Buffers

This is a discussion on Buffers within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So it's about that time again to claybar, paint cleaner, polish, and wax. Would a buffer make this any easier? ...

Buffers

So it's about that time again to claybar, paint cleaner, polish, and wax. Would a buffer make this any easier? What are the pros/cons to using a buffer? Can you recommend a decent, but cheaper buffer? Any other tips? Or should I just keep doing it by hand?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Unless youve used a buffer before, stay away from it, you can burn through suby paint in a second
    ''ya wanna go"

I use a random orbital buffer. Its pretty hard to burn through the paint with one of those. The buffers you need to look out fore are the ones that just spin. Body shops use them to apply polishing compounds and glazes. They can eat through the paint in a second. They look more like an angle grinder.

I have a craftsman random orbital buffer. I apply the liquid wax with a foam pad, then remove with terry cloth pads.
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you