---<{{{The Official Wagon Thread}}}>--- - Page 87
+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 133 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1992

This is a discussion on ---<{{{The Official Wagon Thread}}}>--- within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ...

SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    fahren, dan, great looking cars!!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

thanks dude

I don't think I've ever posted here?!

Here's the run-down:

APS 725 FMIC
    APS Cold Air Intake
    APS Dual Stage BPV / BOV
    Helix 660cc
    Walbro 255
    TD06-20G
    Cobb ProTune (Gruppe-S)
    2.5" H&S catless DP
    2.5" Stromung single tip Catback
    Electric cutout welded onto downpipe (open dump)

Prodrive Springs
    Koni Inserts
    Cusco Rear Diffuser Brace
    Whitle Adj Swaybars (front & Rear)
    Ebay knockoff Strut towers (Front & rear)
    Stoptech front rotors
    16" rota slipstreams (thanks for a great deal from my buddy)

2006 STI 6-speed Trans
    Custom shortened driveshaft
    ACT Street series flywheel / clutch kit
    2002 WRX Rear Diff
    Neetronics diff controller (not installed at the moment, I'm having troubles with the signals)

Mustang DYNO 289/295 (stock STI reads 215/215)

Now that I have a stronger transmission, it's time to go Ext Wastegate & turn up the boost.

F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

Questions

So yeah im new to the subaru world. I picked mine up last week so yeah i wanted to know what some minor but good upgrades for my wagon.

Before anyone lists high price parts i want you to know im almost 19 with a fairly high car payment + insurance= i dont have alot of extra cash since college is right around the corner.

Now that you all know my sappy story whats a good intake for an 02 maybe a BOV but i read a forum that those can make your car run lean or rich i forget. Anyways other than an intake ( i got a 3 inch exhaust) so im looking for the next part to save up INFORMATION NEEDED

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 02RxWagon View Post
    Now that you all know my sappy story whats a good intake for an 02 maybe a BOV but i read a forum that those can make your car run lean or rich i forget. Anyways other than an intake ( i got a 3 inch exhaust) so im looking for the next part to save up INFORMATION NEEDED
    Summary:

AFtermarket BOV = in your case, it's not necesaary. if it's for noise, it will run awful (backfires, rough idle, stalls, etc)

Intake = Cold Air Intake (sources air from fender) but gains will be minimal. Remove the silencer elbow in the intake...it'll sound better.

If you're after some moderate power, I say save up & get a Cobb Accessport (used). The quick, simple ECU flash will make the whole drive experience a lot better (more HP, more torque, smoother powerband, etc) Cobb Access Port Map Info

Save up a bit more for a downpipe, and you can flash it to stage 2 for even more, safe for your motor, fun.
    Last edited by ansonowicz; 06-17-2007 at 10:52 PM.

Hmm

Okay these cobb parts your talkin about. One do you know any sites i can look at to price out parts. Two with the intake does brand really matter or is that just a prefrance thing. (i feel retarded asking that question but you seem to know your stuff) Wont an ait intake help my gasmilage out a little too?

Oh one other thing a buddy of mine (well formor co-worker) sad he sent his car into ford (he had a mustang) to get retuned for more horsepower. Is that possible with subarus?

Okay these cobb parts your talkin about. One do you know any sites i can look at to price out parts. Two with the intake does brand really matter or is that just a prefrance thing. (i feel retarded asking that question but you seem to know your stuff) Wont an ait intake help my gasmilage out a little too?

Oh one other thing a buddy of mine (well formor co-worker) sad he sent his car into ford (he had a mustang) to get retuned for more horsepower. Is that possible with subarus?
    1) dont' feel retarded. you're inquring & doing homework. we all had to start somewhere.

2) Used Parts: From NASIOC I'm not a big fan of this site, but it has a LOT of traffic.
    And from our own ClubWRX marketplace Classifieds

3) Yes, the Cobb Accessport is a handheld device. It communicates with the ECU in the wagon and can reprogram for better mileage while getting more power, etc.

