WRC Knockoff Headlight Installation - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on WRC Knockoff Headlight Installation within the Exterior and Appearance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally posted by WRXin' Oh I see...way to put the mod powers to work Yep-yep!...

Originally posted by WRXin'
    Oh I see...way to put the mod powers to work
    Yep-yep!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What I mean by hard wiring is getting wire taps, and tapping the wires on the new headlights to the wires from the stock unit. That's what these instructions I typed above are talking about. Let me know if you understand what I'm saying. If not, then I'll try to help you further
    Sorry to be a pain the but Fahd. When you say hard wired you are referring to getting some wire taps from Radio Shack right? Also what do you mean the stock unit? One the WRC lights are installed what do the stock units have anything to do with it?
    "It's lonely at the top. But it's comforting to look down upon everyone at the bottom."

"Always remember that you are unique. Just like everybody else."

does anyone have the "newer" wiring setup? the two black wires join to make a single wire, there is a red and a green wire as well... not a blue or white one as in the directions listed... help me out

Last edited by deebo; 04-30-2004 at 07:06 PM.

this is how i finally hooked them up..

the green wire from the WRC's in the right side of the harness

the black wire from the WRC's in the middle of the harness

the red wire from the WRC's in the left of the harness

they came prewired with the wires all fudged so i cut the wrc harness and respliced it with the directions above ... the highs are the inside light and the lows are the outside light

Question

do they shine as bright as the stock ones and how much did you pay for yours and where did you get them?????
    2003 WRX
    RS*R Turboback, Exhaust Depot Uppipe, Utec, Perrin crank pulley, AEM CAI, propsport egt, Lc-1 Wideband

they are pretty bright and i dont remember how much i paid for them but theyre sitting in my garage now because i like my stock cleared headlights better and basically theyre pretty cheaply made and youll most likely get everyone here telling you that anyways

Quote Originally Posted by deebo View Post
    this is how i finally hooked them up..

the green wire from the WRC's in the right side of the harness

the black wire from the WRC's in the middle of the harness

the red wire from the WRC's in the left of the harness

they came prewired with the wires all fudged so i cut the wrc harness and respliced it with the directions above ... the highs are the inside light and the lows are the outside light

I dont know how old this thread is but, THIS ^^ is the best advice. I did it and it worked for me. That ridiculous elaborate harness I got with them was a joke.

The top two connectors from each lamp join together and go the MIDDLE of the blue thing.
    The lower two from each light go to the outsides of the blue thing. These are the high/low beam, high is INSIDE, if high beam is outside, switch sides.
    Thanks!

Last edited by Smeghead; 12-04-2006 at 02:34 PM.

lights

I dont know if anyone is still replying to this thread but has anyone replaced their bulbs with h4's or anything of that sort? If so how and what size did they buy?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.