Brush Guard?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Brush Guard? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've been wondering this for a while and i brought it up to my friends alittle while after i got ...

Brush Guard?

I've been wondering this for a while and i brought it up to my friends alittle while after i got my 07 WRX TR and some laughed at me and others were like HELL YEA!!!
    soo, clubWRX, help me out
    would it look weird to get a brush guard on my Urban Gray metalic 07 WRX TR??
    cuz i thought it may look pritty badass or it could look completely horrible i can't decide.
    has anyone done this to their hawkeye?
    -Delta9
    Last edited by Delta9RexTR; 06-11-2007 at 03:31 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Never seen a compact sedan with a brushguard before...Probably would have to fabricate your own I guess?

I'd say...if you got one, it would prove to everyone in doubt, that you aren't scared...
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

what would be the pros and cons of it?
    i mean if i hit sometihng i wouldn't have to worry about the body or engine of my car but like if i hit something hard i could mess up my chassis of my car couldn't i?? isn't that what the BG is attached to?
    also, how heavy do you tihnk it would be and would it take away from my street raceing ablities?
    -Delta9

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta9RexTR View Post
    what would be the pros and cons of it?
    i mean if i hit sometihng i wouldn't have to worry about the body or engine of my car but like if i hit something hard i could mess up my chassis of my car couldn't i?? isn't that what the BG is attached to?
    also, how heavy do you tihnk it would be and would it take away from my street raceing ablities?
    -Delta9
    Pro's- Far more confendence when flying through the air
    Con's- The children in the school zones won't have a chance in hell
    -your street racing cred will go down the ****er

Do it check out rally inovations. are you talking about a rally bar or like a skid plate for the bumper? Rally inovantions makes both I got a subie as my desktop background with one. Its hard.

damn...now i gotta decide wether i wanna go rally? or street?.....
    im talking about the like raming grill thing that like the new dodge charger cops have and many SUV's have.
    -Delta9

Banned
    Like this> no shame in this bad boy it would eat street racers for breakfast. I personaly want one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails semamain3.jpg  
    Last edited by ERIKBROCKHOFF; 06-12-2007 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ERIKBROCKHOFF View Post
    Like this> no shame in this bad boy it would eat street racers for breakfast. I personaly want one.
    That's a pretty sweet GC.

To the OP, unless you actually rally, and the rest of your car is set up for rallying, a rally bar/light bar across the front would look out of place and kinda pointless. If you do intend on rallying, go for it, and go all the way (mudflaps, skid plates, etc.)

Banned
    What about raming purpouses. Sure would keep that bumper nice while getin them danm civics forced off the road

check with rally innovations (rallyinnovations.com). They have a light bar that they are custom making for mine (8 lights) and I think they might have or be able to fabricate something for you too. i also think primitiveracing would be another one to check out.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

I wanna go the rally route.
    What else should i get other then the brush guard, mud flaps, and skid

guard inorder to make my car rally ready?

what kind of suspension should i get? should i raise my car?

also, if my car is fast for rally, wouldn't it be fast on the street? why would my street cred. go down?

right now i have TurboXS TBE and ACT clutch and streetlight flywheel. am i still strait to go down the rally route?
    thanks guys
    -Delta9

guys, now that i think about it,
    that "brushguard" by rallyinnovations
    isn't really much of a brush guard.
    its more like a mouth guard.
    na, i was just pondering the idea of what it would look like to get
    a BIG A** one. Anyone know anyone else that makes brushguards for my 07? or any pics that i can look at?
    also, if i hit something with the brushguard like, what are the chances that it'll crumple in or flex in and bend my chassis or smash my head lights???
    -Delta9

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta9RexTR View Post
    also, if i hit something with the brushguard like, what are the chances that it'll crumple in or flex in and bend my chassis or smash my head lights???
    -Delta9
    That question is secondary to the question, "If I hit something with my brush guard on, what are the chances that my air bag sensors will not work properly and I'll totally mess up my dash and steering wheel with my body?" This is one reason I don't use one. I could certainly use the light mounting points though, and am looking for a solution that will allow the air bags to deploy correctly. I'll post back if I ever find one.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

haha that would definitely be something to consider never really thought about that.
    :-( im now dissappointed :-( yea SD_GR let me know if you find out something so im not smeared on my dash
    but aside from that...any one else have answers?
    i want a brush guard soo bad so i can go "out back" but i don't know if i like the guard by rally innovations. its soo small!!! i want to see a bigger one (if it exists)

-Delta9

dude you bringing this thread back has brought me back to this forum (so now i lurk Nasioc and this jont )

i ended up getting a great deal on a RI light bar and lights but it didn't come with the mounting brackets and shizz so i had to buy that from RI ($75 bucks ) but w.e. my car looks mean now. now if only i could figure out and decide how to wire up my lights i can't decide if i want to wire it to a switch (like the red "arming" switches or if i want to hook it up to my stock fogs.....any recommendations?
    thanks
    -GreenLantern (from nasioc)

DUB
    So did it end up effecting your "street raceing ablities"?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.