3rd Brake Light Cover Mod (w/pics) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 3rd Brake Light Cover Mod (w/pics) within the Exterior and Appearance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally Posted by CustomS10 the only bad part is all cars after 94 i think it is needs a 3rd ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CustomS10
    the only bad part is all cars after 94 i think it is needs a 3rd brake light. So if u dont have a spoiler and and ur inspection station are guys who really stick to the laws then ur screwed.
    Yup. I wouldn't think about doing this if I didn't have a spoiler.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I've had my cover for a year and it's held up great. I was suprised that it stayed put as i expected it to move for sure... Nice piece
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Do you people really trust the idiots behind you that much? Even with my STi wing I'm going to keep my 3rd brake light so I can do everything I can to get their attention.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by qoncept
    Do you people really trust the idiots behind you that much? Even with my STi wing I'm going to keep my 3rd brake light so I can do everything I can to get their attention.
    I guess that means all the yellow cars are doomed. All yellow WRX's came from the factory with a wing, and no third brake light on the deck.

i also have one of those on my car im happy so far, makes the back look better with not haveing all those brake lights, those damn sonic yellow guys are lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I guess that means all the yellow cars are doomed. All yellow WRX's came from the factory with a wing, and no third brake light on the deck.
    the stock wing has a brake light on it. if you have both a 3rd brake light and a spoiler, that means the spoiler was installed by the dealer. you shouldnt have a 3rd brake light if your car was ordered with a wing from the factory.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM 3SGTE
    the stock wing has a brake light on it. if you have both a 3rd brake light and a spoiler, that means the spoiler was installed by the dealer. you shouldnt have a 3rd brake light if your car was ordered with a wing from the factory.
    The only cars that had the spoiler from the factory were yellow ones.

the only color that came with a spoiler standard were the yellow ones, cause it was supposed to be the "sporty" color. there are plenty of wrx's that came with a spoiler from the factory, mine being one of them. hence the lack of a 3rd brake light. which brings me back to my point; if you have a spoiler AND a 3rd brake light, then your spoiler was installed by the dealer.

the only color that came with a spoiler standard were the yellow ones, cause it was supposed to be the "sporty" color. there are plenty of wrx's that came with a spoiler from the factory, mine being one of them. hence the lack of a 3rd brake light. which brings me back to my point; if you have a spoiler AND a 3rd brake light, then your spoiler was installed by the dealer.
    i thought all options were installed by the dealer anyways. At least that's what it seems to be around here. The cars roll off the line as the same then the dealer adds this here or there. I could be wrong though.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Quote Originally Posted by CustomS10
    i thought all options were installed by the dealer anyways. At least that's what it seems to be around here. The cars roll off the line as the same then the dealer adds this here or there. I could be wrong though.
    the way i understand it, options are installed at the port once the cars arrive to the states. so if you order a car with specific options, most will be installed before it gets to the dealer.

the way i understand it, options are installed at the port once the cars arrive to the states. so if you order a car with specific options, most will be installed before it gets to the dealer.
    could be but i just can't imagine a bunch of subby techs bolting on spoilers and arm rest extensions and short shifters at the shipping yard.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Quote Originally Posted by BongMonster View Post
    This looks pretty sweet in my opinion and was well worth the $25 for the "kit" and the 15 minutes it took to install. Just did it and love it.

--15 mins of your time
    --small (short) phillips head screw-driver
    --10mm socket

3rd Brake Light Cover Mod Kit (from cc-b.com)

disconnect blue/white connector & remove bolts (10mm)

brake lights before

Iwish someone else would make one of these.
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

i know this post is OLD, but does any company still sell these? cant seem to find a cover/delete kit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.