how to disable daytime running lights

This is a discussion on how to disable daytime running lights within the Exterior and Appearance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; a brief explenation;...

Lightbulb how to disable daytime running lights

a brief explenation;
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p1010090-j.jpg  
    03 blue WRX.
    Weeeeee!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p1010088-j.jpg  
    03 blue WRX.
    Weeeeee!

Thanks for the great info I'm gonna go ahead and add this to the collection of tutorials in the tutorial forum
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)

?

This may be a stupid question but why would you want to disable your daytime running lighs? Apperence only?

Thanks in advance
    Tom
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

well, one reason besides appearance is that i belive motorbikes should be the only ones with daytime running lights, not cars.

another reason is that this mod gives you the ability to drive without any lights on. it is sometimes helpfull if you go camping and dont want to shine lights at anyone.

but me personally, i hate the way it looks with daytime running lights. looks much better without them. plus it gives you the ability to turn on the lights at one notch (small side lights) without the main lights comming on, looks cool.
    03 blue WRX.
    Weeeeee!

I Support ClubWRX
    I have also been reading on this, since a Bay Area member, soundtrax, wanted me to help him disable his DRL's. This mod will work fine, but if you ever upgrade to HID's it will burn out the bulbs quickly by simply unplugging the harness from the silver ti-tac looking thing above. I will find the thread on NASIOC that explains this, also with pictures.

The proper way to disable the DRL's for good is to take out the glove box. Behind the glove box is the main harness for the DRL's. All you need to do is unplug this harness and you will never have any problems with HID's or anything.

LInks soon to come.

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Makes sense now. Thanks
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

I Support ClubWRX
    Here is the thread I promised above, about taking out the glove box and disconnecting the MAIN DRL harness, instead of the connector in the engine compartment. This link also has detailed pictures on how to perform the disassembly of the glove box.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...t=DRL+glovebox

And here is a quote from this link from our very own clubWRX.net member cnk:"A lot of people who pulled the one in the engine bay had issues with the DRL's coming back on when they upgraded their lighting to HID's. The module in the engine bay doesn't actually control the DRL's. The actual DRL module is the one behind the glovebox. If you're going to do something, you might as well do it right the first time. It's only 7 screws to take out the glovebox. Takes less that 15 minutes to take it apart, pull the plug, and put it back together. You then don't have to worry about water getting into the open connectors or dirt/grime."

Does this work with the 2009 WRX

Just wondering if this will work with the 2009 WRX?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kronos View Post
    Just wondering if this will work with the 2009 WRX?
    NASIOC - View Single Post - 2008 Wrx Drl

should be the same for 08/09

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

thanks

I will have to try this.. thank you