Waxing Car?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Waxing Car? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; (please move if in wrong area) I heard that waxing a car like the wrx is a bad thing. Somthing ...

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)

Waxing Car?

(please move if in wrong area)

I heard that waxing a car like the wrx is a bad thing. Somthing with the outer clear ayr will be takin off? Therefre yu will have to wax all the time?

tom
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wax

i'm no expert but i waxed mine with zymol and the car looks incredible.........i doubt it will do anything negative to the car
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

waxing the car is fine.

dR

Originally posted by dark_rex
    waxing the car with a modern, clear-coat-safe wax is fine.

dR
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Check out Zaino. This stuff is awesome. I use it and get compliments on how smooth and silky it feels. I have used many different waxes/polishes and Zaino is by far the best I've used. Do a search and you will see.

Ronin

In the old days you weren't supposed to wax a new car. No longer true? Mine has 80 miles on it.

tan

Re: Waxing Car?

Originally posted by Jack
    (please move if in wrong area)

I heard that waxing a car like the wrx is a bad thing. Somthing with the outer clear ayr will be takin off? Therefre yu will have to wax all the time?

tom
    If you polish your car with something like polishing compound, yes.

There are a lot of waxes out there and they do different things to the surfaces of the paint.

AS long as you are using a polish you will always be okay and safe with what you use. The cars are waxed at the time the cars show up on the lot. How do you think that look that good after they have been shipped from Japan.
    Ask me how to color your fogs
    RockBlocker
    Protecting Your Investment is Our Business

most of the waxes sold today are safe for clearcoat finishes. just make sure it says that on the label before you purchase.
    03 blue WRX.
    Weeeeee!

I just finished doign my whole car in Zymol. I've had good luck in the past with it, so decided to just do it. Looks great, but it's pollen season so the car already has green dust covering it. :angry:

In the very old days....it was advised not to wax your new car for a few months if it were Acrylic- like Chryslers. GM's used laquer and could be waxed right away. Something about setting time for Acrylic coats. really digging back deep inot the early 70's from my days as a new/used car conditioner at an Olds/pontiac shop

Sounds like vanguard hit it on the head.
    I use Mothers and it works very well. It even smells good.... As long as you get a good quality product you will be fine.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Most polishes have a compound that will melt and scrub off layers of the clearcoat, but this is a negligable amount that will take a lot of polishing to become an issue. Now there are some WAXES that are not abrasive and those should be applied after a POLISH. For the general public though, just use any good brand wax like meguires, mother, 3m, whatever.
    clutch, shift, gas, clutch, shift, gas, shift, clutch, gas, clutch gas, shift... oops!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.