3a) There are many tuners out there, some reputable, some not. But they all have their own preference for "tuning". They can squeeze as much juice out of the turbo while sacrificing daily driving, or whatever. It's all about your preference, goals, and the tuner's talent. Before going to a tuner, you typically need some kind of ECU management tool (ie. The Cobb Accessport & UTEC are the most common in the Subaru World)

4) Again, getting an aftermarket intake will help a bit, but with everything else bone stock, the difference is negligible. You might get +1 MPG, but when you're driving a turbo'd car, the best mileage saver is your driving habits

Wow

Well thanks for beign nice but with the ecu upgrade your tellin me about is something im gonna look into. What about boost control and turbo timers with turbos im Bran new i know after driving for a while its good to let it cool off while idleing and with higher rpms or length of use is takes longer (thats correct right?) but yeah any input on those 2 would be cool i wanna look into a boost gauge too but thats prolly nothing new to any suby owner id assume everyone wants to know how much they put out

Well thanks for beign nice but with the ecu upgrade your tellin me about is something im gonna look into. What about boost control and turbo timers with turbos im Bran new i know after driving for a while its good to let it cool off while idleing and with higher rpms or length of use is takes longer (thats correct right?) but yeah any input on those 2 would be cool i wanna look into a boost gauge too but thats prolly nothing new to any suby owner id assume everyone wants to know how much they put out
    Subaru is one of the only stock turbos that have BOTH a water/coolant & Oil line to the turbo. Your thinking is absolutely correct. But with both the water & oil recirculating in there, a turbo timer is not necessary on your stock turbo. However, the added insurance gives you peace of mind.

Boost control can either be done manually (not recommended if you're new to this) or done through the ECU management....err, your tuner. An inexpensive boost gauge can be found from These guys.

Here's something to think about:

Internal combustion engines need Air + Fuel to ignite, correct? The turbo is simply feeding more air. BUT, the ECU needs to be aware you're pushing more air and in turn dump more fuel to ignite.

Well, with these manual boost controllers, some drivers decide to crank up the boost not realizing they need to manage the fuel also. So here's a nice WRX engine with volumes of air without adequate fuel. This is called running Lean.... Lean is Bad for the motor.

Stock boost for your wagon should be somewhere around 11-14psi I think.

Here's another upgrade path: suspension. Sometimes, power isn't everything. But chasing a corner with hitting the brakes is awesome.

By the way, a user by the name of Fahren has quite a few parts from his old 02-03 wagon. If you can't find anything good, he might have something.
    Last edited by ansonowicz; 06-17-2007 at 11:31 PM.

Fuel you say

well the turbo timer was a tip from a buddy but since you put it that way (and im not gonna beat my car... alot) im sure i can just hang out while it runs for a bit

i dont plan to manualy control the boost i dont know much about turbos thats why i was looking into the boost controller but that ecu upgrade sounds much better

with the ecu does that add more fuel if i bump up the boost or is that gonna be an additional part like new fuel rail or injectors?

well the turbo timer was a tip from a buddy but since you put it that way (and im not gonna beat my car... alot) im sure i can just hang out while it runs for a bit

i dont plan to manualy control the boost i dont know much about turbos thats why i was looking into the boost controller but that ecu upgrade sounds much better

with the ecu does that add more fuel if i bump up the boost or is that gonna be an additional part like new fuel rail or injectors?
    The tuner or the ECU map will decide how much boost you want. FYI, a typical professional tune runs approx $250/hr. So an off the shelf map (free download when you get an accessport ) will have a map of Air to Fuel Ratios (known as AFRs on these boards). Tuning for the WRXs aren't that straightforward, so you can't really just "increase the boost" at whim. The tuner, well that could be yourself after you gain some knowledge and tuning tools, will find the balance & sweet spot for your turbo, injectors, etc.

You'll need to upgrade your fuelsysem when you get a bigger turbo, but i won't overload you with too much info.

As for letting the turbo cool down, usually 40secs to 1 min will suffice. I use that time to catch the end of whatever's playing in the deck.

I'm pretty much out of anything interesting. except sti struts with tein springs that would take a bit of tweaking to install.

boost gauge huh? i know what my girl puts out. har har.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

Info much wanted

hmm im looking around to find out how much a Cobb Accessport (thats the part name right) runs are they hard to use?
    and dont worry not overloading at all im loving this but yeah with the fuel system i know injectors control the amount (for the most part) and the spray patern while new rails and lines can get more gas but then dont you have to up grade the sending unit or add an additional pump to get enough gas to flow idk if i missed anything but i have a basic knoledge with it (and if you dont want to explain any of that its fine) oh the filter do those need to get upgraded?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.