Subaru WRX Forum banner

---<{{{The Official Wagon Thread}}}>---

712K views 2K replies 415 participants last post by  smorris 
#1 ·
The Offical Wagon Thread

We need this thread to post pictures and talk about cool wagons
...........so if you love wagons and need a place to hang out and talk about wagons to other wagon enthusiests, THis is the place!!!:cool:

I'll get things started with some of my favorite pictures

get ready for the ultimate in my wagon picture collection.

vivid racings car I belive

a real nice blue one

the most bad a$$ silver one I have ever seen

not a wrx but still one of the niceest wagons ever!!!!

I'd like to see more pics of this one, post e'm if you got e'm

and of course mine

See less See more
#329 ·
02 wagon here, it's all good!

#330 ·
since i just got my 2004 wagon, i am only interested in cosmetic mods and anything that will not void my warranty. been tuning hondas for years thought i'd step up to a real car!!;) At any rate, I am a CF glutton, and was wondering if anyone is making the midwing for the 2004 wagon in carbon fiber? Also do the front bumper wings on the STI fit the wagon? What body parts from the sedan/STI fit the wagon if any? Thanks for helpin out a noob!

#331 ·
QuickSilver said:
Hey, do any of you wagon folks have issues w/ your rear gate door lifts?

Mine the hydraulics pooped out...nothing holds the door up...and I gotta use my head to keep the door up while I get my groceries out...and now it slams like a mofo when I just release it.

I've only had the wagon for a bit over a year...shouldn't be going out so soon. I have over 50K miles so the warranty will no longer cover...:(

dan.
I had this problem with my old CRX after like 5 years. I lived with it for a while and used a cane to prop it up, but occasionally the cane would slip and it would slam down, sometimes on my head or back. So I got the hydralics replaced for like $50 each or the pair. The CRX's hatch with 2 sections of glass and it's size of almost 1/2 the car meant it was so heavy that whenever I closed it, the car would shake and even pop the sunroof up briefly to release the air pressure. I pretty much opened and closed the hatch 4 times daily to throw my briefcase in there and whenever I bought groceries since that was the only storage area.

I doubt the WRX hatch hydraulics should die after only a year. I open mine just about daily and it still works fine after 19 months.

The other thing with the CRX hatch is when it started dying, it wouldn't hold the hatch up in cold weather, but on warm days like in summer, the hydraulics would work. Does yours work at all on warmer days, like after being parked in the sun or on 50+ degree days, or is it completely dead?

If they worked fine before you had it in the body shop and stopped working afterwards, you better ask the body shop to pay for the replacement. If they refuse, don't hesitate to badmouth the body shop to your local forum - bad businesses don't deserve any business.

#334 ·
reply to WTYPEROGERX:

Well the hatch worked fine right after I picked it up from the body shop. It wasn't till a day or so later they failed. I can tell the fluid leaked out of them recently since I can see a puddle of oil on my rear cargo mat. Since they worked when I picked up the car...I don;t really have a case against the shop.

It'll be like $80 for each hydraulic...really bites. I've got too many miles for it to be covered under warrranty.

I may have to go the "cane" route till I get really sick of it.

dan.

#335 ·
QuickSilver said:
Well the hatch worked fine right after I picked it up from the body shop. It wasn't till a day or so later they failed. I can tell the fluid leaked out of them recently since I can see a puddle of oil on my rear cargo mat. Since they worked when I picked up the car...I don;t really have a case against the shop.

It'll be like $80 for each hydraulic...really bites. I've got too many miles for it to be covered under warrranty.

I may have to go the "cane" route till I get really sick of it.

dan.
I was watching one of the many DIY mechanic shows that are on cable, and they were plugging this gizmo that mechanics can attach to the arm and it locks it in place. It uses a set screw to lock onto the arm, so maybe they used something like that on yours, and the set screw damaged the housing.

#339 ·
this is a great thread, however a lot of the pictures arent comming out~ I have a white 04 wgn myself. Thinking of painting the stock rims :) hahah im too poor to buy sum new ones. my friend tells me to just paint them black because he's not sure if bronze will come out good. Does anyone have any pics of a white wgn with bronze or even gunmetal stock rims. And if you do can u post a pic and tell me what kind of paint u used

thanks

#343 ·
high on 02C said:
Someone please see the overall stockness of this vehicle

At least I have some future plans...

*My eibach pro kit is here waiting for my Rex
*I have a set of painted side skirts in the mail
*And I have some 18" Flat Black Rota Subzero's in the back of my head...soon

Very nice- i cant wait to install those springs and for you to get those rims.

(you also need an uppipe and downpipe)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.