My Car - Aiko V2.0 beta - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My Car - Aiko V2.0 beta within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; That is a good looking wagon. Good job....

That is a good looking wagon. Good job.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    that's one sezzy azz wagon.
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

Thanks everyone. I'll have to get up some winter trim pics...looks totally different. lol.

Originally posted by Bask Oner
    Good thing you didn't notice my switch from UK300's to JDM lights. You might try and turn my accusations around on me!
    *runs out to garage to check headlights still there* YEAH!!! copycat. I guess you switched over when you had that front end "incident". Car all bettAr now? Any other changes during the fix?

Evil - I actually had painted stockers that have a similar scheme to that wagon, so kinda, but not really. He's got a shaved roof rack and antenna, and the OEM body kit. There's not much you can do with the wagons as far as bodykit options...so...they're gonna look pretty similar.

*just got my stock struts bodies for konis/prodrive springs in the springs* [mr. burns][i]X-cellent[i][/mr.burns]
    w00t!

-wylie

My car's pretty much all better now. The UK300's weren't as damaged as the insurance adjuster thought, so they're still on the car and I still have my originality. Of course I also have a pair of STi headlights that are collecting dust!
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

how do you like those scoobysport peices? What about the sound of them? Well, I am going to know in a couple of weeks because me SS stage 1+ is on order

I like them....it's widely known that they're not "beautiful", but they fit right. I chose them because they mate up exactly where the stock pieces mate. I like that because of emissions in PA. I can run my stock 3rd cat and "should" pass emissions with no problem. Then I can mix and match my pipes - decat, put the resonator in, axleback or whatever.

They sound good. Just revving it doesn't give you the full effect. It gets a lot more aggressive/louder when you're under load. Nobody's (well, almost) said anything bad about the sound quality and they've definitely given me a nice power boost. For reference, a friend with just a UTEC said my car puts his to shame (UTEC + UP/DP/catback). I think that it's pretty quiet when it needs to be (passed many cops with this exhaust with no hassle).

I've had complaints from the friendgirl that it is loud, so I actually have a Prodrive axleback coming in to try the difference. There's a well known problem with wagons and loud exhausts, so I'm gonna try it to stop the b!tching. On the loudness scale, the prodrive is supposed to be quieter....we'll see.

I'm sure you'll be happy with yours.

Wylie

There's been some changes since my last update...but I've finally posted some 'interesting' pictures that I can add to my thread. 1st set...Prodrive springs on Koni Strut Install. Love the ride/handling tradeoffs.....perfectly streetable crisper handling. Some harshness on MAJOR hits, but quickly controlled. Yup, I painted my strut bodies Koni Yellow (Plastikote School Bus Yellow - as specified by two of their technical contacts). The color looks a bit off from real life and the paint job has held up reasonably. There's some bleed through....hmmm...repaint? try again? Group N strut tops also.

Stock:

Lowered:

side by side:

front:

rear:

Next up, SOME brake work!!!!
    I painted the calipers from their drab stock gray to VHT Gloss Black. What about the lettering???? Had to re-paint them by hand!! VHT Cast Aluminum. They work great. Better feel, firmer pedal, more responsive and a stronger initial bite. I've got some squeekiness....have to investigate it further, but I'm very happy. Using Valvoline SynPower Brake Fluid.....for now.

Subaru 4 Pots:
    Ferodo DS2500 pads (F):
    DBA club spec rotors (F) - vented & slotted
    Stoptech Stainless Steel Lines (F, R)

wYlie
    Last edited by Roamin'Coyote; 07-16-2005 at 03:32 PM.

Damn son. Looks like the Cash Fairy paid you a visit!
    Looks hot, stops hot...an all around performer. Good job.

mike
    Creeping up on creeping for a decade.
    Bugeye Mafia V2 #322

lol damn man nice house?

looks good
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh t leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil t marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12