---<{{{The Official Wagon Thread}}}>--- - Page 122

This is a discussion on ---<{{{The Official Wagon Thread}}}>--- within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; couple more...

couple more

When in doubt, flat out.
    Bugeye Mafia v2.0 #333
    Black N' Blue/03 WRX Wagon/3" TBE/Catless Up-pipe/17" DxR Rims/Lots of tint

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pipes

are the pipes longer on a wagon than the car, im looking into getting a full system.
    an't broke don't fix it, thats what my dad tells me.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sir A D maitie View Post
    are the pipes longer on a wagon than the car, im looking into getting a full system.
    as in the exhaust? No. The wagon uses the same mounting positions as the sedan.
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by sir A D maitie View Post
    Same size. As long as the exhaust works for your year, it will work for wagon/sedan. That is not the same for hatch/sedan though. If you have an 08+ its different.
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Subaru WRX Wagon stage1.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	90316
    Quote Originally Posted by subiwagon03 View Post
    The wagon thread has been pretty quiet lately. Anyone do any recent mods? Any new pictures?
    hope you like it

more pics....my own lovely Wagon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 63029_435665768906_677053906_5401961_7178896_n.jpg   63029_435665783906_677053906_5401963_2623889_n.jpg   2440245.jpg  

Greetings fellow WRX owners.

Hi Guys and Girls.

I have just purchased my first Scooby, It's a 2001 bugeye wagon with 58000 miles on the clock.

It drives extremely well, has had 1 owner and has spent it's entire life on a very small island (for those of you in America, when I say small I mean small, 45sq miles total.) A little carpark scuffed but defiinitely a good purchase.

Totally standard (UK Spec and I am in the UK)

Absolutely loving it! I've driven many a vehicle having spent 21 years in the automotive industry (but not any more) Cossies Evos you name it! but for total fun value the Scooby hasit hands down, and it is still standard!

Do you guys know of anything I should be lookin out for and is it really true that MPG goes up a little once chipped? (obviously; if done by someone who actually knows what their doing)

Has anybody experienced an mpg increase from dumping the cat. It's not an issue here cos were a little behind the UK with regards to emission regs.

Do you know of any free HP, ie, do this do that, no worries free HP,

If I get my tech, who is a Scooby tech, to adjust the actuator up, say two threads, will it increase boost or wiil the ECU take over and re-adjust the boost back to standard, and what is standaed boost, Psi please.

I think that is about it for now, anything you guys have to offer would be very much appriciated as I am most definitly a petrol head looking to enjoy his recent purchase.

And yes I do understand that a Scooby is for life and not just for Christmas.

Ps. do I have the perfect girlfriend? after only one hundred meters on boost in third gear during road test, she said, and i quote "WE ARE BUYING THIS CAR" and after only a couple of corners on a B road she said again, "WE AAARRRREEE BYING THIS CAR."

Kind regards
    MartyGee

And if you reply,
    Please call me Marty

One : Yes, you have the perfect girlfriend.

Two : I used to live on an island. The island life is not for me.

Three : Parking lots... or carparks for that matter, are the bane of any care enthusiest. I hate parking lots.

Parking lots

Hey Rejor11

The brilliant thing about having a family is:

I get to park in the familly parking spaces where there is no chance of anybody wacking my car with their doors cos there is S**T loads of space between the bays. Ha Ha Ha.

watch out for those dings and dents now won't you

Marty

I wish we had family parking in the parking garages here in the states! At least, I haven't seen any that have family parking, and I've been in a lot of parking garages here.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyGee View Post
    Hi Guys and Girls.
    I have just purchased my first Scooby, It's a 2001 bugeye wagon with 58000 miles on the clock.
    Welcome Marty. In the future, you should create a new thread for posts of this sort, it will likely generate more responses.

Do you guys know of anything I should be lookin out for and is it really true that MPG goes up a little once chipped? (obviously; if done by someone who actually knows what their doing)

Has anybody experienced an mpg increase from dumping the cat. It's not an issue here cos were a little behind the UK with regards to emission regs.
    The WRX has flash-able ECU memory, therefore "chipping" is not required. A tuner need only rewrite the proper tables and values and upload to the ECU. Engine management, be it piggyback or plug-and-play, is readily available for these cars, though I cannot recommend a unit with pre-loaded UK maps.

I have experienced improved fuel economy by tuning and utilizing high-flow catalytic converters. Stock, my car saw 25 MPG typical highway consumption. After turboback exhaust + tune, my car sees 28 MPG highway consumption. This comes at a price, however, of reduced city fuel consumption (or perhaps I am just more likely to hit the throttle ).

Do you know of any free HP, ie, do this do that, no worries free HP
    Unfortunately, what you have asked is not possible. Subaru has factory-tuned their cars to meet emissions, safety, and reliability requirements. Subaru engineers are the best at tuning Subaru cars. Once modding commences, the chances of engine failure increases.
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Reply to reply

Hey Zax

Thanks for the reply, looks like stage two remap is on the cards for Jan next year when the warranty runs out, (got it from a dealer who very kindly gave me three months on it.

have just put fuel in it and sat down and calculated what mpg I am getting. You must remember, where I am there is no motorways, its all urban driving here. 45sq miles total after that your in the sea. We do have some nice roads out in the country, twisty and fun.

I generally drive like the old man I am these days with the odd enjoyment of the boost. but it's not to bad, seems I am getting about 23 - 24mpg. Given that I live on an island that is hills and valleys and a max speed limit 40mph I think it's OK.

The remapping they say could improve mpg by as much as 20% so thats 27.6 - 28.8 mpg urban the way I drive, can't complain at that right!?

Have thought about sports cats but they cost so that will have to wait! shame.

Well thanks again Zax
    Talk to ya later
    Regards
    Marty

Daddy Wagon

By the way Zax.

Hope you do not mind but I like that terminology "Daddy Wagon" so I'm gonna use it!

Marty

NJO
    almost back together!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0809.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	129.1 KB 
ID:	90669
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

Got a little paint happy there, eh?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying