---<{{{The Official Wagon Thread}}}>--- - Page 64
+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 133 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on ---<{{{The Official Wagon Thread}}}>--- within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm Planning on doing in the near future: Turbo Upgrade, STi Intercoler, Unichip engine management system, Turbo Back (Quite as ...

I'm Planning on doing in the near future: Turbo Upgrade, STi Intercoler, Unichip engine management system, Turbo Back (Quite as I can find) Stealth Twin Tip Exhaust Upgrade. Balance Engine Manifold to balance temps and pressure on the boxter 4-cyn. Complete Dirt driving Pacage --> Mud Flaps, Skid plates and diff covers.
    Finally my last thing is to get a Steel Cage for Racing Belts and maybe even a full roll bar system Certified by applicable Rally Circuit.

Okay well then...

Yeah i full expected Turbo upgrade NOS, you name it. You have a good start but Caps (Silver and Red) wire management, 12v line with Fuse for Rear Sub Amp (Alpine V12), is very basic. CAI isnt bad but not really good on a close to stock car. Engine mounts are a great start! and strut tower braces.

I dont think you want a unichip (old and not made anymore). Do you mean Balance engine manifold = equal length header? pros and cons to that too.

Start with the stickies on the boards like: Engine Performance FAQ [[[READ ME]]]

Looks like you really need to ask alot of questions and read some more... But great start!

Here is a list of my car and I'm only stage 2.
    Engine Mods: Custom Grounding Mod, Gruppe-s Turbo Heat Shield, ECUtek Reflash (Kingpin tuned), K&N Drop-in Filter, Bosal Divorced Waste Gate Down Pipe, Helix Flex Up Pipe, Greddy EVO2 Catback, Silencer Elbow Delete

Suspension & Drivetrain: 24mm Whiteline Rear Sway Bar, Whiteline Heavy Duty RSB Mounts, Perrin Rear Endlinks, Front Strut Tower Bar, Rear Strut Tower Bar, H-brace

Exterior: Limo Tint 5%, Debadged Rear Hatch, Steel Grey Rota Torques w/ 235/40-17 tires

Interior: Autometer Dual Pod Bezel, Autometer Sport-Comp Boost Gauge, Autometer Sport-Comp Voltmeter Gauge, MOMO Shift Knob, Forester Din Pocket, Armrest Extension, Matching WRB Child Car Seat, JDM Broadway Mirror

Audio & Entertainment: Kenwood KDC-MP828 Head Unit, Kenwood SIR-KEN1 Sirius Module, Rockford Fosgate Punch 100dsm Amplifier, Pioneer TS-W256C 10" SVC Subwoofer, Custom 10" Subwoofer Box
    05 4EAT WRX Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikelv
    I dont think you want a unichip (old and not made anymore).
    Not true. But good advice nonetheless.

(here's the only company that I know is still selling them: http://www.ipdusa.com/ProductsCat.as...76&RootID=1414 , there may be others)

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    Wow, that's a lot "under the hood" there satan beast monster.

+1
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

Quote Originally Posted by Thormix
    To answer you wuestion: It is all under the hood! :-)
    Total stock on the outside. Oh and I added a true Momo 5 speed sifter knob to Match the WRX Momo Wheel. Not the Subaru Momo Shifter but the expensive 5 hex alan kind w/ leaher on the top and milled alum. on the bottom half.

Under the hood I have done (so far): Ingen "Top of the Line" Cold Air intake system (silver), silicone hosing (silver), Caps (Silver and Red) wire management, 12v line with Fuse for Rear Sub Amp (Alpine V12), STI rally car engine/trans mount kit, STI Group F/R Strut Braces.

