Subaru WRX Forum banner

---<{{{The Official Wagon Thread}}}>---

712K views 2K replies 415 participants last post by  smorris 
#1 ·
The Offical Wagon Thread

We need this thread to post pictures and talk about cool wagons
...........so if you love wagons and need a place to hang out and talk about wagons to other wagon enthusiests, THis is the place!!!:cool:

I'll get things started with some of my favorite pictures

get ready for the ultimate in my wagon picture collection.

vivid racings car I belive

a real nice blue one

the most bad a$$ silver one I have ever seen

not a wrx but still one of the niceest wagons ever!!!!

I'd like to see more pics of this one, post e'm if you got e'm

and of course mine

See less See more
#903 ·
Loooooong story. I had an '02 sedan, stage 4, sold it...had another car for a while...sold it...then decided I was a Subie guy afterall, and found a wagon for the practicality. :)

#905 ·
the mike said:
I know the feeling. Former sedan owner, then the EVO, now the wagon.
You had a minivan, right?:rotfl: ;)
No "I" didn't have a minivan. My wife had one. Shutup, you.

Actually, that Toyota van was an excellent vehicle. It got better mileage than some of the WRX's on this board, could haul anything, gave you space so that you didn't have to hear the kids screaming in your ears, etc. Sadly, the wife wrecked it...

#910 ·
I was just rewatching the video(I like the song:p ) and it looks like I spend a lot of time in the dirt. Apparently I only film when I am off-road. I wish there were more Sunday Auto-X's around me. Stupid Saturday work....

#912 ·
wrx wagone said:
Looks great Ray! I really like this picture.
You'll like the PolTec endlinks, especially with that large Cobb bar.
What are you going to get for wheels and tires? :D
Thanks!
No changes on wheels in the short term. The stockers are nice and light.
I'm open to recommendations on tires, which I hope to buy in 3-4 weeks. I've looked at Kumho Ecstas, which seem to be reasonably priced. Do you have an opinion?

#913 ·
RayfieldsWRX said:
Thanks!
No changes on wheels in the short term. The stockers are nice and light.
I'm open to recommendations on tires, which I hope to buy in 3-4 weeks. I've looked at Kumho Ecstas, which seem to be reasonably priced. Do you have an opinion?
Do you want to stay with the stock tire size, or go to the 225/50/16?

Would you like more of an all season tire than an all out performance tire?

#914 ·
wrx wagone said:
Do you want to stay with the stock tire size, or go to the 225/50/16?

Would you like more of an all season tire than an all out performance tire?
I was thinking of going more towards the performance end of the spectrum, and it would be nice to go to the 225's, as long as everything will fit in the wheelwells okay...

#915 ·
wrx wagone said:
There was one yesterday in Warminster.
Crap, that was yesterday. Of course I had to neet the closing lawyer on my refinance. Dang it.

The stockers may be light, but they aren't very wide and the wagon is even narrower than the sedan. Upgrading to STi BBS's and 235's made a HUGE difference in how the car sticks.:rotfl:

#916 ·
wrx wagone said:
Looks great Ray! I really like this picture.

You'll like the PolTec endlinks, especially with that large Cobb bar.

What are you going to get for wheels and tires? :D
Agreed - the best of the pics. Great shine!

Do you still have the stock front end links? Aren't they on the wimpy side on wagons?

#918 ·
04.SPT.WRX said:
Do you still have the stock front end links? Aren't they on the wimpy side on wagons?
Indeed they are. I think the wagon's are plastic, as opposed to the sedan's. I'll get around to them eventually...

#925 ·
jonathanf2 said:
Big Sky, your wagon rocks!

What rim/tire size are you running by the way?
Thanks

They're TE's 16x7.5 wrapped w/ 225/50/16 S02's- the S02's are the oe S2000 rear fitment- they're kind of neat as Honda evidently spec'd them very close to 245 width :)
They make also make a Porsche oe S02 in the exact same size-225/50/16, but it's not as wide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.