---<{{{The Official Wagon Thread}}}>--- - Page 41
Page 41 of 133 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on ---<{{{The Official Wagon Thread}}}>--- within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by hybrid gti 2 18psi on a stock turbo? thats unheard of unless your spiking. max is 16.5 ...

Quote Originally Posted by hybrid gti 2
    18psi on a stock turbo? thats unheard of unless your spiking. max is 16.5 with stock turbo. Unless you bov is miss adjusted and then you would her a pigon bird sound as your waste gate is fluttering, which is not good.
    Actually, the stock turbo is quite capable of running 18psi. It's not there very long before it starts tapering though. Just in the mid range, where it's good and safe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

how so unless you modify the wastegate spring?
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

Quote Originally Posted by hybrid gti 2
    how so unless you modify the wastegate spring?
    Because the EcuTek can control the boost targets and the wastegate duty cycle based on RPM and throttle position.

http://www.isrperformance.com/ecutek.htm

oh ok thanx for sharing that as that is my next step with stage 4. I did not know that.
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

Oh yeah she loves 18psi almost as much as I do. I was told from reliable people that the maximum safe boost for a stock turbo is 18psi. I've accidentally spiked at 22psi at one time when I was adjusting my boost, it was crazy how much faster my car felt.....then fuel shut off and engine light goes on . Too bad my car would explode if I left it at 22. Now that I have EM I'm running 18psi to the floor all day with no worries.
    TINA..... come eat your ham!!!

04 white wrx wagon stage 2.5

makes me wonder what a vf23 with ecutec and a custum tune will do
    2002 wagon 83k miles

Racenut3.0 - said

ecutek stage 2
    cusco zero2R...thats right
    perrin rear sway bar
    perrin gauge pod with defi imperial egt and boost gauge
    18" rota tarmac II gunmetallic wrapped with 215/40/18 pzero nero m+s
    red subaru 4 pot front brakes...carbontech race pads
    invidia uppipe, V.1 dp, catback...invidia fukin rocks
    gfb bov 50/50

the cuscos rock. very solid. damper set on 3 and my girlfriend wasnt complaining...neither was i. its been raining so i was pushing the limits of my tires on wet pavement...so give me a few days and time to get some S-03PP again, and then i will give a good dry review. a few things i noticed. i love the feedback the response. the feeling that the car is part of me. i feel like im driving a street worthy race car. its eliminated the lofty feel i always complain about. i cant wait for march 3 i think for my first track day.

knowing i dialed in my suspension, installed it, and watched em corner balance...it is a very rewarding, a good feeling when i drive.
    wagon...thats right

My TS conversion

A few pics of my transformation

I have a question, but sort of 2.

How would you guys think a black WRX would look with 5% tint all around, 17x7.5 Rota Torque's that are flat black, wrapped in 225/45/17's, and HR Springs, would look?

and also, do you think that drive that car hard would cause any tire rub with those rims(even though the springs would significantly stiffen it)?

Also, do you think i could go 235's/45, and go without rubbing(with the HR springs)

thanks

-dan
    sticky-Flo.com
    Proud Member of the "Ran From a Cop and Got Away" Club(x6)
    Mods:Special Tint that adds 45hp to each wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by spiffman
    I have a question, but sort of 2.

How would you guys think a black WRX would look with 5% tint all around, 17x7.5 Rota Torque's that are flat black, wrapped in 225/45/17's, and HR Springs, would look?

and also, do you think that drive that car hard would cause any tire rub with those rims(even though the springs would significantly stiffen it)?

Also, do you think i could go 235's/45, and go without rubbing(with the HR springs)

thanks

-dan
    First of all... I personally think it would be too much black, but that is just me. I would want to break it up a bit, like gunmetal or hyperblack.

The 225/45s would definitely NOT rub on 17 x 7.5s, but I don't know about the 235s. I have 18 x 7.5 on the car above with 225/40/18s with NO rubbing.... and I drive it hard in the corners. Tanabe wagon springs and Progress 24mm rear sway bar.
    Last edited by BoneCake; 03-07-2005 at 05:57 AM.

225/45/17 "Will" difinitely RUB coz i got them on, stick with 215/45/17......
    ......W...............R.................X.......
    ********W***a****G****o*****N*******

IHIVF22: PWR Radiator:Pulley: MRT top mount intercooler:
    Ecutek:GTspec headers-UpPipe:
    STI Injectors: Walbro Fuel Pump:
    ACT clutch /Flywheel:Tein Basic:
    Brembo-BBk:MotoforgeWheels:

but when you guys get 'rub', how are you driving when you get it? because i push my cars as hard as possible.

I know that they way i drive, 18's would be too big and i would most definetly get rub, so i know i must settle for 17's, plus 18's would slow me down more. So i will settle for 17x7.5's, i just need to know how much rub should i expect with those rims, and HR springs, along with 225/45-17, i wouldnt mind doing 215's, but i much rather go 225.

lemme know, thanks.

-dan
    sticky-Flo.com
    Proud Member of the "Ran From a Cop and Got Away" Club(x6)
    Mods:Special Tint that adds 45hp to each wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by damnwrx
    225/45/17 "Will" difinitely RUB coz i got them on, stick with 215/45/17......

Do you have Rota Torques? Maybe the offset is different on your wheels, hence the rub.

Got the Motoforge rims 7.5 fits perfectly fine but, the moment you start speeding away and hit a bump or turns that's when you'll know......
    ......W...............R.................X.......
    ********W***a****G****o*****N*******

IHIVF22: PWR Radiator:Pulley: MRT top mount intercooler:
    Ecutek:GTspec headers-UpPipe:
    STI Injectors: Walbro Fuel Pump:
    ACT clutch /Flywheel:Tein Basic:
    Brembo-BBk:MotoforgeWheels:

My 2005 wagon with 18" Enkei RPM2's.

The tires are Falken azenis ST-115 225/40R18.

So much better than the stock 16"!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails car curbside.jpg   Car side.jpg   car streetside.jpg   wheel.jpg