---<{{{The Official Wagon Thread}}}>--- - Page 88
Page 88 of 133 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1983

This is a discussion on ---<{{{The Official Wagon Thread}}}>--- within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; there's a FAQ somewhere in the welcome section and also a good write up on first mods. it has just ...

there's a FAQ somewhere in the welcome section and also a good write up on first mods. it has just about everything you need to know in them.

an access port new will run about 695 i believe. check nasioc classifieds you can pick one up used for cheaper than that. just be sure to get the correct AP for your car year.

start with a full turbo back exhaust (downpipe all the way to the muffler) then go stage 2 with the AP. then do stuff like steel brake lines, sloted rotors and better pads. then go to work with the suspension. springs and front and rear sway bars and endlinks would be a good place to start.

you really can't not spend a lot of money once you start.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fahren View Post
    there's a FAQ somewhere in the welcome section and also a good write up on first mods. it has just about everything you need to know in them.
    The man is correct. Heres the linky. LINK HERE Please, if you are serious about learning everything "wrx", please read it. The members will be a lot more willing to help if you show the motivation to learn about your car.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahren View Post
    you really can't not spend a lot of money once you start.
    Again...the man is correct... I didn't "plan" on doing that much to my wagon when I first bought it.... $6000 later.... I'm still going...hahaha...
    In my opinion... if you are strapped for cash... DON'T waste money on any of the following... BOV's, Turbo Timers, CAI, Injectors, none of that stuff will do you any good right now.
    The absolute best mod for power to start with is a catless uppipe. There are a few 'free' mods too.. they won't net you much power though... You said you have a 3" exhaust..are you talking from the turbo back, or just a catback?
    Basically... you have to pay to play : )
    Uppipe - 150-250
    Accessport - 695 new ??? used
    Full turbo back exhaust - 500-1200 depending on brand and if new or not.
    Last edited by JETS02WRX; 06-18-2007 at 06:07 AM.
    02 MBP WRX Wagon
    INFO ABOUT THE WAGON

06 WRB WRX Limited
    tristatetuners.com

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    well IMHO your looking in the wrong place to increse "performance"- the WRX off the showroom floor has decent power, what it doesn't have is decent tires- they very best bang for the buck for performance would be getting some hi po tires- better handling, better braking. The WRX wagon has a rather diminutive rear sway bar- 17mm- replacing this rear bar w/ a oe 20mm bar from a 02 WRX sedan will do wonders in dialing out some of the understeer dialed in at the factory. A good alignment- even if your factory spec (many find they are not!) there is great room for increased performance.

handling and brakes, then worry about increasing power
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Hmm

well tires i have new ones on (dealer put them on) not the greatest but they are bfgoodwrench so they will do for now. the rear sway bar if i installed that at my house would i need to get an alignment done?

and jets02wrx i believe its from turbo back im getting it up on a lift sometime this week hopefully thursday but basically your adivece is more towards exhaust and the ap hook up which is fine thats kinda what i want to do after talking to a couple others but what about getting more air in or do the box-4s have a good intake system?

The stock intake system is matched to the stock turbo quite nicely. You could do the elbow delete mod, which makes it a little bit more free flowing, give you a little more noise...but other than that, it flows plenty.

Also listen to what Big Sky says.... hes got tons of suspension knowledge and i believe thrashes his wagon at the track regularly. I'm turning my focus to suspension and braking now as I think i have the wagon where I want it until I upgrade the turbo.... I'll be reading his threads carefully
    02 MBP WRX Wagon
    INFO ABOUT THE WAGON

06 WRB WRX Limited
    tristatetuners.com

yeah it seems like he really knows his stuff but with that elbo delete kit or what ever is that the name of the part or do you know any web pages that i can look at prices and maybe see what it is exactly (although the name kinda sums it up)

Whats up everyone!

I just purchased my wagon and wanted to get plugged in. Anyone from Orange County, Ca?

:raises hand:
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

rear, mid spoiler...

Where can I get a rear mid spoiler?

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    subydude has them in limited colors (maybe only one?)

japanparts.com can get them in most colors

not sure if anyone has tried but some the older Impreza wagons came w/ mid wings from the factory- they are slightly different from the newer jdm ones, but they might fit and they would be cheap (compared to the above)
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

try and make one out of cardboard. my brothers friends do it all the time on their hondas. like this. ----------> http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/attach...3&d=1182394418
    <----------Bugeye Mafia #143
    <----------have pulled .97 lateral g's in a wagon
    <----------provides clean urine for the russian olympic team
    <----------tuned by Sean McCormick (R.I.P. 2/2008)

Recent pics of the wagon

that is easily the nicest wagon i have ever seen near seattle. i would like to come hook up and see that bad boy up close. i'm in des moines so i'm not too far. lets make a meet out of it or something.
    <----------Bugeye Mafia #143
    <----------have pulled .97 lateral g's in a wagon
    <----------provides clean urine for the russian olympic team
    <----------tuned by Sean McCormick (R.I.P. 2/2008)

if i didn't know better, i would swear that subaru made a factory STi wagon! that's awesome, did you swap everything from a dead STi?
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

yep, 05 STi, 1645 miles on the ODO (!)