Subaru WRX Forum banner

---<{{{The Official Wagon Thread}}}>---

712K views 2K replies 415 participants last post by  smorris 
#1 ·
The Offical Wagon Thread

We need this thread to post pictures and talk about cool wagons
...........so if you love wagons and need a place to hang out and talk about wagons to other wagon enthusiests, THis is the place!!!:cool:

I'll get things started with some of my favorite pictures

get ready for the ultimate in my wagon picture collection.

vivid racings car I belive

a real nice blue one

the most bad a$$ silver one I have ever seen

not a wrx but still one of the niceest wagons ever!!!!

I'd like to see more pics of this one, post e'm if you got e'm

and of course mine

See less See more
#953 ·
wagontrained said:
man ur wagon is pure sex.:D thats a helluva top mount. what kind of power you making? is that ur house!!!!??:whoa: if it is, you need to call MTV and tell them you got a real crib for them to see!:D

haha thanks dude. I'm putting down around 275-285whp, I'm not sure because I have to get it dyno-tuned still. And I wish that were my house! Its an old estate mansion here in my town from the Vanderbilt era.

#954 · (Edited)
hellafastWRX said:
oh and here is a movie slideshow that I made of my car from the first day I got it until now and it's evolution into an STi wannabe.

enjoy
http://www.studiochibi.com/hellafast/wrx.wmv
Cool Slide show. I really like your Tire/Rim & Break setup. Very hot and I am sure improved performance. Nice. I don't see too many Black Sport Wagons in my area was it hard to find the Stock car u wanted when you started this project? Dealer or Private Party when you bought it?

Who takes your pics when you are draggin? Great angle(s).

hellafastWRX said:
hey man, i'm just curious...but didn't you say that you already had the sti i/c, unichip, and "Stealth Twin Tip Exhaust Upgrade"?
Sorry man I am a bit of a compulsive liar (I know it is a character flow but WTF I am still a good guy). I tend to mix my wanted changes, with my current setup in my own mind. When I set my mind on a mod I can visualize it in such detail the I tend to trick my subconscious into all the possible race scenarios and the Pluses and Minuses of the needed work(s) to be done.

My intention was not to be dishonest, but I was, and for that I apologize. I am not here to brag or boast either, nevertheless I am here to get others opinions of the validity and quality of WRX aftermarket upgrades both STi/SPT and non-Fuji Heavy Industries Parts/Kits. I am new to this forum, yet I have been building and racing since I was <14 yr old and have progressed from RC cars (Toys for Boys) at 8+ to working on all types of Street and Rally Setup for pleasure at age 29 (Toys 4 Big Boys – hehe).

This is my current setup on my silver 04 WRX Momo Impreza Sport Wagon:

Under the hood I have done (so far): Ingen "Top of the Line" Cold Air intake system (silver), silicone hosing (silver/red), Caps (Silver and Red) wire management, Monster Fuse 12v line with 40amp Fuse for Rear Sub Amp (Alpine V12), STI rally car engine/trans mount kit {lie but herd this is worth it for Rally stabilizing of Engine and Trans for rough terrain} , STI Group F/R Strut Braces (IP- In Progress).

{This statement is still accurate!} I'm Planning on doing in the near future: Turbo Upgrade, STi Intercoler, Unichip {or better} engine management system, Turbo Back (Quite as I can find) Stealth Twin Tip Exhaust Upgrade. Balance Engine Manifold to balance temps and pressure on the boxter 4-cyn. Complete Dirt driving Package --> Mud Flaps, Skid plates and diff covers.
Finally my last thing is to get a Steel Cage for Racing Belts and maybe even a full roll bar system Certified by applicable Rally Circuit.
Anything I am missing? I want it to look as stock as possible to the outside viewing eye but drive like a fuc k'in race devil son of Satan Monster!! hehe
Peace
-Thromix-

RayfieldsWRX said:
Wow, the way you were talking I thought you had a 400hp car or something. You're pretty much stock, engine-wise.
I don't mean that to offend; I would just be careful talking it up around here as if you have a lot of engine mods or something.
I want to make a good first impression on the ClubWRX Site (found while searching for upgraded turbo specs) Info Swapping forum and I would like to say that I am sorry if I came across as a cocky SOB, that was not at all my intentions.

RayfieldsWRX.>>> 400hp would be f'n great I am @ approx 235-239hp right now and lookin completely stock to the untrained eye. My conservative goal is 300hp with much improved 0 to 60 times and torque but more significantly a good off road (Rally) and Road Course Race platform. Performance over raw speed and muscle car drag times always, it’s a Subaru right! I know that a Subaru will never compete with a GTO or Mustang Supercharged V8 on the D.Strip and I don't care. Once they chase me into the back woods they will only see my 4WD tail lights for the remainder of the race (if they see me at all) :D
If I had unlimited funds (ie won the lotto and could work full time at my racin hobbie with lots of scratch $) I would go the extra mile with parts & tuning setting up my goal for 350-425hp and maybe adding a new Transmission and a rebuilt aluminum engine block, etc etc the sky would be the limit.

So I am going to take some under the hood pics of current work and catalogal all my before and afters of any new work done to my ride and post them here for peer review lol The Next few wks after I get the Car Detailed I will get them started and uploaded to my WInServer and I will make a .wma slidehow, in the near future, if I have a free second like the beautiful one hellafastWRX made. Thanks

Safe Racing this wkend to all.
-Thormix-

Note To System Moderator: you really would benefit from some race inspired Smile’s added to your board software and the ability to put pics in your sig file. (i.e. smile and checkered flag, smile with wrench, smile and drivin wheel, smile getting in a wrench, smile jackin up a car, smile in the pits, you get the idea right?)

#957 ·
Thormix said:
Cool Slide show. I really like your Tire/Rim & Break setup. Very hot and I am sure improved performance. Nice. I don't see too many Black Sport Wagons in my area was it hard to find the Stock car u wanted when you started this project? Dealer or Private Party when you bought it?

Who takes your pics when you are draggin? Great angle(s).

I found the car in the local paper with 9k miles on it for a very good price. I couldnt turn it down. I origionally wanted a blue one.

The first pic at the track was from the Raceway Park online picture gallery, and the second was my friend who was in the stands.

Thanks for the positive comments guys!

#964 · (Edited)
wagontrained said:
nice wagon dude. what do you have suspension wise? any other mods?
Suspension mods are: H&R Coilovers and Front & Rear STI Strut bars...
As far as engine, just a Borla Hush Catback... just waiting for the warr I have to run out for stage II ;)
Mild brake upgrades are due in the very near future- Ferodo 2500 pads all around w/ Stainless Steel lines and upgraded fluid...
This summer a derailment is also planned :D

fahren said:
what size wheel/rims are those?
17x7.5 STi BBS takeoffs w/ 225/45/17 tires :)

wrx wagone said:
Lookin' good with the wheels Mr. Fluff!!
Grazi

#976 ·
03wagon said:
nice...i like your sedan front end. what's up with the non-matching wheels on the track? were you trying to get the back end to step out a little?
i like the sedan front at first glance but hte more i look at it i'm not sure. nice wagon though to be sure.

i was thinking the same thing about the rears.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.