I'm Planning on doing in the near future: Turbo Upgrade, STi Intercoler, Unichip engine management system, Turbo Back (Quite as I can find) Stealth Twin Tip Exhaust Upgrade. Balance Engine Manifold to balance temps and pressure on the boxter 4-cyn. Complete Dirt driving Pacage --> Mud Flaps, Skid plates and diff covers.
    Finally my last thing is to get a Steel Cage for Racing Belts and maybe even a full roll bar system Certified by applicable Rally Circuit.
    Anything I am missing? I want it to look as stock as possible to the outside viewing eye but drive like a fuc k'in race devil son of Satan Monster!! hehe
    Peace
    -Thromix-

hey man, i'm just curious...but didn't you say that you already had the sti i/c, unichip, and "Stealth Twin Tip Exhaust Upgrade"?

2) Best Chip/Computer for Engine Management System on the market. Unichip in right now, but I think that it is underperforming. It was recommended by a vet racer however I have nothing to compare my results against.
    I have a Street Cat Back right now with a stealth muffler twin tip very small increase in db of engine @ most RPM levels.
    Bigger hood scoop for my current STi Turbo Intercooler Upgrade? Yes/No? Will it really make a noticeable diff in engine/turbo temp?
    seriously dude, you will find just about everything you need to know it the FAQ threads also the search button is ur friend. good luck. nice wagon BTW.

pics that I've been meaning to post

read the plate frame

the plumbing

Last edited by hellafastWRX; 05-13-2006 at 12:18 AM.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

oh and here is a movie slideshow that I made of my car from the first day I got it until now and it's evolution into an STi wannabe.

enjoy
    http://www.studiochibi.com/hellafast/wrx.wmv
    --Chris

LISC #3

man ur wagon is pure sex. thats a helluva top mount. what kind of power you making? is that ur house!!!!?? if it is, you need to call MTV and tell them you got a real crib for them to see!

Quote Originally Posted by wagontrained
    man ur wagon is pure sex. thats a helluva top mount. what kind of power you making? is that ur house!!!!?? if it is, you need to call MTV and tell them you got a real crib for them to see!

haha thanks dude. I'm putting down around 275-285whp, I'm not sure because I have to get it dyno-tuned still. And I wish that were my house! Its an old estate mansion here in my town from the Vanderbilt era.
    --Chris

LISC #3

Quote Originally Posted by hellafastWRX
    oh and here is a movie slideshow that I made of my car from the first day I got it until now and it's evolution into an STi wannabe.

enjoy
    http://www.studiochibi.com/hellafast/wrx.wmv
    Cool Slide show. I really like your Tire/Rim & Break setup. Very hot and I am sure improved performance. Nice. I don't see too many Black Sport Wagons in my area was it hard to find the Stock car u wanted when you started this project? Dealer or Private Party when you bought it?

Who takes your pics when you are draggin? Great angle(s).

Quote Originally Posted by hellafastWRX
    hey man, i'm just curious...but didn't you say that you already had the sti i/c, unichip, and "Stealth Twin Tip Exhaust Upgrade"?
    Sorry man I am a bit of a compulsive liar (I know it is a character flow but WTF I am still a good guy). I tend to mix my wanted changes, with my current setup in my own mind. When I set my mind on a mod I can visualize it in such detail the I tend to trick my subconscious into all the possible race scenarios and the Pluses and Minuses of the needed work(s) to be done.

My intention was not to be dishonest, but I was, and for that I apologize. I am not here to brag or boast either, nevertheless I am here to get others opinions of the validity and quality of WRX aftermarket upgrades both STi/SPT and non-Fuji Heavy Industries Parts/Kits. I am new to this forum, yet I have been building and racing since I was <14 yr old and have progressed from RC cars (Toys for Boys) at 8+ to working on all types of Street and Rally Setup for pleasure at age 29 (Toys 4 Big Boys – hehe).

This is my current setup on my silver 04 WRX Momo Impreza Sport Wagon:

Under the hood I have done (so far): Ingen "Top of the Line" Cold Air intake system (silver), silicone hosing (silver/red), Caps (Silver and Red) wire management, Monster Fuse 12v line with 40amp Fuse for Rear Sub Amp (Alpine V12), STI rally car engine/trans mount kit {lie but herd this is worth it for Rally stabilizing of Engine and Trans for rough terrain} , STI Group F/R Strut Braces (IP- In Progress).

