Subaru WRX Forum banner

---<{{{The Official Wagon Thread}}}>---

712K views 2K replies 415 participants last post by  smorris 
#1 ·
The Offical Wagon Thread

We need this thread to post pictures and talk about cool wagons
...........so if you love wagons and need a place to hang out and talk about wagons to other wagon enthusiests, THis is the place!!!:cool:

I'll get things started with some of my favorite pictures

get ready for the ultimate in my wagon picture collection.

vivid racings car I belive

a real nice blue one

the most bad a$$ silver one I have ever seen

not a wrx but still one of the niceest wagons ever!!!!

I'd like to see more pics of this one, post e'm if you got e'm

and of course mine

See less See more
#702 ·
I beleive they are the new 4 pot brakes. Don't know the mfg, but they have Subaru painted on them.

I can't believe no one has noticed my coworkers white '06 STI in the background ;)

I hated the front end in the pictures I saw early this year. Then I saw them in person and loved them! I have always been a fan of the wagon, but now there was no question.

#703 ·
The brakes are FHI four/two pots that the rest of the world has been getting for years- we are just catching up :)

e-man- first welcome aboard! Second can I ask you a favor- I've got a spec sheet that says the rear lateral links have been upgraded to aluminum for the 06- unfortunately I am getting conflicting info on this (could be that the sedan upgraded the wagon did not?)

Anyways if you could take a magnet (any size) and put it up to the most rearward lateral link (there are two lateral links/side in the rear of the suspension- the rearward one is the one the rear sway bar is attached to via a link on each side they run perpendicular to the vehicle)

If the magnet sticks it's steel, if it doesn't they are aluminum. BTW you can test the front lateral links and you'll see those are indeed aluminum :)

Thanks

#704 ·
J.D. said:
Is that the Ti with the Brembo Brake option? What other options does it include that the 05 didn't?
That's the stock brakes. 4pot fronts, 2pot rears and vented rear rotors. And they come with 17's standard now too. Not to mention the 2.5 liter semi closed deck, AVCS, and a slew of other upgrades that already have me turning green with envy!

#705 ·
2.5L mmmmmm

#706 · (Edited)
I still can't believe they wen't to a 2.5 and I haven't heard a peep about it in any of the major car rags. I guess I'll have to check them out at the dealer next time I go.

I like the headlights, air dam, and painted brakes. Still mixed on the 3 piece grill, but it's not as hideous as the Tribecca with Chrysler wings. Don't like them going back to blingy/tacky silver wheels, but I like single spoke better than double (easier to clean and hopefully stronger). Of course wheels are easily replaceable. Looks like the tail lights may be swappable with '04/05s if you don't like Altezza ricyness. Also noticed they moved the WRX badge from rear left to right.

AVCS now on the WRX as well as STi??

Is the STi scoop still bigger than the WRX's? Maybe it's because it's so far away, but the '06 STi scoop appears smaller than yours.

What's the sticker on them now?

Big Sky, I thought they went to aluminum rear lateral links on the '05s. I guess I have to do the magnet test on mine.

#707 ·
front links to aluminum in 05 (Saab 92X as well).

Yes the 06 STi scoop is now smaller- the 04/05 were a tad large IMO

AVCS on both, the WRX loses the catted upipe- good, but replace w/ a "air pump"- good or bad don't know??

Those aren't just painted calipers they are the FHi four pots/two pots- substantial upgrade form the 02+'s.

#710 ·
e-man-wrx said:
Big Sky: The rearmost lateral links are steel.

Also, for those interested, I'll measure the hood scoops back to back (wagon vs STI) at work on Tuesday for an exact difference.
Thank you sir- not what I was hoping for for, but good to know.

I've actually got a way to still get aluminum lateral links front (already have) and rear :D

#719 ·
KGAWDTSi said:
I love the sedan fenders on teh wagons
+1.. definately gonna be my first body mod

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.