---<{{{The Official Wagon Thread}}}>--- - Page 70
Page 70 of 133 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1985

This is a discussion on ---<{{{The Official Wagon Thread}}}>--- within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by redheadfred way to use sanfilippo as your backdrop hahah yups, good ol' san flip...just got out of ...

Quote Originally Posted by redheadfred
    way to use sanfilippo as your backdrop
    hahah yups, good ol' san flip...just got out of the gym and decided to take a couple more pics of the wagon. how's ur wagon coming along?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RMD484
    hahah yups, good ol' san flip...just got out of the gym and decided to take a couple more pics of the wagon. how's ur wagon coming along?
    heh, slowly. Too much work! But I'm getting some tint finally on the 25th. Then the other stuff can finally begin.

Did a quick photoshoot with my buddy who has a black STI, we're getting better shots soon...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00962s.jpg  

PLEASE HELP! 05 WRX Wagon front clip...

Hi guys! First time posting on this site!

I have tried to search the site for an answer to this, but have turned up nothing.

I DESPERATELY want to convert my stock 05 WRX Wagon front clip to the full round rally lights. What's the easiest route here? I'm guessing installing an STi front bumper...but I really need advice!

Thanks in advance!

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Are you wanting to convert your 05 to a "bugeye" (02/03)? If so it's a fair amount of $- you need a bumper cover, grill, fenders and a hood. Or are you talking about something else?

BTW welcome aboard and congrats on picking a wagon
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Nah...not convert to the full bugeye...but just the front driving lamps (like KillRobot's look on his 04). I want the full size rally lights...and STi lamp covers. Part of the problem I'm having is learning the terminology...front clip, bumper, front lip, etc...

Thanks for the welcome Big Sky! I have enjoyed your posts on here for while, but just not got around to registering. I have been driving my Rex a lot! I bought it last July (just went by 1 year anni.) and I have put 36000 miles on it! And loved every one.

When I bought a new car last year, there was no doubt what I wanted. I was currently driving a 1991 Loyale Wagon which had 173000 on the odometer (113000 I put on!) and had owned a 1987 Loyale Wagon before (carbed...you could smoke a cigarette in the time it took to get to 60mph).

Loved my Roo wagons..and they were a necessity as I lived in WV (snow/ice + 2000lb, rear wheel drive, with fast road tires = quick reflexes) and had MGBs my whole life. Have owned/restored/built a 1970MGB, 72, 76 Triumph TR6, and currently a 1969 MGB (.40+ pistons, Crane Cams, twin HS6 carbs, Stebro Exhaust, Pertronix Elec. Ignition, Mallory Dist...lots of goodies).

Have spent lots of time modding and running my migbees in SCCA and now that I have a shiny new (well...broken in now!) 05 Plat Silver WRX Wagon...I'm ready to start on it! (Plus my wife will only let me do so much to her 2001 Miata).

Plans are for:
    GET THESE DRIVING LIGHTS CHANGED!
    Invidia Up Pipe
    Cobb Down Pipe
    Suby Short-throw shifter
    Perrin end links (Cobb sways in the future)
    Rota 17"s (Have Proxe's now on stocks)
    ProDrive Springs
    and Vishnu Mapping system

I Support ClubWRX
    OK- you can upgrade to the larger jdm fogs- like so

The kit comes w/ new brackets/hardware, the lamps and new (oe match painted) surrounds. Gruppe-S sells the kits. One catch to use this kit you have to cut a portion of your front bumper beam (to make room for the bigger lamps)- or you can buy a jdm bumper beam which means no cutting (and a nice 15 lbs drop in weight off of the front end )

Or you can purchase just the larger surrounds (I think) and then mount in aftermarket larger lamps- this might require fabbing up some brackets, possible slight trimming of the surrounds (if the sizes are slightly different) and possibly a little beefing up of the wiring if you go to mpre than 55 watt lamps.

The jdm fog lamp kit (w/ the addition of the jdm bumper beam) is plug and play- aftermarket lamps will require a little more work.

The STi fog lamp covers are a very simple plug and play- just pull out your oe surrounds and clip the new ones in- 60 second swap You can do the same thing w/ the jdm ones as well- pop out the surrounds and pop in the covers- obviously w/ the covers in the lights are unavailable, but if your driving rough roads or just don't want to chance getting a rock they work very well.

Mahhhhhhvelous! Just what I needed!

Cheers!

anyone know if anyone makes a widebody kit for wagons?

I Support ClubWRX
    front wide body is easy- sedan fenders-just bolt on rear would be much more dfficult- don't know of any personally, but there may be one out there

how much would it cost to get a shop to custom fab one?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX
    front wide body is easy- sedan fenders-just bolt on rear would be much more dfficult- don't know of any personally, but there may be one out there
    hold up, dont u have to also buy the front bumper off a sedan?

I Support ClubWRX
    I saw one wagon that had sedan front fenders and then he had someone custom the rear flares- the fenders are pretty inexpensive. I think he had a couple of grand into the rear work

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by danscoobywagon
    hold up, dont u have to also buy the front bumper off a sedan?
    Woops- you are correct- bumper cover (the actual bumper is the same)- they are pretty reasonable as well. Front is most doable- the rear????

i wish i had the money to get the apr widebody kit and have a bunch of custom work on the rear to make it work.
    that'd be one of a kind right there
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

thanks also are there any aftermarket tail lights available for the wagon. that is the only thing that i sometimes dont really like about the wagon. not to many exterior parts for it and the sedan and wagon are similar but most parts dont fit each other.