{This statement is still accurate!} I'm Planning on doing in the near future: Turbo Upgrade, STi Intercoler, Unichip {or better} engine management system, Turbo Back (Quite as I can find) Stealth Twin Tip Exhaust Upgrade. Balance Engine Manifold to balance temps and pressure on the boxter 4-cyn. Complete Dirt driving Package --> Mud Flaps, Skid plates and diff covers.
    Anything I am missing? I want it to look as stock as possible to the outside viewing eye but drive like a fuc k'in race devil son of Satan Monster!! hehe
    Peace
    -Thromix-

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Wow, the way you were talking I thought you had a 400hp car or something. You're pretty much stock, engine-wise.
    I don't mean that to offend; I would just be careful talking it up around here as if you have a lot of engine mods or something.

I want to make a good first impression on the ClubWRX Site (found while searching for upgraded turbo specs) Info Swapping forum and I would like to say that I am sorry if I came across as a cocky SOB, that was not at all my intentions.

RayfieldsWRX.>>> 400hp would be f'n great I am @ approx 235-239hp right now and lookin completely stock to the untrained eye. My conservative goal is 300hp with much improved 0 to 60 times and torque but more significantly a good off road (Rally) and Road Course Race platform. Performance over raw speed and muscle car drag times always, it’s a Subaru right! I know that a Subaru will never compete with a GTO or Mustang Supercharged V8 on the D.Strip and I don't care. Once they chase me into the back woods they will only see my 4WD tail lights for the remainder of the race (if they see me at all)
    If I had unlimited funds (ie won the lotto and could work full time at my racin hobbie with lots of scratch $) I would go the extra mile with parts & tuning setting up my goal for 350-425hp and maybe adding a new Transmission and a rebuilt aluminum engine block, etc etc the sky would be the limit.

So I am going to take some under the hood pics of current work and catalogal all my before and afters of any new work done to my ride and post them here for peer review lol The Next few wks after I get the Car Detailed I will get them started and uploaded to my WInServer and I will make a .wma slidehow, in the near future, if I have a free second like the beautiful one hellafastWRX made. Thanks

Safe Racing this wkend to all.
    -Thormix-

Note To System Moderator: you really would benefit from some race inspired Smile’s added to your board software and the ability to put pics in your sig file. (i.e. smile and checkered flag, smile with wrench, smile and drivin wheel, smile getting in a wrench, smile jackin up a car, smile in the pits, you get the idea right?)
    Last edited by Thormix; 10-31-2006 at 02:23 PM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanf2
    Jamie,

I love your wagon! Looks damn good!

thanks!!! he's been a great car, considering what i put him through....

he's hella reliable!!!

full gallery: http://www.subiegal.com/gallerymain/gallery.html

Jamie

Just dropped mine off at the tint shop. Should have some new pics to post this afternoon!

Quote Originally Posted by Thormix
    Cool Slide show. I really like your Tire/Rim & Break setup. Very hot and I am sure improved performance. Nice. I don't see too many Black Sport Wagons in my area was it hard to find the Stock car u wanted when you started this project? Dealer or Private Party when you bought it?

Who takes your pics when you are draggin? Great angle(s).

I found the car in the local paper with 9k miles on it for a very good price. I couldnt turn it down. I origionally wanted a blue one.

The first pic at the track was from the Raceway Park online picture gallery, and the second was my friend who was in the stands.

Thanks for the positive comments guys!
    --Chris

LISC #3

first pics

Alright, well I finally got around to waxing my car, so i figured I'd snap some quick pics.

tint is coming soon...

gotta love fresh wax on black

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice and shiny That's the first time I've noticed they moved the WRX to the opposite side- interesting.
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

I Support ClubWRX
    I finally got rims on the wagon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails car2.JPG  
    Last edited by devilfluff; 08-01-2007 at 07:27 AM.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.