Clear Blinker Lenses - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Clear Blinker Lenses within the Exterior and Appearance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; i have those exact clear blinkers and i cant figure out how to change the damn bulb in them :-x ...

i have those exact clear blinkers and i cant figure out how to change the damn bulb in them :-x I tried unscrewing the back portion but i'm scared to break it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX
    I printed out the webpage and added it to my b-day list. It isn't for another 5 months, so I'm dropping little hints to the mrs. Either that or Vishnu stage sub-zero.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Talking sidemarker

Here's an idea... I saw "side markers" at Circuit city. They are the ones that are right in front of the front doors, by the fender flares. Yor have to drill holes in the car, but I think it would look great with a clear blinker lense. Anyone have ideas as to the wiring for both of them?
    Thanks for your time

does anyone make quality clear sidemarkers that fit like OEM, don't fall out, don't need tape, and easy to install?
    'Why play if I can't win?'

someone help me here???
    'Why play if I can't win?'

I agree. I love the look of clear side markes, but I dont like the idea of having the sweet looking side markers falling off and vibrating at speed. I have seen some rex's that put vents in place of side marker lights, but I havent seen much info about them. If anybody knows whether they are functional or not, or where to find them, PM me. Also, the location of a good quality OEM Spec clear corner would be highly appreciated
    03, wrx, aspen white, K&N drop in filter, for now waitin for warranty to go bye bye.

All this worry about them falling off is almost silly.

You have a hook at the bottom and a metal spring clip type thing at the top.

Both of these retaining points on the cheap aftermarket lights are made a tad too long. meaning that there is a little play in them.

I cured this play with 2 wire ties.

I took a wire tie and wrapped it around the bottom hook (thing...whatever these are called) and did the same at the top. Just make sure they are placed properly and it now has a very snug fit and will never rattle free.

A very simple fix, so PLEASE do not deny yourself a great looking and cheap set of clear parking lights because of this.

Good luck and go buy your lights.

Drew
    Mine have been on for over a year and still a tight fit:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sept-20-21-diy-day.jpg  
    02' Blk, Wagon, Cobb Stg. 2

Originally posted by snict
    I agree. I love the look of clear side markes, but I dont like the idea of having the sweet looking side markers falling off and vibrating at speed. I have seen some rex's that put vents in place of side marker lights, but I havent seen much info about them. If anybody knows whether they are functional or not, or where to find them, PM me. Also, the location of a good quality OEM Spec clear corner would be highly appreciated
    I have the Zerosport knockoff vents. Functionally, they do nothing. Asthetically, they look good.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Are there any different brands that make the corner lights? I donno if i would want vents in my side panals, especially if they dont have any benefit. That would just allow too much nature to get inside my panals and engine bay. Anyway are all clear corner lights created equal, or are there different looks to different brands? I've seen some around on different websites, but they seem pretty much the same. But its hard to tell in a picture if one brand is maybe bulkier and more lego looking then another brand. Any ideas on this??
    03, wrx, aspen white, K&N drop in filter, for now waitin for warranty to go bye bye.

All the ones I have seen look the same except for the very expensive STI ones (which in my opinion don't look nearly as good).

Drew
    02' Blk, Wagon, Cobb Stg. 2

Cool, Thx for the info. Ill be ordering my clear corners and my K&N drop in filter shortly then

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.