---<{{{The Official Wagon Thread}}}>--- - Page 50
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 133 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on ---<{{{The Official Wagon Thread}}}>--- within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Welcome aboard and congrats on purchasing the right kind of WRX You'll find the wagon is a little ignored when ...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome aboard and congrats on purchasing the right kind of WRX

You'll find the wagon is a little ignored when it comes to body pieces (suspension as well), there are some, but not the plethora enjoyed by the sedan. I'd suggest looking (not necessarily buying) at japanparts.com, gruppe-s, vividracing to see what is out there.

Looking through this thread (there is also a 2004+ wagon thread floating around) should hint at what is avialable.
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt
    That rear waste spoiler WAS made by Razzi. They quit making it because it was of little demand. I was pissed when I heard that, as I was right about to buy one. So, if you have one laying around, PM me.

I say lets all email them and tell them we want them. If the demand is there maybe they will make them again. Sware i would buy one as they were only $200.
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

any ideas how i can get black rear carpet in the trunk as $500 at the dealer for 05 wagon rear is a bit pricy.
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

Quote Originally Posted by hybrid gti 2
    any ideas how i can get black rear carpet in the trunk as $500 at the dealer for 05 wagon rear is a bit pricy.
    I don't really understand why you would want carpet? I bought the rubber cargo mat and I like it a lot. Keeps the back end nice and clean.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Finally, some pics.

Well everyone, I finally got a chance to take some decent pictures and get some web space set up. Here are some pics...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX
    I posted somewhere a techincal link on the air pump-search on my name and air pump.

The STi doesn't "need" it as SOA has elected the STi to have higher emission threshold- that's why they have been w/o a uppipe from the begining (and no air pump). The STi also has no open/closed loop problems like the 04+'s- again the STi is positioned (by SOA) differently than the WRX.

Evidently there rules in place (that I don't undestand) that force manufactuers to have different models comply w/ certain emission standards and only x amount of vehicles or models can occupy the laxer end of the spectrum- SOA chose the STi to fill that end.
    I always thought the STi didn't need the uppipe cat because there was less emissions problems with the 2.5 v. 2.0.

Stupid emissions rules. Probably same reason why diesel trucks can belch all they want while cars are restricted as hell. Here in Colorado, there are almost as many diesel hickup trucks as SUVs, which together as many as cars.
    2005 World Rally Blue WRX Sportwagon
    Biatch totalled my 2002 WRB WRX Sportwagon
    I miss my bugeye.
    Image is nothing, performance is everything. All your rice be ownz by us.
    If you're not going to spend your money on women or alcohol, you might as well spend it on cars.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    Nice rack! ( ) I should be getting my rack tonight and have a couple of quick questions. Are the ends of wheeltrays very close to the spoiler when the gate is up? Also, approximately how long are your wheeltrays from the front bar center to the end? I think mine may be close and wanted to check (my Yakima parts should be sitting at home waiting now for me to get home and install).

-E

Quote Originally Posted by e-man-wrx
    Nice rack! ( ) I should be getting my rack tonight and have a couple of quick questions. Are the ends of wheeltrays very close to the spoiler when the gate is up? Also, approximately how long are your wheeltrays from the front bar center to the end? I think mine may be close and wanted to check (my Yakima parts should be sitting at home waiting now for me to get home and install).

-E
    The trays just barely don't touch the spoiler. I actually had to cut 3" off of the trays to make them fit. This makes mounting a longer bike like a dual suspension a bit difficult, but they will still fit most other bikes just fine. I will take the other measurement soon.

Thumbs up Thanks wagone

Thanks for the info! I was guessing I'd have to cut some off the end as well. Time to play with the parts and compare results.

Red face damn it Subaru

So the '06's have a 2.5L! Hmmmm....guess i'll have to upgrade my wagon power. That burns man.

Quote Originally Posted by e-man-wrx
    Thanks for the info! I was guessing I'd have to cut some off the end as well. Time to play with the parts and compare results.
    How did your install work out?
    Last edited by wrx wagone; 09-28-2005 at 10:21 AM.

wagone: In short, the rack wasn't going to fit with the spoiler. They were fork mounts with the forks mounting just behind the front crossbar, so the rear wheels extend too far back and also would hit the gate. I looked at cutting some of the wheeltrays off, but then it would be too short for the mountain bikes... okay for the road bikes though. It's really too bad because the newer moldel stuff looks awesome!! I'm partial to the fork mounts, but I may have to go with a different style. Btw, which Thule rack is that on yours? I'm normally die-hard Yakima, but the upright look just isn't for me and the fork mount I got is their shortest model.

Yeah man, I always go with the fork mount. The best, safest way to carry a bike. I have this Thule setup:

450 Crossroad Foot, LB50 Load Bars, 590 V2 Trays. The trays are nice cause they have a cutout area for MTB disc brakes. Very nice.

http://thuleracks.com/thule/fg_choic...ption_number=1

For those ppl w/ the STI fender splitters/winglets: when you mounted them, did you cut off the 3 clips on top part of the splitter part or cut 3 slits into the existing fender? this is going to be my one external mod (beside the new bottom rear diffuser if it's not too expensive).

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.