Another "removing orange bulb cover" thread - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Another "removing orange bulb cover" thread within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anybody know a site that sells Philips Silvervisions?...

Anybody know a site that sells Philips Silvervisions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yo wrxinthehouse, is that with LED's or the Silvervisions?

Verbal:
    here is a link for the bulbs.

edited to add link
    Last edited by mesaro; 03-11-2003 at 04:39 PM.
    2005 Forrester XT premium

how long should this take cutting it up?and how about a pic of the snips you used?

a pain

I did this this weekend, along with debadging my trunk and disabling my drl's. I removed the orange without opening the light up..I was a PAIN!!! maybe im not patient enough but it had me furious (that damn plastic is strong!) hard to break up. But its done and looks better ( i have liberal eyelines so not much difference)

Here's the tool I used to cut up the orange thing. I think they are called avation shears. The blades are small enough to get through the hole and it provides some good leverage to chop that bastard up.

It took me about 2 hours total for the job. That includes cleaning my greasy fingerprints off the chrome. If I were going to do it again, I'd wear some latex gloves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pdr_0018 (small).jpg  
    Last edited by Hot_Dog; 03-11-2003 at 08:26 PM.
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

I took mine out when I did the painted headlight mod. W/o the mod i think it looks even more neon-ish, but thats just me

here's a pic of mine:
    http://www.pbase.com/blackwrx02/2002_subaru_wrx

i just left the stock bulb in there. Flashes white though

chrisquik - how did you go about the debadging? I was always wondering how to go about this......... would prob. look better without the SUBARU badging on trunk.

(by the way....great pics.....)

Get some Goo Gone and use dental floss to "saw" through the adhesive or GENTLY+CAREFULLY pry the edge up after dousing it with some goo gone and loosening it. the it will peel off keep squirting it with GG and it'll come off easier.

Actually, I bought some 99 cent orange bulbs and painted a thin layer of silver over them. Not as bright as LEDs or the Silvervisions, but it works.

Originally posted by mesaro
    Yo wrxinthehouse, is that with LED's or the Silvervisions?

Verbal:
    here is a link for the bulbs.

edited to add link
    Catalytic converters are for hippies.

removing with no scratches

I debadged my trunk expecting a few little scratches cuz that is what everyone on here said would happen, but...i have NONE!
    I only used a hair dryer to warm the letters up... then dental floss to "saw" but..I sawed between the glue and the emblem, NOT between the glue and the car.
    So after this i had a lot of glue stuff on my trunk. then i used rubbing alcohol on the glue only (not alot) just to make it not AS sticky.
    Heated it up a little more and then just boogered the glue off, kind of rolling it up, this took MOST of it off.
    then went over any slight glue residue with rubbing alcohol. After this a coat of wax.
    Turned out PERFECT with not a single scuff or scratch I'm good, I'm good

Thanks...... I have been wanting to get the damn badge off from the dealership. (looks like ass).... thanks....will deff. have to give it a try. Will let you know how it turns out.

just did mine the snip and cut way, kinda a pain but better then melting the headlights, couldn't figure out how to get the 2nd harnesss undone so i had to sit on the ground and do it, a few scratches but nothing noticable from a couple of feet away. now with my clear corner coming in it'll look really sweet

Damn that was a B**ch! It took me about 1 1/2 hours or so to do both lights. I think I would have rather spent my time installing an uppipe, that would have been less anoying! j/k

I used the Aviation Shears also, along with a set of regular dikes to cut them up. I got a few knicks on the reflector, but not too bad.

I like the new look, I also tinted my corner lenses and tinted my taillights this weekend to, along with new rubber on the car, the exterior changed quite a bit this weekend!

-Jason
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

I'd have to say this is the most fustrating mod you can do. The orange dome always want to flip the wrong way, so you're spending most of your time trying to get it lined up. Then you snip a little, and the damn thing moves again. I almost think that it would be easer to just stick the lights in the oven
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

yeah or the bulb want to flip up in between the blades like mine did. The first one went quick but the 2nd one wanted to be a pain and cause alot of small scratches but not a big deal , since the Jun eyebrows will be going on eventually. Now Im just waiting for my clears to show up.

What color did you tint the corners?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.