---<{{{The Official Wagon Thread}}}>--- - Page 49
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 133 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on ---<{{{The Official Wagon Thread}}}>--- within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ^^^ That waist spoiler is real nice. That doesn't look like the JDM one, is it?...

^^^ That waist spoiler is real nice. That doesn't look like the JDM one, is it?
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

not JDM - it was on the car when I bought it off the lot, I think it's canadian?

clearer pix of it here --> http://homepage.mac.com/teep/

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

That's cool, I really like it. It adds something nice to that part of the car without being visually obstrusive like the JDM one. Wagon looks real good.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Here is my wagon.

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Looks nice ^ what lip is that?
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Last edited by Oldfart Racer; 09-19-2005 at 02:15 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice- I wish more manufacturers would keep us wagon guys in mind!

I here you Big Sky. I have found only two other lips for the wagon, but this one is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    ^^^ That waist spoiler is real nice. That doesn't look like the JDM one, is it?
    That rear waste spoiler WAS made by Razzi. They quit making it because it was of little demand. I was pissed when I heard that, as I was right about to buy one. So, if you have one laying around, PM me.

some new pictures after clearing my headlights and adding sti fog covers...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX
    AVCS on both, the WRX loses the catted upipe- good, but replace w/ a "air pump"- good or bad don't know??
    How does the air pump work? If the STi doesn't need an uppipe cat, why does the 2.5 WRX need anything to replace it?

Shortly after those '06 pics were posted I got a chance to do a very limited test drive of the '06 wagon. I didn't really get to flog it, but I like the engine much better - almost no lag with much better low and midrange response. Felt the beefier brake calipers immediately - now seem to match the heft of the WRX appropriately. Upon inspecting the engine compartment, I noticed that the winshield fluid resevoir has been relocated towards the front and hidden lower - in it's place is what looks like a plastic turbo? Anybody know what this is? Also the intercooler looks like the one from the Forester XT - smaller front to back (more room between it and the firewall - the engine mount is now very visible), but wider - not sure if the overall capacity is more or less than the '02-05. Anybody with an '06, please take some pics of the engine bay and post so everyone can see what I'm talking about.
    2005 World Rally Blue WRX Sportwagon
    Biatch totalled my 2002 WRB WRX Sportwagon
    I miss my bugeye.
    Image is nothing, performance is everything. All your rice be ownz by us.
    If you're not going to spend your money on women or alcohol, you might as well spend it on cars.

I Support ClubWRX
    I posted somewhere a techincal link on the air pump-search on my name and air pump.

The STi doesn't "need" it as SOA has elected the STi to have higher emission threshold- that's why they have been w/o a uppipe from the begining (and no air pump). The STi also has no open/closed loop problems like the 04+'s- again the STi is positioned (by SOA) differently than the WRX.

The older 02/03's never suffered from the open/closed "delay", because the STi hadn't arrived yet and SOA was able to classify them differently- enter the STi, it bumped the WRX out of it's classification (which the STi then claimed) and they had to add a delay in.

Evidently there rules in place (that I don't undestand) that force manufactuers to have different models comply w/ certain emission standards and only x amount of vehicles or models can occupy the laxer end of the spectrum- SOA chose the STi to fill that end.

Here you go WTypeRogerX. I'll get more angles later and in the sun for more light.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 06 Wagon Engine.jpg  

I Support ClubWRX
    The plastic "turbo" looking affair is the air pump.

New to the wagon scene

After a hard time pinching my pennies over two years, I got my 2004 silver WRX wagon today. How lucky was I to find the exact model I wanted pre-owned. It came from the Tokyo plant (2/04), under 20,000 miles, one owner, cost was under $20 G's. And it was my first day looking. My girl and I just happened to stroll in the lot just to see what they had. perfect timing.

So since I'm new. Where is a good outlet for body kits? I was thinking of a STI, without the decals look.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.