Subaru WRX Forum banner

---<{{{The Official Wagon Thread}}}>---

712K views 2K replies 415 participants last post by  smorris 
#1 ·
The Offical Wagon Thread

We need this thread to post pictures and talk about cool wagons
...........so if you love wagons and need a place to hang out and talk about wagons to other wagon enthusiests, THis is the place!!!:cool:

I'll get things started with some of my favorite pictures

get ready for the ultimate in my wagon picture collection.

vivid racings car I belive

a real nice blue one

the most bad a$$ silver one I have ever seen

not a wrx but still one of the niceest wagons ever!!!!

I'd like to see more pics of this one, post e'm if you got e'm

and of course mine

See less See more
#428 ·
2002 wrx wagon

my two cents: here is a pic of my 3week old rex wagon.

plus i have a question, i am interested in getting the aem cold air intake, blue, but i found random stuff saying that the aem wont fit in a wagon unless you get a special CAI? whats the deal?

i found a guy here selling one for 100bucks and am thinking about it.

sorry if this question is in the wrong thread, i just know that all these wagon lovers might have a saying it in! thanks again!
<---- newbie

Attachments

#430 ·
yeah, getting a CAI is sort of pointless. Cold air + hot turbo = not much of a difference. The real performance gains come from using a bigger intercooler to cool the charge before it gets into the cylinders.

#431 ·
yeah thanks for the response, i am also planning on other things as well, but this could be the start, I live out in AZ so the air is hot anyways lol
i was thinking of going with a scooby sport exhaust system w/ hks bov. and the "cold" air intake could wrap up the semi mods that i want to do.

the previous owner already did his own mod to the intake by cutting off the air intake right at the box filter and fitted a pvc pipe into the engine compartment, to make the air travel distance less. still have the stock air intake that sits at the front to gather air, just now it dumps into the wheel well and then the pvc pipe gathers the "lose" air.

I hope that isnt too confusing

#432 ·
sweet! I have been meaning to take pics. maybe this weekend.
mods so far

sterio
tape/changer
infinity speakers and tweeters
480 sony amp

dash mat with same material as seat sides
fog covers
hks air filter
sti rad cap
tint
boost gauge - not installed yet
floor mats - not here just yet
twin gauge setup for speedo section - needing gauges

not to bad for 6 weeks & $7k down

#433 ·
Aronicon said:
i was thinking of going with a scooby sport exhaust system w/ hks bov. and the "cold" air intake could wrap up the semi mods that i want to do.
A BOV and intake are probably the worst (or most useless) mods you can do at this point. You appear to be new around here, so we'll let it slide. ;) Stick with the exhaust mods first, dowpipe/turboback, uppipe, then maybe replace the IC hoses with some Samcos, and get some engine management - UTEC, ECUtek reflash, Cobb AcessPort/AcessECU. Those will make you some nice power. :D

#435 ·
i second that motion. Replacing the rear sway and getting stickier tires (although only slightly) have changed the characteristic of the car completely.

#443 ·
edvc520 said:
i have a question.....
do u guys paint the skirts urself or u bring it to store?
I took my car to a awesome body shop & they painted them to match with the Java Black pearl for $250 for both sides.

IT IS PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!

J.D.

#446 ·
I'm sure you can have it done for less depending on the color match & the product quality. You get what you pay for.

The tough thing about my car that made it a lil pricey was the gold in the 2004 Java Black Pearl. Pretty tough color to match.

My next WRX will be one solid color & most likely white.(since I live in AZ.)

#448 ·
Finally got decent pics of the new EDM headlights and Liberal replica grill. I haven't decided on an emblem for the grill yet. I'll probably get a black "i". You know that sounds odd when you say it out loud, but you know what I mean.

#449 ·
Another shot. This time it's parked next to Smorris' black wagon at a LERSOC meet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.