. It gets a lot more aggressive/louder when you're under load. Nobody's (well, almost) said anything bad about the sound quality and they've definitely given me a nice power boost. For reference, a friend with just a UTEC said my car puts his to shame (UTEC + UP/DP/catback). I think that it's pretty quiet when it needs to be (passed many cops with this exhaust with no hassle).

I've had complaints from the friendgirl that it is loud, so I actually have a Prodrive axleback coming in to try the difference. There's a well known problem with wagons and loud exhausts, so I'm gonna try it to stop the b!tching. On the loudness scale, the prodrive is supposed to be quieter....we'll see.

I'm sure you'll be happy with yours.

Wylie

#22 ·
There's been some changes since my last update...but I've finally posted some 'interesting' pictures that I can add to my thread. 1st set...Prodrive springs on Koni Strut Install. Love the ride/handling tradeoffs.....perfectly streetable crisper handling. Some harshness on MAJOR hits, but quickly controlled. Yup, I painted my strut bodies Koni Yellow (Plastikote School Bus Yellow - as specified by two of their technical contacts). The color looks a bit off from real life and the paint job has held up reasonably. There's some bleed through....hmmm...repaint? try again? Group N strut tops also.

Stock:

Lowered:

side by side:

front:

rear:

#23 · (Edited)
Next up, SOME brake work!!!! :thumbup:
I painted the calipers from their drab stock gray to VHT Gloss Black. What about the lettering???? Had to re-paint them by hand!! :D VHT Cast Aluminum. They work great. Better feel, firmer pedal, more responsive and a stronger initial bite. I've got some squeekiness....have to investigate it further, but I'm very happy. Using Valvoline SynPower Brake Fluid.....for now.

Subaru 4 Pots:
Ferodo DS2500 pads (F):
DBA club spec rotors (F) - vented & slotted
Stoptech Stainless Steel Lines (F, R)

:wiggles:
wYlie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.